Playoff Picture - After Week 10, No Clearer Than Week 1

There is SO much football left to be played yet. Big games everywhere. This is setting up to be quite the finale. No team is out of the woods yet, except for FSU (seemingly). Nebraska needs some help, but some teams ahead of them will lose. Nebraska is clearly in the mix despite the attitudes of some fans, and national media, after yesterday that includes myself. I was pretty bummed out with the offense yesterday. Anyway, here is how I have the playoff picture kind of broken down.

I think a tad differently than how the process will actually work, but if you have 2 losses, you should virtually be eliminated barring a lot of help. So here is my breakdown. Take it for what it is worth.

Team Breakdown and Possible/Potential Road Blocks AFTER WEEK 11 (WEEK 11's Game Result)

Tier 1 – Control Your Own Destiny

- Mississippi State 9-0 - Defeated UT Martin 45-16

- Florida State 9-0 - Defeated Virginia 34-20

Tier 2 – Win Out and likely In

- Oregon 9-1 - Defeated Utah 51-27

- Alabama 8-1 - Defeated LSU 20-13 in OT

- Baylor 8-1 - Defeated Oklahoma 48-14

- Arizona State 8-1 - Defeated Notre Dame 55-31

Tier 3 – Win Out and Need Some Help.

- TCU 8-1 – Defeated Kansas St 41-20 - (Baylor holds tie break)

- Ohio State 8-1 - Defeated Michigan St 49-37

- Nebraska 8-1 - Off Week

- Duke 8-1 – Defeated Syracuse 27-10

Tier 4 –MUST Win Out, and Need LOTS Of Help.

- Georgia 7-2 - Defeated Kentucky 63-31

- Ole Miss 8-2 - Defeated Presbyterian 48-0

- UCLA 8-2 - Defeated Washington 44-30

- Arizona 7-2 - Defeated Colorado 38-20

- Wisconsin 7-2 - Defeated Purdue 34-16

- Marshall 9-0 - Defeated Southern Miss 63-17

- Auburn 7-2 - Lost to aTm 41-38

- Michigan State 7-2 - Lost to Ohio State 49-37

- Kansas State 7-2 - Lost to TCU 41-20

- Notre Dame 7-2 - Lost to Arizona State 55-31

Tier 5 – Virtually Eliminated or Miracle Needed

- Clemson 7-2 - Defeated Wake Forest 34-20 (Thursday)

- Georgia Tech 8-2 - Defeated NC State 56-23

- Minnesota 7-2 - Defeated Iowa 51-14

- Missouri 7-2 - Off Week

Eliminated after Week 11

- Iowa

- Oklahoma

- Utah

- LSU

- USC

• Fire 4

I see all of these matchups upcoming and all the teams in front of NU. However, I still believe a 1 loss B1G Champion Nebraska is in the playoff.

What if Baylor, Oregon, Miss St, and FSU win out...you still think if Nebraska wins out they are in? I don't think that's feasible given the SOS. I could be wrong though. I'm not the committee. I wish I was though!! :D

Did anyone expect the playoff picture to be clear at any point in the season? Most years the 4 teams in the playoff will be debatable anyway so the picture will rarely ever be clear.

That wasn't the point of my post, but thank you for trying to make me feel like an idiot. That's your right though. You know a whole heck of a lot more than I, next time I will ask myself if you think it's obvious or not. Clearly I made no contribution to this board by posting the playoff picture.

This board has gotten stale...it's mostly because of the "duh" attitude of a very select few.

I think we win out and beat a ranked Wisky and MSU we are in the playoffs. Would be hard to keep a 1 loss power 5 conference out of the playoffs. Just my .02

I agree with you! There is a possibility that multiple 1 loss power 5 programs that could get left out. I really hope thought that conference champs get a little extra from the committee rather than the possibility of Auburn having 1 loss and not even making their CCG.

I see all of these matchups upcoming and all the teams in front of NU. However, I still believe a 1 loss B1G Champion Nebraska is in the playoff.

What if Baylor, Oregon, Miss St, and FSU win out...you still think if Nebraska wins out they are in? I don't think that's feasible given the SOS. I could be wrong though. I'm not the committee. I wish I was though!! :D

I don't know if Nebraska is in, but my line of thought is I don't believe all those are going to win out.

I don't know if Nebraska is in, but my line of thought is I don't believe all those are going to win out.

I'd agree that most likely there will not be more than 4 one loss conference champions. But let's say this scenario happens I think Baylor gets left out and Nebraska is in. Tougher conference, and the extra CCG. Unless a Big 12 team is undefeated I don't see them getting in most years without a CCG.

Did anyone expect the playoff picture to be clear at any point in the season? Most years the 4 teams in the playoff will be debatable anyway so the picture will rarely ever be clear.

That wasn't the point of my post, but thank you for trying to make me feel like an idiot. That's your right though. You know a whole heck of a lot more than I, next time I will ask myself if you think it's obvious or not. Clearly I made no contribution to this board by posting the playoff picture.

This board has gotten stale...it's mostly because of the "duh" attitude of a very select few.

How was I trying to make you appear to be an idiot? I made a statement about the playoff picture always being murky. It's more in response to constantly hearing everyone moan over how we need a playoff to be "fair" and avoid so much controversy when it fact it will create more. But keep thinking it's all about you...

FSU could lose to Miami in a few weeks, FSU does not look that good, I'm expecting a loss for them at any moment. November's going to be a very interesting month with a TON of key match ups to try and clear things up. This has been a crazy college football season already where anyone can beat anyone any given week.

• Fire 1

And see that's the thing. There has been a lot of talk about Nebraska trying to get in the playoff through the backdoor but I firmly believe we win out and we will be an obvious pick. Teams are going to beat each other up. We've got a pretty nice road in front of us. If...big if...the team can shore up the offense, we have the horses to win out.