An Interesting Blind Resume Test (Please Stop Screaming About SEC Bias)

Landlord

If you're in favor of a deflated regular season schedule and would like to see out-of-conference schedules full of MAC and Sun Belt teams, you should insist on only conference champions being included in the playoff.

Because OOC schedules are chock full of games against the best teams from the power-5 conferences? And for some teams *cough*SEC*cough* it seems like the regular season doesn't matter all that much anyway.

Do you think it would get better or worse if only conference champions were included?

Why should a runner up (or more teams) in the same conference be considered in the playoffs, when they did not win their conference? It is another chance to be National Champions for multiple teams in the same conference to win. Win your freakin' conference, if not - their is always next year and take a bowl game, good luck.

What if your only loss is on the road in a close game to the team that wins the conference and you never had a chance to play them or for the title on a neutral field?

I guess they do not have a conference championship, correct?

Edited by NebraskaShellback

If you're in favor of a deflated regular season schedule and would like to see out-of-conference schedules full of MAC and Sun Belt teams, you should insist on only conference champions being included in the playoff.

Because OOC schedules are chock full of games against the best teams from the power-5 conferences? And for some teams *cough*SEC*cough* it seems like the regular season doesn't matter all that much anyway.

Do you think it would get better or worse if only conference champions were included?

Neither?

We already have that, and the Big 10 is moving to 9 games/year soon.

I don't want the playoff to ever be more than 6 teams, though.

We already have one conference champ getting left out. Punish the one not playing tough OOC. Everyone else will step up in line.

I thought this was an interesting way of doing it, so I had my wife make the "key" My top 25 based on current wins and losses. Based on the current CFPC rankings. Example: Miss St is team y and Florida St is team S.

1. Miss St

2. Florida St

3. Auburn

4. Michigan St

5. Kansas St

6. Oregon

7. TCU

8. Clemson

8. Notre Dame

10. Alabama

11. Nebraska

12. Baylor

13. Arizona St

14. LSU

15. Ole Miss

16. Oklahoma

17. UCLA

18. West Virginia

19. Arizona

20. Duke

20. Georgia

20. Ohio St

23. Utah

24. East Carolina

25. Louisville

Note: bottom of top 25 will change as I only ranked the 25 teams in the current top 25.

People will not screaming SEC bias until that bias truly ends. When you look at the polls out today, Ole Miss and Georgia are both ranked way too high. Georgia just got crushed by a struggling Florida team. And the real kicker is Missouri being ranked. That's right...the Big Ten's only team without a conference win....Indiana....beat Missouri, at Missouri.