What is our second most impressive win?

I don't know what the f@$! happened in this thread . . . but circling back around . . . it's pretty crazy that we have only 3 games left in the regular season and we really have no idea what sort of team we have. None. We could lose every one of the next three or we could win them all. Neither would be that surprising, would it? We have a single loss on the season and an objective viewer could watch every snap of our games and wonder if we should actually be ranked in the top 25. That's crazy.

Is that purely a product of our schedule? Or is it at least partially due to the maddeningly consistent inconsistency of Nebraska teams over the past years?

I'm pretty sure if we checked back to the pre-season threads, most were in agreement that we had four "tougher" games on the schedule and eight games we "should" win. We have played seven of the teams were were expected to beat and did. We have played two of the "tougher" games and gone 1-1. I really don't think it's that surprising that our second best win is hard to determine. Alabama is in pretty much the same boat and they play in supposedly the toughest division in toughest conference.

I mean, I've seen Nebraska play, and I've seen Bama and the sec west play, and I feel pretty comfortable saying we aren't similar.

• Fire 4

When KSU and Baylor inevitably fall back into obscurity I sure hope our unfair and awful Big Ten schedule appeases our thirst for true competition.

We could always continue to sink to their level.......

I hope we do sink to Ohio State or Michigan States current level.....maybe we could even sink to their level this year.

When KSU and Baylor inevitably fall back into obscurity I sure hope our unfair and awful Big Ten schedule appeases our thirst for true competition.

I hope we do sink to Ohio State or Michigan States current level.....maybe we could even sink to their level this year.

That, of course, would not be sinking but hey.

• Fire 1

That, of course, would not be sinking but hey.

Then what seems to be the problem?

The almighty Sagarin Predictor (simplest best power ranking you can use) says our second best win is at #70 Northwestern. Here's how they rank in order:

30 Miami

70 Northwestern

78 Purdue

89 Rutgers

92 Illinois

100 Fresno State

109 McNeese State

138 Florida Atlantic

yikes...

18 Florida

19 Texas A&M

NO.

I don't know what the f@$! happened in this thread . . . but circling back around . . . it's pretty crazy that we have only 3 games left in the regular season and we really have no idea what sort of team we have. None. We could lose every one of the next three or we could win them all. Neither would be that surprising, would it? We have a single loss on the season and an objective viewer could watch every snap of our games and wonder if we should actually be ranked in the top 25. That's crazy.

Is that purely a product of our schedule? Or is it at least partially due to the maddeningly consistent inconsistency of Nebraska teams over the past years?

I'm pretty sure if we checked back to the pre-season threads, most were in agreement that we had four "tougher" games on the schedule and eight games we "should" win. We have played seven of the teams were were expected to beat and did. We have played two of the "tougher" games and gone 1-1. I really don't think it's that surprising that our second best win is hard to determine. Alabama is in pretty much the same boat and they play in supposedly the toughest division in toughest conference.

I mean, I've seen Nebraska play, and I've seen Bama and the sec west play, and I feel pretty comfortable saying we aren't similar.

I guess if you ignore the context of the point than your response would make sense.

• Fire 2

Inevitably? What gives you the expertise / right to say this? Seems like future smack at it's finest based on.....1992?? Hate to say this but in today's current world, TCU Baylor & Kansas State are ranked among the 12 best in college football. Two out of three of them are in the top 7.

But somehow they will fall just because you said so I guess. I don't agree with you on that bud.

Inevitably? What gives you the expertise / right to say this? Seems like future smack at it's finest based on.....1992?? Hate to say this but in today's current world, TCU Baylor & Kansas State are ranked among the 12 best in college football. Two out of three of them are in the top 7.

But somehow they will fall just because you said so I guess. I don't agree with you on that bud.

Kansas State is enjoying a nice run largely in part to Bill Snyder. I dont see them churning out the wins when he retires again. Step back is inevitable.

Baylor and TCU also enjoying nice runs. Largely due to their coaches who will be targets for better programs. Even if they both stay put, how long can we really expect this funk Texas is in to last? Once they get roling again, both TCU and Baylor will be impacted.

Lastly, either the Big 12 expands causing the slate to get rougher or it dissolves. Neither of which favor these three teams. No need to agree or disagree, this is what I believe.

• Fire 1

You might be right but I don't believe that they are far apart as you think.

Kansas State is enjoying a nice run largely in part to Bill Snyder. I dont see them churning out the wins when he retires again. Step back is inevitable.

Baylor and TCU also enjoying nice runs. Largely due to their coaches who will be targets for better programs. Even if they both stay put, how long can we really expect this funk Texas is in to last? Once they get roling again, both TCU and Baylor will be impacted.

Lastly, either the Big 12 expands causing the slate to get rougher or it dissolves. Neither of which favor these three teams. No need to agree or disagree, this is what I believe.

What you believe is very wrong. Right now the top four in the XII is better than the Big Ten. So if they have to improve or die I'm worried about the B1G by that logic.

And I wonder what you'd say if someone said "Nebraska enjoyed a nice run because of Tom Osborne", because that's what you alluding to with KSU. I understand what they were in the 80's but that was a while ago. California voted republican in the 80's and ain't no one calling it a red state today.

K-State will likely go back to an 8-4 team at best once Snyder retires. Agree

Baylor/TCU are likely in this one for the long haul though. Both coaches have been targets for at least a couple of years. Briles passed up the Texas job last year I think. If that didn't lure him away, nothing will. And TCU's last 10-12 years or success has been largely accomplished outside of the Big12. Recruiting to TCU is only going to get easier in the years to come. And Patterson's been there for years, one of the longest tenured coaches. He could move on I guess, but I'd say after that many years he's likely settled. He didn't leave in 2010, or 11', or any year before that. He won't be leaving now that he's making the big money in the B12.

If the B12 was going to dissolve, it would have already done so. TV contracts are locked in for most conferences, the playoff is getting settled, expansions are going to take a breather for a while. And if they expand, it wouldn't get any more difficult that's for sure. Who are they going to add - BYU maybe? Houston? SMU?