If the Republicans win the Senate, it would be the worst nightmare for them in 2016.

They will spew all over themselves thinking they have a referendum to destroy everything with Obama's name on it and in turn, will turn off about 65-70% of Americans. But, hey, the angry old white guy will be happy.

The best case scenario for them would be to gain ground in the Senate but not win it. That way, they don't have this egotistic scorched earth mentality going into 2016 and maybe...just maybe....someone in the party comes to their senses and actually campaigns on ideas and being reasonable and not trying to fill the world with the biggest load of crap ever known to man or beast.

And, no, I still can't fathom who in the hell I'm voting for tomorrow.

I've wondered about that same thing. I don't think that their rabble rousers (see Cruz, Ted) will let them do anything but full scale anti-Obama warfare. So . . . yeah . . . that's not going to do them any favors in 2016. We'll see. The GOP could still win in 2016 if the economic recovery stalls or reverses . . . or if there is some sort of foreign policy crisis/massive terrorist attack. Barring something along those lines the demographics do not look favorable.

I'm genuinely interested (and a bit nervous) to see what they do if there is a SCOTUS vacancy. I'd lay odds on a full blown Constitutional crisis if it happens.

The only hope the GOP has long term is to be completely destroyed and torn apart in every election until they honestly sit around and wonder WTF??? licking their wounds. THEN...and only then....maybe they will crawl back humbly and ask politely for our votes and actually respect our intelligence.

I feel like they are like a junky that just needs to hit rock bottom before they will realize what they are doing to themselves and start trying to fix it.

• Fire 1

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/kwgaxa/democalypse-2014---south-by-south-mess--austin-s-real-weirdness

This bit about gerrymandering in Texas is remarkable. And definitely something people should pay attention to.

That's actually a really weird gerrymander from a Republican perspective. The idea in a situation like this is to pack as many Democratic votes as you can into one far-left district, so that the remaining blue leaning areas of Austin can be more easily be absorbed into the red suburbs and countryside. I mean, obviously their method works too, it just seems wasteful to have a D+9 district in the Austin area when you could have a D+40 district and make all those other Republican seats that much safer. It has the added bonus of actually letting Austin vote as a cultural entity, so that particular gripe can be turned aside.

What would that be? Balanced budget? Low crime? Low unemployment? Quality schools (for the most part, some could be better)... Yeah sure hope we get rid of "more of the same"

Nebraska is doing pretty well, all in all. Then again, given the nature of our economy the recession didn't hit us as hard as some other states. Our schools are decent (with plenty of room for improvement). Our crime rate is probably comparable to states with similar population density. The commitment to fiscal responsibility is certainly admirable.

It's likely that the biggest change that we see if the returns come in as expected is that the Keystone XL will be approved.

Edit: should have opted to expand Medicaid . . . but who cares about the poors anyways?

I thought XL was down to the Feds at this point? :dunno

If the repubs take the Senate, I hope they don't overplay and this becomes 'investigation central'. My hope is that, working wt the House, they pass legit legislation (not 'gotcha' legislation just to place Obama in a no win situation), pass a budget (something Dingy Harry knew nothing of) and place bills on Obama's desk to deal wt. Perhaps, Obama may become more pragmatic like Bill Clinton did. The Repubs can become 'heros' by leading or 'zeros' by playing the blame, gotcha game. It will determine if they maintain the Senate in 2016 and win the WH by how they play the next 2 years.

rofl, you expect the group being controlled by people who openly stated the goal was to make sure Obama didn't "win" no matter the cost will not play the gotcha game? Give me a f'ing break. Repubtards will end up tearing the Republicans as a whole apart and it will spell disaster for 2016.

If the repubs take the Senate, I hope they don't overplay and this becomes 'investigation central'. My hope is that, working wt the House, they pass legit legislation (not 'gotcha' legislation just to place Obama in a no win situation), pass a budget (something Dingy Harry knew nothing of) and place bills on Obama's desk to deal wt. Perhaps, Obama may become more pragmatic like Bill Clinton did. The Repubs can become 'heros' by leading or 'zeros' by playing the blame, gotcha game. It will determine if they maintain the Senate in 2016 and win the WH by how they play the next 2 years.

Yea, we all know that's not going to happen. If they win the Senate, they will take it as a mandate to continue their obstructionism.

What would that be? Balanced budget? Low crime? Low unemployment? Quality schools (for the most part, some could be better)... Yeah sure hope we get rid of "more of the same"

Nebraska is doing pretty well, all in all. Then again, given the nature of our economy the recession didn't hit us as hard as some other states. Our schools are decent (with plenty of room for improvement). Our crime rate is probably comparable to states with similar population density. The commitment to fiscal responsibility is certainly admirable.

It's likely that the biggest change that we see if the returns come in as expected is that the Keystone XL will be approved.

Edit: should have opted to expand Medicaid . . . but who cares about the poors anyways?

I thought XL was down to the Feds at this point? :dunno

Basically. It's been held up in the Senate.

Do these voting machine calibration errors only benefit Dems (several reports out there of this kind of thing happening). Have any of you guys who frequent more left leaning sites, seen reports of voting machine errors favoring the repubs? Just wondering. :dunno This site is obviously a conservative site.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-vote-republican-automatically-registers-democrat_818159.html

Do these voting machine calibration errors only benefit Dems (several reports out there of this kind of thing happening). Have any of you guys who frequent more left leaning sites, seen reports of voting machine errors favoring the repubs? Just wondering. :dunno This site is obviously a conservative site.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-vote-republican-automatically-registers-democrat_818159.html

http://www.news-record.com/news/voting-machine-again-displays-wrong-choice/article_4b6f41e4-616e-11e4-aa89-0017a43b2370.html#.VFexxsO-0mo.twitter

Fox isn't covering both sides, eh? Haha.