What is our second most impressive win?

The Power 5 conferences do not need a 7th home game anymore for budget reasons. They say they do but Television revenue begs to differ. I say the 5 conferences should go to 8 conference games and then have a computer randomly generate 2 home games and 2 away games for non-conference games. So Nebraska one year could play Oregon, Oklahoma, Kentucky, and Wake Forest. The next year they might play Cal, Kansas, Alabama, and Florida St. I think this would be the truest way to know how good a team or conference really is.

Obviously it wont happen but I just like the idea.

• Fire 1

Quite frankly the Big 12 is just as much crap right now as it was when we left it. TCU and West Virgina came from the Mountain West and shambled Big East. They are now both right at the top of the league while OU sits behind them, Texas nudges elbows with ISU and Kansas for rights at the bottom, and Okie Lite is doing god knows what. Baylor......BAYLOR is a conference front runner year in and out now. The Big 12 should be the laughing stock, not the Big Ten. Hopefully that sorts itself out next year.

Did someone say trolling? Ahhh yes...trolling for walleye on Lake McConaughy...the good old days...but I digress, Redux nailed this one for the Debby Downers: we are much better off in the B1G. tOSU is going to be good for years, Michigan is going to make changes and right the ship, MSU is a top ten team (if they are not we are really that bad), Wisconsin is having a down year but looking pretty dominant lately doing it...oh not to mention the academic benefits of the B1G...it is no contest. Besides, I'll take an off year occasionally in the B1G before bowing to UT/ESPN ever again. GG THX

• Fire 2

Ok Polo. I guess your pompous attitude is free to translate my words into whatever makes your crusade feel worthy.

Kansas State and Baylor have been quite successful in the three years since 4 teams they played on a yearly/bi yearly base defected. Now they miss out on playing a conference title game and AND get to play Texas at its lowest point in YEARS.

But yes Im sure its somehow Just a coincidence that they are better now that the league is easier to win.

• Fire 2

Ok Polo. I guess your pompous attitude is free to translate my words into whatever makes your crusade feel worthy.

Kansas State and Baylor have been quite successful in the three years since 4 teams they played on a yearly/bi yearly base defected. Now they miss out on playing a conference title game and AND get to play Texas at its lowest point in YEARS.

But yes Im sure its somehow Just a coincidence that they are better now that the league is easier to win.

While I agree that the move to the big ten was a long term better move, there's no way it's harder to win than the XII this year.

FUN GAME:

-try to have a conversation with me without using the words "agenda"'or "crusade". They don't apply to this discussion, whatsoever.

Quite frankly the Big 12 is just as much crap right now as it was when we left it. TCU and West Virgina came from the Mountain West and shambled Big East. They are now both right at the top of the league while OU sits behind them, Texas nudges elbows with ISU and Kansas for rights at the bottom, and Okie Lite is doing god knows what. Baylor......BAYLOR is a conference front runner year in and out now. The Big 12 should be the laughing stock, not the Big Ten. Hopefully that sorts itself out next year.

Did someone say trolling? Ahhh yes...trolling for walleye on Lake McConaughy...the good old days...but I digress, Redux nailed this one for the Debby Downers: we are much better off in the B1G. tOSU is going to be good for years, Michigan is going to make changes and right the ship, MSU is a top ten team (if they are not we are really that bad), Wisconsin is having a down year but looking pretty dominant lately doing it...oh not to mention the academic benefits of the B1G...it is no contest. Besides, I'll take an off year occasionally in the B1G before bowing to UT/ESPN ever again. GG THX

That Dirk guy landed a major blow. You were supposed to square the rivalry of UM-OSU-PSU and it looked like you would in 2011. Then they quarantined you in the west. The SEC arrangement shows how teams don't form real rivalries with 8 years in between stadium visits.

What is Michigan State's second most impressive win? Wyoming? Purdue? Jacksonville State? Eastern Michigan?

