What is our second most impressive win?

Ok Polo. I guess your pompous attitude is free to translate my words into whatever makes your crusade feel worthy.

Kansas State and Baylor have been quite successful in the three years since 4 teams they played on a yearly/bi yearly base defected. Now they miss out on playing a conference title game and AND get to play Texas at its lowest point in YEARS.

But yes Im sure its somehow Just a coincidence that they are better now that the league is easier to win.

ksu and baylor have great coaches, both programs were on the upswing while we were in the conference. i think the conference would look better with us in there, but i think those teams would be doing just as well.

God awful Bo Pelini record against K State: 3-0, against Baylor 2-0.

Perhaps they were on an upswing. Doesnt make it any easier to win with all 4 teams still around. Kstate would still be playing Nebraska, Mizzou and Colorado for division rights, Baylor playing Texas A&M

no one is saying they would be winning the conference every year (because, you know, that would be impossible). but they would still be good teams.

They may very well have been good or just as good. But Ill stand by this. I dont think either one would have won either division the last three years had we all not left.

At The time we considered them no better than beating a Rutgers or Illinois. Now that we cant play and demolish them on the field they are suddenly lucrative matchups we would want to watch? Our schedule ended up being pretty light in the middle this year but we cant change that. Last three games can make it all better hopefully.

Yeah these Illinois and Rutgers games were way better than playing a Heisman QB and a Heisman finalist QB, let alone two BCS teams.

I mean seriously? At the very least we'd know where we stand as a team.

We cant exactly trade teams around to our liking because "hey they would actually be worth beating now that we cant play them" or "hey the have a guy who is gonna win awards, sure wish we could share a field with em so we could reap the recognition.

this is wrong. they are now worth beating because they are good, and they are good independent of us leaving the conf. and frankly, i do not like our chances in beating baylor or ksu. those are both really good teams right now.

We cant exactly trade teams around to our liking because "hey they would actually be worth beating now that we cant play them" or "hey the have a guy who is gonna win awards, sure wish we could share a field with em so we could reap the recognition.

this is wrong. they are now worth beating because they are good, and they are good independent of us leaving the conf. and frankly, i do not like our chances in beating baylor or ksu. those are both really good teams right now.

Grass is always greener indeed. I like our chances against both of them.

Grass is always greener indeed. I like our chances against both of them.

I'm sure we would have crushed those two teams who excelled at the one thing Bo's teams have always struggled with (dynamic mobile qb's. Maybe two of the very best) just because were Nebraska and they're KSU and Baylor.

C'mon man, that's deranged. Especially considering our teams in 2011 and 2012, let alone now.

I've thought for quite some time TO's parting gift to Bo as he retired from the AD position was getting us into the B1G where he knew we'd be more successful. I also feel this is why Urban Meyer's retirement was short lived. He saw the potential how he could come in and dominate in the B1G immediately. Eventually, the playoff will expand to eight teams. Unfortunately, it will also expand to where the power 5 get an automatic qualifier. If we want in, it seems the road will be significantly easier in the B1G.

1995 Redux--- Go out to Florida.. find a beach.. stand near the ocean and yell as loud as you can....

That is basically what you are doing with NUPolo... No matter what you say, he will turn it... you will never break through to actually get him to listen.

NuPolo is a troll with a decent ability to write that traps people in to a very lengthy argument that goes nowhere.

This isnt an insult at you.. just might want to move on from trying to talk or argue with him.

Where does name calling fall on the troll spectrum?

1995 Redux--- Go out to Florida.. find a beach.. stand near the ocean and yell as loud as you can....

That is basically what you are doing with NUPolo... No matter what you say, he will turn it... you will never break through to actually get him to listen.

NuPolo is a troll with a decent ability to write that traps people in to a very lengthy argument that goes nowhere.

This isnt an insult at you.. just might want to move on from trying to talk or argue with him.

Really? This seems childish.

Really? This seems childish.

I would agree.

The Big 12 is the same as it ever was. Its just that it has less name recognition with the 4 defections. And now the middle of the pack and cellar dwellers can win the league. How prestigious! Baylor winning the Big 12 is like Duke winning the ACC. Hey you guys are having a great little run and ya won a championship, good for you. Now go play with your trophy in the basement for the next 20 years while the adults figure out how to make sure they get back on top.

I don't know what the f@$! happened in this thread . . . but circling back around . . . it's pretty crazy that we have only 3 games left in the regular season and we really have no idea what sort of team we have. None. We could lose every one of the next three or we could win them all. Neither would be that surprising, would it? We have a single loss on the season and an objective viewer could watch every snap of our games and wonder if we should actually be ranked in the top 25. That's crazy.

Is that purely a product of our schedule? Or is it at least partially due to the maddeningly consistent inconsistency of Nebraska teams over the past years?

I'm pretty sure if we checked back to the pre-season threads, most were in agreement that we had four "tougher" games on the schedule and eight games we "should" win. We have played seven of the teams were were expected to beat and did. We have played two of the "tougher" games and gone 1-1. I really don't think it's that surprising that our second best win is hard to determine. Alabama is in pretty much the same boat and they play in supposedly the toughest division in toughest conference.

The Big 12 is the same as it ever was. Its just that it has less name recognition with the 4 defections. And now the middle of the pack and cellar dwellers can win the league. How prestigious! Baylor winning the Big 12 is like Duke winning the ACC. Hey you guys are having a great little run and ya won a championship, good for you. Now go play with your trophy in the basement for the next 20 years while the adults figure out how to make sure they get back on top.

No one could have foreseen the relative rise of KSU, Baylor, and Okie Lite. They were mostly unknowns outside of the region and I presume are now playing at their historical highs.

I don't know what the f@$! happened in this thread . . . but circling back around . . . it's pretty crazy that we have only 3 games left in the regular season and we really have no idea what sort of team we have. None. We could lose every one of the next three or we could win them all. Neither would be that surprising, would it? We have a single loss on the season and an objective viewer could watch every snap of our games and wonder if we should actually be ranked in the top 25. That's crazy.

Is that purely a product of our schedule? Or is it at least partially due to the maddeningly consistent inconsistency of Nebraska teams over the past years?

I'm pretty sure if we checked back to the pre-season threads, most were in agreement that we had four "tougher" games on the schedule and eight games we "should" win. We have played seven of the teams were were expected to beat and did. We have played two of the "tougher" games and gone 1-1. I really don't think it's that surprising that our second best win is hard to determine. Alabama is in pretty much the same boat and they play in supposedly the toughest division in toughest conference.

Exactly. And I'd add this to my list of complaints for whoever is making these Big Ten schedules. It's hard to imagine our schedule could have been much worse this year if they had tried. The only thing that makes much sense in it are the bye placements- but that was probably random.

No one could have foreseen the relative rise of KSU, Baylor, and Okie Lite. They were mostly unknowns outside of the region and I presume are now playing at their historical highs.

KSU will revert to their mean when Bill "the magician" Snyder retires. Baylor may do a little better in Texas, but without Briles they'll likely sink back down into the bog as well. Oklahoma State is playing at about the same level they have for the past 10-15 years. They're a decent program, but in the end, they've never done too much.