Playoff Picture - After Week 10, No Clearer Than Week 1

FSU could lose to Miami in a few weeks, FSU does not look that good, I'm expecting a loss for them at any moment. November's going to be a very interesting month with a TON of key match ups to try and clear things up. This has been a crazy college football season already where anyone can beat anyone any given week.

I think this will start to be the trend as time moves forward. Part of it has to do with the scholly limit of 85, but I really think it's the pressure put on kids to develop talent at a younger age in order to compete well even at the lower levels. High School, and even dropping into the jr high ranks.

I will add since I don't want to make people feel like idiots and the internet does a terrible job displaying accurate emotions...coachT has put together a nice summary and it is appreciated. I dislike the playoff and the notion that it will be fair. So my hostility wasn't directed at CoachT or his post....just the title.

• Fire 1

FSU could lose to Miami in a few weeks, FSU does not look that good, I'm expecting a loss for them at any moment. November's going to be a very interesting month with a TON of key match ups to try and clear things up. This has been a crazy college football season already where anyone can beat anyone any given week.

I think this will start to be the trend as time moves forward. Part of it has to do with the scholly limit of 85, but I really think it's the pressure put on kids to develop talent at a younger age in order to compete well even at the lower levels. High School, and even dropping into the jr high ranks.

Parity is definitely here and obviously it was meant to be that way with the restrictions. Look at Pierson-El as an example of a young kid making a splash as a freshman. Yes, he may be an anomaly, but regardless he's doing very well.

I will add since I don't want to make people feel like idiots and the internet does a terrible job displaying accurate emotions...coachT has put together a nice summary and it is appreciated. I dislike the playoff and the notion that it will be fair. So my hostility wasn't directed at CoachT or his post....just the title.

I should have read your disclaimer. :P

I should have read your disclaimer. :P

Well my post was pretty snarky...just been going at it with a few posters this weekend and a little riled up...

I don't think the lack of a CCG hurts the big 12 at all. They actually play everybody in their conference, whereas Nebraska could potenitally win the Big Ten without even playing a top 3 team in the conference: OSU. The lack of a CCG actually factoring into the decisions baffles me.

I think you are missing something. First objectively with a CCG you play 13 games and most likely 12 FBS opponents. Having 1 loss against more quality teams should count for something. If it didn't then no conference would have a title game because it could only penalize them by losing.

Subjectively it means more. The week before the game everyone will be comparing, say Baylor and Nebraska. After the game no matter what you opinion prior to the game of Nebraska wins they improve comparatively.

Specifically if NU wins the B1G without playing tOSU they will have played MSU twice. I think two games against a top 10 opponent make up for not playing everyone. I don't see anyone crying that Bama or MSU could win the SEC without playing Georgia or Missouri.

- Arizona State 7-1 (ND, Zona, PAC CCG vs Oregon)

Tier 3 Win Out and Need Some Help.

- Notre Dame 7-1 (ASU, USC) Needs FSU stay unbeaten, beat ASU and have them win Pac12, gives the golden domers a strong

My only issue with what you wrote is ND and ASU. NDs only loss of they win out is FSU. They will have a lot of quality wins including ASU. Plus their national exposure. They are in just as much as a 1 loss PAC12 champ. These teams should be in the same categories.

A question I have is where will TO throw his vote if MSU isn't an option? Since he would be prevented from voting for NU, would he throw his hat in the ring with a 2nd SEC team? Would he vote for a Big 12 team (TCU, Baylor, K St if one is viable) given the disdain he has for that crew? My guess is maybe Oregon (Scott Frost tie) if they win out or more likely ND if they win out.

A question I have is where will TO throw his vote if MSU isn't an option? Since he would be prevented from voting for NU, would he throw his hat in the ring with a 2nd SEC team? Would he vote for a Big 12 team (TCU, Baylor, K St if one is viable) given the disdain he has for that crew? My guess is maybe Oregon (Scott Frost tie) if they win out or more likely ND if they win out.

Osborne isn't Drew Sharp, he's not going to use his vote to carry out grudges or hand out favors.

• Fire 2

I don't think the lack of a CCG hurts the big 12 at all. They actually play everybody in their conference, whereas Nebraska could potenitally win the Big Ten without even playing a top 3 team in the conference: OSU. The lack of a CCG actually factoring into the decisions baffles me.

I think you are missing something. First objectively with a CCG you play 13 games and most likely 12 FBS opponents. Having 1 loss against more quality teams should count for something. If it didn't then no conference would have a title game because it could only penalize them by losing.

Subjectively it means more. The week before the game everyone will be comparing, say Baylor and Nebraska. After the game no matter what you opinion prior to the game of Nebraska wins they improve comparatively.

Specifically if NU wins the B1G without playing tOSU they will have played MSU twice. I think two games against a top 10 opponent make up for not playing everyone. I don't see anyone crying that Bama or MSU could win the SEC without playing Georgia or Missouri.

I agree with "unlfan". I think it needs to be measured by "power 5" games you played rather than FBS. I'm going to compare Kansas St and Nebraska. Nebraska plays 8 conference games, and added McNeese, Fresno, FAU, and Miami. 9 "Power 5" schools and if they get to the CCG, make it 10.

KState plays 9 conference games, and added Auburn as a "power 5" opponent. Equals 10, without the CCG. So I think that maybe the Big10, to help it's image should go play multiple "power 5's" and put the pressure on those schools to accept those games.

The only conference that has an argument vs the Big12 is the PAC12. They play 9 conference games, add another "power 5" and possible CCG = 11.

- Arizona State 7-1 (ND, Zona, PAC CCG vs Oregon)

Tier 3 Win Out and Need Some Help.

- Notre Dame 7-1 (ASU, USC) Needs FSU stay unbeaten, beat ASU and have them win Pac12, gives the golden domers a strong

My only issue with what you wrote is ND and ASU. NDs only loss of they win out is FSU. They will have a lot of quality wins including ASU. Plus their national exposure. They are in just as much as a 1 loss PAC12 champ. These teams should be in the same categories.

Well first of all. They play the game this week so it really didn't matter.

I just felt that if Notre Dame wins out, they might still need help from others losing. Like an Oregon loss, or Baylor/KState both dropping a game.

However if ASU wins out, it means they beat ND, Arizona, and Oregon in the conference title game. They would knock out 2 in the process, and be a 1 loss Pac12 champion.

ASU wins out, they are in. I don't see a scenario where they would get left out.

My bad on ND ASU. I get a little mixed up sometimes trying to follow games that have and will happen.

But you aren't ever going to convince me that KSU playing any of Texas Tech, @Iowa State, and Kansas is materially better than @Fresno State. All 4 teams have only 2 wins each against FBS teams. Many will argue that he B1G is bad but the bottom of ALL power 5 conferences is no different than top at large teams.

I understand that. But KSU would have wins over OU, TCU, AND Baylor. While Neb would have wins over MSU (split) and Wiscy.

KSU loss to auburn which everyone in the media keeps reminding us that it was KSU beating themselves, that should have won

The bottom of the big12 is definitely bad though. But can we justify that vs the bottom of any conference? No, but, I can see some of the arguements definitely built against the Big12

Former Nebraska player Barry Alvarez is also on the committee. Is there any other team with two potential homers on the Selection Committee?

And if they have the integrity we think they do, wouldn't they vote for the best teams and best games rather than adhere to party loyalty or personal histories?