What is our second most impressive win?

Dirk Chatelain

@dirkchatelain

@ronhusk15 Ron, they play OU, Texas, Baylor, Okie St, Kansas St and TCU EVERY year. That's better than even Nebraska's best year

That is a pathetic schedule three years ago or three years from now.

"EVERY year." lols

Three years ago, OU finished #15, Texas finished UR, Baylor finished #12, Oklahoma State finished #3, Kansas State finished #16 and TCU finished #13. Do you just throw something at a wall and hope it sticks?

I pulled a random number of years out of the air. I didn't do 1/100th the research you just did on what actually happened three years ago.

I will concede that my journalistic integrity took a hit on that randomly-chosen number. Because random guys on a message board should have such integrity, whilst actual factual journalists... not so much.

I pulled a random number of years out of the air. I didn't do 1/100th the research you just did on what actually happened three years ago.

I will concede that my journalistic integrity took a hit on that randomly-chosen number. Because random guys on a message board should have such integrity, whilst actual factual journalists... not so much.

I already knew you were throwing something at a wall in hopes it sticks, rhetoric question remains rhetoric. FTR, the "research" took less than 10 seconds, try it next time.

When random guy on a message board is trying to make a point, "actual factual" information should be a priority.

Since NU joined the B1G, there shouldn't be a doubt for anyone that the B12 has been a better conference. Will that continue? Nobody knows but four years later, the B12 looks pretty good while the B1G is taking hits all over the country.

• Fire 2

Quite frankly the Big 12 is just as much crap right now as it was when we left it. TCU and West Virgina came from the Mountain West and shambled Big East. They are now both right at the top of the league while OU sits behind them, Texas nudges elbows with ISU and Kansas for rights at the bottom, and Okie Lite is doing god knows what. Baylor......BAYLOR is a conference front runner year in and out now. The Big 12 should be the laughing stock, not the Big Ten. Hopefully that sorts itself out next year.

I mean, every single team you mentioned has been in a BCS bowl more recently than Nebraska.

All those teams got better when Nebraska Missouri Colorado and A&M left and were replaced with a MtnWst team and a dying Big East team. Now magically the Big 12 is better off with less quality AND quantity. Nevermind its two star teams are middle of the pack or worse in conference standings.

I'll take it as a compliment that we had to leave to make all those other teams better.

This cannot possibly be a serious statement.

• Fire 5
Dirk Chatelain@dirkchatelain@ronhusk15 Ron, they play OU, Texas, Baylor, Okie St, Kansas St and TCU EVERY year. That's better than even Nebraska's best year
That is a pathetic schedule three years ago or three years from now. "EVERY year." lols
Wasn't three years ago RG3's Heisman campaign?And Okie St's BCS run?And Klien was at K state?And I would contend whether ou and Texas were up or down, it mattered a LOT in Lincoln.Three years from now, who knows?As for the journalistic integrity of a Dirk Chatelain, what everyone gets into an incredible twist over are opinion pieces, which he may or may not glean from message boards. Even if he did, it's hardly a thing to get mad over, it's not like we're copyrighting our work here and it's editorial. When he actually does in depth reporting (like his turnover article a while back) it's usually quite good.
And three years from now? TCU will, again, be TCU. Snyder will have retired from Kansas State. Oklahoma State will be who they've always been. And Baylor will once again have trouble filling their 30,000 seat stadium. But right now, there are those for whom Dirk is the unquestionable. And as he plays his pan pipes, so they dance. It'll likely be that way three years from now, too.
no one was predicting what would happen to us in 2002 in 1999, is the thing, and to make blanket statements like that exudes the arrogance that got Nebraska into this mess.And I don't see how Dirk's popularity plays into that factor.
Not wanting to see how Dirk, et al, fishes for clicks doesn't make it any less true.But please pray do tell how Nebraska was "arrogant" in getting into this mess. I'm curious to see how badly we're willing to rewrite history to make Nebraska somehow in the wrong.

I think the arrogance claim (at least I meant it to) was there was, and probably still is,this thought that Nebraska is going to win games because we are. Nebraska mi know for a fact I've seen that attitude in this team very recently and have for 15 years. After 1997, Nebraska got lazy. Whether that was from a change at the top,more whatever, it happened.

And I think I'm at the point where I need you to explain to me the "fish for clicks" thing that has the bee in your bonnet. Part of his job is to be widely read, and you seem convinced there's some nefarious act he's pulling.

• Fire 3

It's got to be Northwestern, right?

Those guys are having a down year, but they're well coached and have the ability to give anybody a game. They've done it to us in years past, they've done it to other teams this year. Probably the most encouraging display from the offense in conference play.

Other than they just got obliterated by Iowa.

Dirk Chatelain@dirkchatelain@ronhusk15 Ron, they play OU, Texas, Baylor, Okie St, Kansas St and TCU EVERY year. That's better than even Nebraska's best year
That is a pathetic schedule three years ago or three years from now. "EVERY year." lols
Wasn't three years ago RG3's Heisman campaign?And Okie St's BCS run?And Klien was at K state?And I would contend whether ou and Texas were up or down, it mattered a LOT in Lincoln.Three years from now, who knows?As for the journalistic integrity of a Dirk Chatelain, what everyone gets into an incredible twist over are opinion pieces, which he may or may not glean from message boards. Even if he did, it's hardly a thing to get mad over, it's not like we're copyrighting our work here and it's editorial. When he actually does in depth reporting (like his turnover article a while back) it's usually quite good.
And three years from now? TCU will, again, be TCU. Snyder will have retired from Kansas State. Oklahoma State will be who they've always been. And Baylor will once again have trouble filling their 30,000 seat stadium. But right now, there are those for whom Dirk is the unquestionable. And as he plays his pan pipes, so they dance. It'll likely be that way three years from now, too.
no one was predicting what would happen to us in 2002 in 1999, is the thing, and to make blanket statements like that exudes the arrogance that got Nebraska into this mess.And I don't see how Dirk's popularity plays into that factor.
Not wanting to see how Dirk, et al, fishes for clicks doesn't make it any less true.But please pray do tell how Nebraska was "arrogant" in getting into this mess. I'm curious to see how badly we're willing to rewrite history to make Nebraska somehow in the wrong.

