Will the Huskers Lose Four?

Urban Meyer is also making it work.

We do not have J.T. Barrett sitting on our bench...

And who's fault is that?

J.T. Barrett's.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by Ohio St. COMMITTED (04/18/2012) Offered 11/23/2012 Tom Herman Arizona None Offered None Baylor None Offered None Clemson None None Illinois None Offered None Iowa St. None None LSU None Offered None Mississippi None Offered None Nebraska None Offered None

He had no interest in Nebraska. We did however get Stanton who could be really good. The truth of the matter is most freshman do not make an impact like this in big programs.

That situation actually turned out to be a blessing for him. Barrett is a much better passer, hence Urb doesnt have to run him 40 times a game (beins Hyde is gone, this is probably lowballin for Braxton's actual work load, heh). Braxton was gonna get hurt at some point this year anyway. I seriously think Braxton's Ohio St career is over.

Yeah Urban could never make a 2 Qb system work. Especially when one is more of a run threat and the other is more of a passer. Oh! Nevermind that is exactly what he did with Tebow and Leak.

And who's fault is that?

J.T. Barrett's.

School

Interest

Offer

Visit

Recruited by

Ohio St.

COMMITTED (04/18/2012)

Offered

11/23/2012

Tom Herman

Arizona

None

Offered

None

Baylor

None

Offered

None

Clemson

None

None

Illinois

None

Offered

None

Iowa St.

None

None

LSU

None

Offered

None

Mississippi

None

Offered

None

Nebraska

None

Offered

None

He had no interest in Nebraska. We did however get Stanton who could be really good. The truth of the matter is most freshman do not make an impact like this in big programs.

Well the point is that it's on the staff to get these guys. And to actually develop kids like Stanton, which I have my doubts that that's happening.

As for your freshman comment, I can think of a guy who might take it........."Pierson-el"

it's the coach's job to tailor gameplans to the available personel. Personally, i thought we did a flat out sh**ty job of this last year. Cost us the Mich St game. Shoulda cost us the northwestern game. The Iowa game was just an epic dumpster fire of an offensive plan. And that was with an offense with not only the qb out, but multiple injuries on the offensive line and receivers. Yes, Beck thought that Tom Brady was still back there.

This year, if our-as so many see him as-mediocre starting qb goes down, and we still have our improving oline starters and heisman candidate in the backfield and a solid playing and improving talented defense, losing our starting qb should be a non issue with this schedule. Maybe one loss could be attributed. But not 3. Fyfe showed he's plenty capable to manage the offense in such a situation.

And who's fault is that?

J.T. Barrett's.

School

Interest

Offer

Visit

Recruited by

Ohio St.

COMMITTED (04/18/2012)

Offered

11/23/2012

Tom Herman

Arizona

None

Offered

None

Baylor

None

Offered

None

Clemson

None

None

Illinois

None

Offered

None

Iowa St.

None

None

LSU

None

Offered

None

Mississippi

None

Offered

None

Nebraska

None

Offered

None

Well the point is that it's on the staff to get these guys. And to actually develop kids like Stanton, which I have my doubts that that's happening.

As for your freshman comment, I can think of a guy who might take it........."Pierson-el"

Polo, I couldn't agree more with the Pierson El. If we lost Armstrong, I think he would be our best hope.

And who's fault is that?

J.T. Barrett's.

School Interest Offer Visit Recruited by Ohio St. COMMITTED (04/18/2012) Offered 11/23/2012 Tom Herman Arizona None Offered None Baylor None Offered None Clemson None None Illinois None Offered None Iowa St. None None LSU None Offered None Mississippi None Offered None Nebraska None Offered None

I believe Ohio State's last 3 successful QB's were all freshmen when they started

I wouldn't want to see a two QB system. I think Fyfe would be ok if TA went down but the thing that would hurt us is teams like Mich st. that are capable of shutting down AA. Which I don't think it would happen again in a rematch because of our Oline change up that we have made even if the starters stay the same. Fyfe wont be able to run the zone read as well as TA which would hurt us but he may be a better passer so it could even out. Wouldn't actually know unless it happened which I hope doesn't.

And who's fault is that?

J.T. Barrett's.

I believe Ohio State's last 3 successful QB's were all freshmen when they started

Those Newcombe and Crouch guys were real clods too.