The types on this board that celebrate Republican victories tells you all you need to know about the Republican party right now.

Sad day, with the added negative of a special kind of stupid all over my facebook news feed today.

Yeah, no one is doing that.

LeTO58w.pngavxpt4g.pngXW7I38M.png1bWt2dH.png

• Fire 3

How about we at least give the new office holders a "chance" before the familiar whining reflexively commences ??

We do have the obvious blessing of having the ballot rather than the bullet for settling elections; and why not wait and see what happens?

This is a nice thought, but it isn't reality. I can remember back in the 1980s, when I first started paying attention to politics, people saying they were going to move to Canada if Candidate X got elected. I think I've heard that sentiment about every party nominee for president every election since 1988. And that's before the elections, before we have results and know who we're dealing with in office.

I guess I'm more of an optimist than that.

While most all candidates of all parties say/run on roughly the same things........i.e. taxes, security, etc.......the fact remains that the only true difference is in the candidates themselves.

And while most of the electorate IS soured on politics as a whole, there are some candidates who actually do care about service over ego.

I'm just suggesting we give those we've entrusted with our votes the opportunity to prove themselves. Occasionally, we might be surprised!

Since the system "is what it is".............why not? The alternative is collective pessimism and a dangerous fog of disenchantment.

The types on this board that celebrate Republican victories tells you all you need to know about the Republican party right now.

Sad day, with the added negative of a special kind of stupid all over my facebook news feed today.

Man it's really screwed up how they ambiguously celebrated the party of their choice, they should totes agree with you.

• Fire 1

Man it's really screwed up how they ambiguously celebrated the party of their choice, they should totes agree with you.

I'm confused are they celebrating or not because you said ...

That might be the smallest celebration to get upset about, perhaps ever.

• Fire 4

Who's upset?

• Fire 2

Who's upset?

The bro tank wearing guy going on a football message board complaining about "those people" and their "celebrating" and "what it all means" is my assumption.

Here's how you know the political landscape in this country is seriously messed up.

Take the case of Congressman Michael Grimm (R-NY). In April of this year, Grimm was captured on camera, with full sound, threatening a reporter.

That same month, he was indicted in district court on 20 counts, including mail, wire, and healthcare fraud, filing false tax returns, perjury, and employing undocumented immigrants.

Grimm was up for reelection this term.

He won. Quite handily, actually.

How is that possible? A couple of reasons. First, the electorate is a ass, with no more common sense than a fruit fly, who will turn a blind eye to literally anything a person does wrong if they want to elect that person. If you don't remember Mayor Marion Barry, go read about his political life. This happens all over. These are just two examples.

Second, Grimm's challenger, who should have had one of the easiest campaigns in history, was an utter flop. The best the Democrats could offer was a wet blanket of a man whose campaign seemed to revolve solely on the concept of "I'm not Michael Grimm." Wellllllll..... whooptie for you, whatever-your-name-is, because that didn't seem to work too well. Remember, Grimm is a Republican and New York is a Blue State (the same state that rewarded Hillary Clinton's carpet-bagging campaign with a Senate seat, remember). So all the Democrats had to do was offer the public something kinda even remotely better than Grimm, and they get in. But... well, the Democrats don't have a whole lot to offer right now. It's a pretty uninspiring party, top to bottom.

So we have an ignorant electorate (on the whole) and an entire political party that can't get out of their own way. We have one party famous for being the do-nothing Congress (looking at you, Nancy Pelosi) and another party that does stuff... but it's a bastardized cross between Big Business ethics and al Qaeda conservatism. What they do, we'd rather they don't.

Who, as a responsible voter, do you choose?

Would you rather have syphilis or gonorrhea?

Ha ha! Just to be clear, I'm actually a registered Democrat right now. "The Democratic Party is in a shambles" is a statement of fact (as I perceive it) not a celebration. But just to be even more clear, I am not a loyal Democrat. I hop back and forth between parties depending upon which primary I want to vote in. And yesterday I voted for as many Republicans as Democrats. I also voted for a couple of Libertarians in the local elections. lulz :lol:

Here's how you know the political landscape in this country is seriously messed up.

Take the case of Congressman Michael Grimm (R-NY). In April of this year, Grimm was captured on camera, with full sound, threatening a reporter.

That same month, he was indicted in district court on 20 counts, including mail, wire, and healthcare fraud, filing false tax returns, perjury, and employing undocumented immigrants.

How is that possible? A couple of reasons. First, the electorate is a ass, with no more common sense than a fruit fly, who will turn a blind eye to literally anything a person does wrong if they want to elect that person. If you don't remember Mayor Marion Barry, go read about his political life. This happens all over. These are just two examples.

Second, Grimm's challenger, who should have had one of the easiest campaigns in history, was an utter flop. The best the Democrats could offer was a wet blanket of a man whose campaign seemed to revolve solely on the concept of "I'm not Michael Grimm." Wellllllll..... whooptie for you, whatever-your-name-is, because that didn't seem to work too well. Remember, Grimm is a Republican and New York is a Blue State (the same state that rewarded Hillary Clinton's carpet-bagging campaign with a Senate seat, remember). So all the Democrats had to do was offer the public something kinda even remotely better than Grimm, and they get in. But... well, the Democrats don't have a whole lot to offer right now. It's a pretty uninspiring party, top to bottom.

So we have an ignorant electorate (on the whole) and an entire political party that can't get out of their own way. We have one party famous for being the do-nothing Congress (looking at you, Nancy Pelosi) and another party that does stuff... but it's a bastardized cross between Big Business ethics and al Qaeda conservatism. What they do, we'd rather they don't.

Probably not the best idea to cast such a wide aspersion by using one gerrymandered congressional district.

Probably not the best idea to cast such a wide aspersion by using one gerrymandered congressional district.

Go watch the episode of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver about local elections and you will see that the size of the net is quite appropriate.