I think the arrogance claim (at least I meant it to) was there was, and probably still is,this thought that Nebraska is going to win games because we are. Nebraska mi know for a fact I've seen that attitude in this team very recently and have for 15 years. After 1997, Nebraska got lazy. Whether that was from a change at the top,more whatever, it happened.

And I think I'm at the point where I need you to explain to me the "fish for clicks" thing that has the bee in your bonnet. Part of his job is to be widely read, and you seem convinced there's some nefarious act he's pulling.

I have no idea what this vague arrogance concept has to do with anything related to this conversation. Seems like something just thrown against the wall hoping it sticks, and as we've just seen, that's the worst thing you can possibly do on the internet.

Im still dumbfounded how anyone can tie this whole move to the Big 10 solely to football, and use revisionist history to complain now that it was the wrong move, simply because poor ole Husker fan doesnt have any big games to see this year.

Unless of course I'm taking it the wrong way.

No matter how it gets spinned, it wasnt the wrong move. Yeah the schedule was lame but that will sort itself out hopefully. I mean we got screwed on home games this year but that was because of the extra two teams joining up. Poor ole Husker fan will get to see better games in Li coln soon enough.

I mean, I think that's kind of the point from a football perspective. The Big 10 we joined didn't have Rutgers and Maryland. We had yearly games against Penn State, Michigan State, and Michigan (no matter how down they are, that's still a big name), as well as frequent OSU games. Now we go 5 years between playing Michigan. Next year there's a game against MSU and that's it. 2016 is OSU and that's it. Everyone knows there was more to the move than football, from Nebraska's perspective. And it was still the right move. That doesn't mean that we don't have some buyer's remorse from a football standpoint, especially after the addition of Maryland and Rutgers. If we're going to be playing a crap ass conference schedule, at least we could be playing teams we have 90 years of history with.

I mean, I think that's kind of the point from a football perspective. The Big 10 we joined didn't have Rutgers and Maryland. We had yearly games against Penn State, Michigan State, and Michigan (no matter how down they are, that's still a big name), as well as frequent OSU games. Now we go 5 years between playing Michigan. Next year there's a game against MSU and that's it. 2016 is OSU and that's it. Everyone knows there was more to the move than football, from Nebraska's perspective. And it was still the right move. That doesn't mean that we don't have some buyer's remorse from a football standpoint, especially after the addition of Maryland and Rutgers. If we're going to be playing a crap ass conference schedule, at least we could be playing teams we have 90 years of history with.

I agree with just about all of this, except the last line. Those teams we had 90 years of history with didn't want to play us anymore. The loyalty this sentiment displays is admirable, but Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State wanted nothing more to do with Nebraska.

We left a conference that didn't want us to join a conference that did. Long-term the move is a no-brainer win for Nebraska. Short-term, the schedule is meh and many of the games aren't compelling.

(Sigh)

I said it because you were very dismissive of several teams, like TCU and Baylor, "in three years they'll be back to irrelevant", which is very arrogant and unknowable. When in actuality it probably needs to noticed that they're up because they hired Patterson and Briles, respectively, and Nebraska hired Callahan and to a degree, Pelini. That's why. They made smarter, better choices than us.

And no one is pining for the XII because of the KU/KSU games. The OU and Texas games, however........

Either way yes, long term, Nebraska is better off in the Big Ten. Which you think, and what Dirk thinks. And this is click bait how again?

• Fire 2

I agree with just about all of this, except the last line. Those teams we had 90 years of history with didn't want to play us anymore. The loyalty this sentiment displays is admirable, but Kansas, Kansas State and Iowa State wanted nothing more to do with Nebraska.

We left a conference that didn't want us to join a conference that did. Long-term the move is a no-brainer win for Nebraska. Short-term, the schedule is meh and many of the games aren't compelling.

Jim Delaney wanted us. The rest of the conference? That's debatable. Michigan and Wisconsin actively lobbied against us.

I have seen the pining for Kansas and Kansas State and Iowa State and Missouri and Colorado right here in this forum. Two of those schools left the Big XII for the same reasons as Nebraska, and both are better of for it, as is Nebraska. The remaining three actively stabbed Nebraska in the back to create the Big XII.

The schedule is setup to where we could have 4-5 impressive wins. We've only had the chance for 2 and we've gotten 1. 2 weeks from now the story may be different

We've been favorite to win every game except at MSU which we lost. Miami was a nice win, and so was at Northwestern. But IMO I do not see any impressive wins.

I think we have a few nice/feel good wins. I would say winning at Wisconsin would be the best win so far, but ultimately, not quite impressive since the Badgers have lost 2 games already with noted QB issues. I do think it's important to win some good matchups for consideration and that would be three decent wins, just not exactly impressive.

At this point I'm happy we are at least 8-1 and control our own destiny. Keep winning the remaining games and take our chances in the CCG. A B1G championship would be impressive to go along with some good/quality wins and that might just be enough to make it. If not, the worst case would be 12-1 ranked 5-7 and that would be something to be proud about nevertheless.

• Fire 1