All the "top" teams are overrated... Flordia State we could beat easily. Everyone looks beatable!

No way, we are Nebraska, we are the only ones with positives hopes and drive. Shame on you!

It truly is shaping up to be one heck of a college football season. Anyone can throw a monkey wrench into the best laid plans for sure. Going to be an interesting 6-7 weeks.

I think I am more interested this year, because if Nebraska can do well, it helps Ameer a lot. He is what college football Heisman are supposed to be. Mariota is going to be tough to beat, as he is pretty good kid to.

:bigredn: Looking at the flawed rankings and the power ratings, Nebraska has just as good a chance going for the gold as does any other NCAA football team this season. Many games left and some at the top (or many) will surely fall. Way too many factors involved for any person or group [aka experts] to pick the outcome with any accuracy. Using the ratings/power rankings system to predict the outcome of the season is like using the blue or gold sheet when attempting to pick a winning horse at the track. It's all smoke and mirrors....and those who make & sell those sheets are the only $$$ winners. :box

Get mad at me all you want but we have a chance to win it and and will not get stomped! Florida State barely skates by an average team again. Everyone here except myself seems very pessimistic. What are your thoughts? This is the best team we've had in years and will be 8-1 going into a bye week. We will be rested up and easily pound Whisky, Minnesota and Iowa.

stevie-wonder01.jpg

• Fire 1

I agree with the OP that there is not a dominant team this year. That being said #15 for us is what we deserve. The remaining games on our schedule will tell us if we our a top team. Right now we are not. So, how do we improve over this last critical stretch? I think there are a few players that need to go to the next level. Tommy needs to show steady improvement. But I would really like Kenny Bell to prove the doubters wrong...he is a guy that must play big for us to win big. On defense, Gregory needs to come up big in the remaining games. Collins has been improving and I like what I see. I also like what Zaire is showing. Gerry has to be more consistently solid. The defense has a lot of guys that if they raised their game collectively a bit could be a unit to play for a the BIG championship. OL needs to get it together still but shows spots at times. We really do feel like a team sitting just on the edge. Some of these teams ahead of us are going to fall. The next game at Wiscy will tell us a lot. Hope they can prove many of us wrong and play like we all want them to.

How are the next three going to tell us we are a top team. None of them are ranked.

I doubt we raise any in the poll. May even fall. Not an impressive win.

Everyone should forget about the poll, the CCG and anything else besides trying to figure out a way to beat Wisky. That includes the staff and the team.

We are lucky to be ranked where we are. We have played no one but Michigan State and got beat.

Quit trying to make us into something we are not.

There are two and three loss teams out there that we would want absolutely no part of.

How are the next three going to tell us we are a top team. None of them are ranked.

Everyone should forget about the poll, the CCG and anything else besides trying to figure out a way to beat Wisky. That includes the staff and the team.

We are lucky to be ranked where we are. We have played no one but Michigan State and got beat.

There are two and three loss teams out there that we would want absolutely no part of.

Christ for awhile we wanted no part of a five loss team.

And Arkansas tonight bets Nebraska. Handily.

I could give a sh#t less about what other teams do against bad competition. It is 100% irrelevant to Nebraska football. Why? Because the point still remains. We play like we did against McNeese, Mich State for 3 1/2 quarters, Northwestern for a half, and today, the regular will end 8-4. It's that frickin simple. Does that I mean I think it'll happen? Well, no I dont. Not in all 3 anyway. But the numbers and history of this progam says with pretty solid evidence that we're gonna sh#t the bed and lose in one more game for sure, and probably 2. But performances like today, and it's gonna be a pretty long November.

I got pretty nitpicky with a 42-24 win last week. Stepped off the ledge about midweek and restrained myself some. My angst against Beck last week as admittedly misplaced. This week? LOL. Not not only were the issues not fixed or focused on, but they unsuprisingly grew in both numbers and ridiculousness. And Beck's not free from legit criticism either.

We got two weeks to prepare for the stretch run. Get Ameer healthy. Get Cross and Newby much needed reps. And for the love of god, analyze what we do well on offense and lets concentrate on finetuning and perfecting that sh#t instead of continuing down this sh#t eatin multiple crap. Run the ball, play action, defense special teams. Get the 3 wins and get to Indy. My guess is we'll know in the first few minutes of the Wiscy game where we stand.

Christ for awhile we wanted no part of a five loss team.

And Arkansas tonight bets Nebraska. Handily.

I would love to play the likes of Arky, Kentucky, Vandy, and SEC east leading Mizzou. I agree the SEC is the best conference but I think some of what we are seeing this year is Alabama and LSU are a bit down and Miss. St. and Ole Miss are up. But people are surprised Alabama and LSU lost so these other schools must be all world. I don't see Miss. St. or Ole Miss in the league of Alabama, LSU, and Florida teams that were very dominant in recent years. Ole Miss has now gone down twice and Miss. St. is struggling with bottom feeders. They are improved no doubt but I won't be surprised if neither of those teams are standing in the end.

Even if we win out, it's a long shot for us to make the playoff. Everyone realizes FSU is overrated and we're all just waiting for them to drop a game, but they don't. Until they drop a game though they deserve to be in the top four. Personally I think they should be #1 until they lose, they have the right to defend there championship and should be rewarded for that with the top seed if they go undefeated. The Huskers on the other hand still haven't really proven anything. I don't even know who we are and the season is 2/3rds. We probably won't know who we are till the championship game or bowl season. We can play with anyone, but I still don't know that we can beat anyone. Until the season is in the books we won't know if this has all been a sham put on by a weak schedule and conference, i.e. this team tripping over itself when it matters most, or if they're the real deal.

The Huskers have proven just as much as every other one loss team. If the Huskers win the BIG, and I consider that a long shot, it would be a travesty if the Huskers didn't make the playoffs. Every Power 5 conference champion deserves to be in the playoffs. If there are multiple conference champions with the same number of losses, the the team that won a CCG should go to the playoffs.

Even if we win out, it's a long shot for us to make the playoff. Everyone realizes FSU is overrated and we're all just waiting for them to drop a game, but they don't. Until they drop a game though they deserve to be in the top four. Personally I think they should be #1 until they lose, they have the right to defend there championship and should be rewarded for that with the top seed if they go undefeated. The Huskers on the other hand still haven't really proven anything. I don't even know who we are and the season is 2/3rds. We probably won't know who we are till the championship game or bowl season. We can play with anyone, but I still don't know that we can beat anyone. Until the season is in the books we won't know if this has all been a sham put on by a weak schedule and conference, i.e. this team tripping over itself when it matters most, or if they're the real deal.

The Huskers have proven just as much as every other one loss team. If the Huskers win the BIG, and I consider that a long shot, it would be a travesty if the Huskers didn't make the playoffs. Every Power 5 conference champion deserves to be in the playoffs. If there are multiple conference champions with the same number of losses, the the team that won a CCG should go to the playoffs.

False, almost all those other one loss teams have wins over ranked opponents or have played more than one ranked opponent this season.