Get settled in for two years of incredibly hilarious bullsh#t. It'll go something like this - Republicans will vote to repeal Obamacare and X number of other things, Obama will veto, Republicans will scream about Obama not compromising and working with them, rinse, repeat, and it will go on and on and on and on and on.

None of that is anything new, they've been doing that for a while now.

This strategy has won them control of the House and Senate.

Blame the voters, they're the ones that reward such behavior. If it didn't work they would've abandoned it by now. This will continue, with even more political stunts(shutting down the government, filing a dumb lawsuit, etc.) over the next two years.

Ultimately, it seems like it won them a nice self-given pat on the back for two years and then what, exactly?

ABCy8Bq.gif

Get settled in for two years of incredibly hilarious bullsh#t. It'll go something like this - Republicans will vote to repeal Obamacare and X number of other things, Obama will veto, Republicans will scream about Obama not compromising and working with them, rinse, repeat, and it will go on and on and on and on and on.

Blame the voters, they're the ones that reward such behavior. If it didn't work they would've abandoned it by now. This will continue, with even more political stunts(shutting down the government, filing a dumb lawsuit, etc.) over the next two years.

Ultimately, it seems like it won them a nice self-given pat on the back for two years and then what, exactly?

That's just it, that strategy seems to work for local elections like the House and Senate. But there isn't a viable Republican candidate to run for the Presidency in 2016.

The party will probably eat themselves alive, again, during the next presidential primary season.

Both are to blame. You can't only blame the voters or the people in office. I could breakdown why each shoulders a portion of the responsibility, but I think it's obvious enough.

As for the strategy, the Dems are partly to blame for their own losses. Instead of attempting to embrace the good things that have come from Obama's time in office (and there are some), many of them just shunned any possible connection to him. Not a smart move. When you've got Republicans claiming everything is going down the drain, and Democrats not standing up against some of those outright lies, you get what happened last night. Republicans didn't really do anything different than they normally do. The Democrats just folded like a bunch of pussies.

Since I don't live in Kansas any longer I'm kind of happy to see Brownback win tonight because we're going to really find out what his economic policies will do to a state.

How the hell did they re-elect that guy? They deserve the special kind of hell that is coming to them.

Since I don't live in Kansas any longer I'm kind of happy to see Brownback win tonight because we're going to really find out what his economic policies will do to a state.

How the hell did they re-elect that guy? They deserve the special kind of hell that is coming to them.

From what I've gathered, the challenger ran a vague campaign where he was just not Sam Brownback and not surprisingly it wasn't enough. Also, like most other states the R's were able to effectively paint all the D's as being like Obama. Kansas is very red and the race being so close is moral victory of sorts but that's about it.

It could also be because my mom prayed for Brownback to be re-elected because he's a godly man.

From what I've gathered, the challenger ran a vague campaign where he was just not Sam Brownback and not surprisingly it wasn't enough. Also, like most other states the R's were able to effectively paint all the D's as being like Obama. Kansas is very red and the race being so close is moral victory of sorts but that's about it.

It could also be because my mom prayed for Brownback to be re-elected because he's a godly man.

That really should have been enough.

The types on this board that celebrate Republican victories tells you all you need to know about the Republican party right now.

Sad day, with the added negative of a special kind of stupid all over my facebook news feed today.

Yeah, no one is doing that.

How about we at least give the new office holders a "chance" before the familiar whining reflexively commences ??

We do have the obvious blessing of having the ballot rather than the bullet for settling elections; and why not wait and see what happens?

How about we at least give the new office holders a "chance" before the familiar whining reflexively commences ??

We do have the obvious blessing of having the ballot rather than the bullet for settling elections; and why not wait and see what happens?

This is a nice thought, but it isn't reality. I can remember back in the 1980s, when I first started paying attention to politics, people saying they were going to move to Canada if Candidate X got elected. I think I've heard that sentiment about every party nominee for president every election since 1988. And that's before the elections, before we have results and know who we're dealing with in office.