Heck with 2nd, what would be their #1 MOST impressive win?

I can't believe anyone considers their game against Nebraska particularly impressive since we delivered that W to them on a silver platter.

I would have to say their hanging in with Oregon for part of a game is probably the most impressive thing they've done this year. And that is sad, really sad, maybe more sad than our lack of a 2nd most impressive win.

ksu and baylor have great coaches, both programs were on the upswing while we were in the conference. i think the conference would look better with us in there, but i think those teams would be doing just as well.

Lets see:

Big 12 team has to beat 9 conference foes to win the title via best conference record.

Big Ten Team has to beat 8 conference foes, 9 starting soon, and have the best divisional record to win its division and face the other divisional winner in a head to head matchup to determine the champion.

Yeah, I guess thats essentially the same thing??

ksu and baylor have great coaches, both programs were on the upswing while we were in the conference. i think the conference would look better with us in there, but i think those teams would be doing just as well.

God awful Bo Pelini record against K State: 3-0, against Baylor 2-0.

Perhaps they were on an upswing. Doesnt make it any easier to win with all 4 teams still around. Kstate would still be playing Nebraska, Mizzou and Colorado for division rights, Baylor playing Texas A&M

• Fire 1

Perhaps they were on an upswing. Doesnt make it any easier to win with all 4 teams still around. Kstate would still be playing Nebraska, Mizzou and Colorado for division rights, Baylor playing Texas A&M

no one is saying they would be winning the conference every year (because, you know, that would be impossible). but they would still be good teams.

1995 Redux--- Go out to Florida.. find a beach.. stand near the ocean and yell as loud as you can....

That is basically what you are doing with NUPolo... No matter what you say, he will turn it... you will never break through to actually get him to listen.

NuPolo is a troll with a decent ability to write that traps people in to a very lengthy argument that goes nowhere.

This isnt an insult at you.. just might want to move on from trying to talk or argue with him.

• Fire 3

Looking at Bo's record against KSU and Baylor as a precursor of what might have happened in 2011 and 2012 with Heisman rg3 and Colin Klien is hysterical. Maybe even more hysterical than "Bo has msu's number" going into 2013 and this year with Sparty.

And I haven't seen a five loss team with XII since NU left, but I've seen one win the big ten.

• Fire 1

no one is saying they would be winning the conference every year (because, you know, that would be impossible). but they would still be good teams.

They may very well have been good or just as good. But Ill stand by this. I dont think either one would have won either division the last three years had we all not left.

At The time we considered them no better than beating a Rutgers or Illinois. Now that we cant play and demolish them on the field they are suddenly lucrative matchups we would want to watch? Our schedule ended up being pretty light in the middle this year but we cant change that. Last three games can make it all better hopefully.

They may very well have been good or just as good. But Ill stand by this. I dont think either one would have won either division the last three years had we all not left.

At The time we considered them no better than beating a Rutgers or Illinois. Now that we cant play and demolish them on the field they are suddenly lucrative matchups we would want to watch? Our schedule ended up being pretty light in the middle this year but we cant change that. Last three games can make it all better hopefully.

things change. when we played them, they were not that great. since then, they have had great seasons. and we respected ksu. t-mart's coming out party was a thursday night game at ksu and we were quite thrilled to have handled them the way we did. that was a big game.

and, what, you would rather play illinois or rutgers over baylor or ksu right now? it is not that we can't play them now, it is that they are now better than they were. that happens.

things change. when we played them, they were not that great. since then, they have had great seasons. and we respected ksu. t-mart's coming out party was a thursday night game and we were quite thrilled to have handled them the way we did. that was a big game.

and, what, you would rather play illinois or rutgers over baylor or ksu right now? it is not that we can't play them now, it is that they are now better than they were. that happens.

They werent great when we played them back then. But the last three years we havent played them, they are better right? Like top ten better?

But the drop off in quality of opponents had nothing to do with that increase in success?