If the Republicans win the Senate, it would be the worst nightmare for them in 2016.

They will spew all over themselves thinking they have a referendum to destroy everything with Obama's name on it and in turn, will turn off about 65-70% of Americans. But, hey, the angry old white guy will be happy.

The best case scenario for them would be to gain ground in the Senate but not win it. That way, they don't have this egotistic scorched earth mentality going into 2016 and maybe...just maybe....someone in the party comes to their senses and actually campaigns on ideas and being reasonable and not trying to fill the world with the biggest load of crap ever known to man or beast.

And, no, I still can't fathom who in the hell I'm voting for tomorrow.

I've wondered about that same thing. I don't think that their rabble rousers (see Cruz, Ted) will let them do anything but full scale anti-Obama warfare. So . . . yeah . . . that's not going to do them any favors in 2016. We'll see. The GOP could still win in 2016 if the economic recovery stalls or reverses . . . or if there is some sort of foreign policy crisis/massive terrorist attack. Barring something along those lines the demographics do not look favorable.

I'm genuinely interested (and a bit nervous) to see what they do if there is a SCOTUS vacancy. I'd lay odds on a full blown Constitutional crisis if it happens.

The only hope the GOP has long term is to be completely destroyed and torn apart in every election until they honestly sit around and wonder WTF??? licking their wounds. THEN...and only then....maybe they will crawl back humbly and ask politely for our votes and actually respect our intelligence.

I feel like they are like a junky that just needs to hit rock bottom before they will realize what they are doing to themselves and start trying to fix it.

WOW... Glad you have your blinders on... Both major parties are nothing but over spending, war mongering, freedom taking ass hats. Pubs come out with stupid sh#t and well and the Dems... Wake up man..

Do these voting machine calibration errors only benefit Dems (several reports out there of this kind of thing happening). Have any of you guys who frequent more left leaning sites, seen reports of voting machine errors favoring the repubs? Just wondering. :dunno This site is obviously a conservative site.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-vote-republican-automatically-registers-democrat_818159.html

http://www.news-record.com/news/voting-machine-again-displays-wrong-choice/article_4b6f41e4-616e-11e4-aa89-0017a43b2370.html#.VFexxsO-0mo.twitter

Fox isn't covering both sides, eh? Haha.

I don't know - I don't watch fox much. Good to know the voting machines aren't partisan! Just wished they'd all work properly all of the time - of course they are machines and they can all fail.

Do these voting machine calibration errors only benefit Dems (several reports out there of this kind of thing happening). Have any of you guys who frequent more left leaning sites, seen reports of voting machine errors favoring the repubs? Just wondering. :dunno This site is obviously a conservative site.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-vote-republican-automatically-registers-democrat_818159.html

http://www.news-record.com/news/voting-machine-again-displays-wrong-choice/article_4b6f41e4-616e-11e4-aa89-0017a43b2370.html#.VFexxsO-0mo.twitter

I don't know - I don't watch fox much. Good to know the voting machines aren't partisan! Just wished they'd all work properly all of the time - of course they are machines and they can all fail.

Oh, sorry. Wasn't supposed to be directed at you in particular. My father has been sending me a series of stories that Fox has been running with about Dems stealing the election because two voters say that machines switched their votes. For some reason he hasn't mentioned the story that I linked. Haha.

Oh, sorry. Wasn't supposed to be directed at you in particular. My father has been sending me a series of stories that Fox has been running with about Dems stealing the election because two voters say that machines switched their votes. For some reason he hasn't mentioned the story that I linked. Haha.

Gotcha :thumbs

I just want this SOB over with so the bastages quit calling the house.
I voted 3 days ago and didn't vote for one major party candidate. Of course I had no idea who the people were I did vote for :dunno a couple unaffiliated and a couple libertarians, but no R's and no D's. Udall and Gardner can both pound sand.

• Fire 1

If the Republicans win the Senate, it would be the worst nightmare for them in 2016.

They will spew all over themselves thinking they have a referendum to destroy everything with Obama's name on it and in turn, will turn off about 65-70% of Americans. But, hey, the angry old white guy will be happy.

The best case scenario for them would be to gain ground in the Senate but not win it. That way, they don't have this egotistic scorched earth mentality going into 2016 and maybe...just maybe....someone in the party comes to their senses and actually campaigns on ideas and being reasonable and not trying to fill the world with the biggest load of crap ever known to man or beast.

And, no, I still can't fathom who in the hell I'm voting for tomorrow.

I've wondered about that same thing. I don't think that their rabble rousers (see Cruz, Ted) will let them do anything but full scale anti-Obama warfare. So . . . yeah . . . that's not going to do them any favors in 2016. We'll see. The GOP could still win in 2016 if the economic recovery stalls or reverses . . . or if there is some sort of foreign policy crisis/massive terrorist attack. Barring something along those lines the demographics do not look favorable.

I'm genuinely interested (and a bit nervous) to see what they do if there is a SCOTUS vacancy. I'd lay odds on a full blown Constitutional crisis if it happens.

The only hope the GOP has long term is to be completely destroyed and torn apart in every election until they honestly sit around and wonder WTF??? licking their wounds. THEN...and only then....maybe they will crawl back humbly and ask politely for our votes and actually respect our intelligence.

I feel like they are like a junky that just needs to hit rock bottom before they will realize what they are doing to themselves and start trying to fix it.

WOW... Glad you have your blinders on... Both major parties are nothing but over spending, war mongering, freedom taking ass hats. Pubs come out with stupid sh#t and well and the Dems... Wake up man..

I've been a life long Republican until this last year when I changed to Independent because the Republican party became so absolutely clueless. Look, I already didn't like the Democrats. But, they are at least well organized and talk half way intelligently about issues. They might be on the wrong side of an issue. But, at least they aren't (at the current time) being ran and influenced by idiots in groups like the Tea Party....etc.

Now, if the Dems start losing and the Republicans come some how to their senses, the Dems will do the same thing in the opposite direction and pander to the radical left.

So, spare me the "wake up man". I'm fully awake. I want a party back that represents me. Until the Republicans wake up, I don't see that happening.

Locally:

Sasse wins the Senate by 23+

Ricketts wins the Governorship by 12+

Minimum wage passes.

Nationally:

Republicans take the Senate with a bit of a cushion and pick up a handful in the House.

BUT...........in 2016 the number of Senate seats the Repubs have to defend is similar to the demographics working against the Dems this cycle, so the Presidential election will be especially impactful on the legislative races as well.

Nebraska is in for more of the same...

What would that be? Balanced budget? Low crime? Low unemployment? Quality schools (for the most part, some could be better)... Yeah sure hope we get rid of "more of the same"

A balanced budget is the law, low crime and low unemployment are more than likely a reflection on the low population and the economic drivers of the state than the government itself. But like Carl said medicaid is one. More of the same means more attempts to suppress women's rights, gay rights, talk of restructuring the tax system in ways that are failing for our neighbor to the south, not taking care of the state's rainy day fun despite recent history. In Washington its just another sheep to the heard, Sasse is just plain bad, and the fact that this state can't do better really disappoints me.

• Fire 5

Well we all knew that was going to happen.

Get settled in for two years of incredibly hilarious bullsh#t. It'll go something like this - Republicans will vote to repeal Obamacare and X number of other things, Obama will veto, Republicans will scream about Obama not compromising and working with them, rinse, repeat, and it will go on and on and on and on and on.

Hopefully Ginsberg doesn't kick the bucket.