The Big Ten's (And NU's) Struggle for Respect

NUpolo8

There is no argument. He claims something came from the article and it didn't. He made up his own reference, tells two of us to read the article - which we did - and he still comes back for more.

polo, there's no "nitpicking" if you actually quote the article for what it states. You made it out to be something it wasn't, don't blame others for your blatant lie and misdirection.

Let. It. Go. It's as annoying as f#*k to read. If you're going to push a point, it's best to actually have one.

• Fire 3

Let. It. Go. It's as annoying as f#*k to read. If you're going to push a point, it's best to actually have one.

I invite you, and everyone who doesn't want to read it, to use the Ignore function. Nothing is being said that will change anyone's mind, there are no new points after the past year of this same garbage, there are just people on this board with an agenda and that's all they're interested in talking about. If you aren't, ignore them.

Ignore Function Tutorial

Here's the problem

The Big 4 have underachieved for various reasons. Injuries, coaching, recruiting,sanctions.

Sparty is overachieving. Rose Bowl Champs. Can't complain.

Wisconsin is slightly underachieving but they've done their job for the last 20+ years. Down years happen. One problem, did they pass on Bret Bielema because they didn't think he was that good or that they were just too cheap to pay a top head-coach?

Iowa is paying elite coach money to a guy who doesn't even try to recruit the best football state in the country.

Minnesota, Turdue, Illinois have all FIRED coaches in the past decade for getting them to bowl games every year because they thought they should be better(Ron Zook, Glen Mason, Danny Hope) and have made some terrible coaching hires to set them back. They are all cheapskate athletic departments and they have all gone the Cincinnati Bengal rout in looking for Head coaches.

Indiana will never be any good. Northwestern has its moments but cannot sustain it.

First step is admitting it stinks but the biggest problem is the fact that coaching hires have been ATROCIOUS in the past 10 years and programs like Turdue have de-emphasized athletics because they can make money even while sucking thanks to BTN,etc.

get rid of these losers or fine them for crappy football.

Yes. Coaching is a huge issue. So is scheduling. Nebraska has no business hiding behind a chickensh#t schedule like this.

Kinda like 3/4 of the SEC.

What good for one should be good for the other.

I invite you, and everyone who doesn't want to read it, to use the Ignore function. Nothing is being said that will change anyone's mind, there are no new points after the past year of this same garbage, there are just people on this board with an agenda and that's all they're interested in talking about. If you aren't, ignore them.

Ignore Function Tutorial

I understand that some people want to keep presenting the same issue from multiple angles. I choose to not argue with Polo because I agree with most of what he says. However, I'm not particularly fond of the fact that he says it everywhere, all the time. But, if somebody is going to argue with him, it would be nice if it was over something substantial and not just the fact that he's NU POLO and they want a piece, any piece of him. This deal with HTO and the road/away game crap amounts to no more than if the issue had been a typo. That's what was annoying me. But, I will keep the ignore function at the ready because I get the feeling this posters only purpose is to argue with Polo. I understand it can get old seeing the same old thing day after day bUT maybe the people that need to use the ignore function are the ones that can't resist arguing for arguing's sake.

Ignore Function Tutorial

I understand that some people want to keep presenting the same issue from multiple angles. I choose to not argue with Polo because I agree with most of what he says. However, I'm not particularly fond of the fact that he says it everywhere, all the time. But, if somebody is going to argue with him, it would be nice if it was over something substantial and not just the fact that he's NU POLO and they want a piece, any piece of him. This deal with HTO and the road/away game crap amounts to no more than if the issue had been a typo. That's what was annoying me. But, I will keep the ignore function at the ready because I get the feeling this posters only purpose is to argue with Polo. I understand it can get old seeing the same old thing day after day bUT maybe the people that need to use the ignore function are the ones that can't resist arguing for arguing's sake.

Let's try this,

I'm not a topic on this board. Let's talk about the article! Snarky asides from mods included.

Don't know what can be done about the schedule if other Big Ten teams aren't looking to be elite. I know a few schools are trying to be elite but certainly not enough of them and most don't even try to win the Big Ten at the very least. they just collect their BTN paycheck and go home.

I'd like to think 2007 being the first year of BTN and the start of the slippery slope is just a coincidence but that is a pretty big one if so.

Non conference Nebraska has 2 decent games and 2 crap games. @Fresno isnt bad and its mainly for recruiting Cali. Beef up the other two and count Turdue and Illinois as the easy games since they don't seem to wanna compete.

i agree. we need the blue bloods (neb., osu, um, and psu) to be strong. it is nice how good msu has been. if them and wiscy can keep up their higher level of play, that is a pretty darn good conference. and, it would really help if the bottom feeders were at least respectable. then you throw in a competitive minny and iowa and we got a great conference. we all know that problem is that few programs are really holding up their end of the bargain.

i like what you said about iowa. they are willing to spend the money, they should have used more discretion, though.

Yes. Coaching is a huge issue. So is scheduling. Nebraska has no business hiding behind a chickensh#t schedule like this.

scheduling for neb. is bad and is not doing the program any favors. but i blame the conference and not the program.

miami and fresno seemed like good teams to balance a schedule, they weren't. but then we get into the conference schedule and play one team that will be ranked at the end of the year, maybe two. that is not very impressive.

• Fire 1

scheduling for neb. is bad and is not doing the program any favors. but i blame the conference and not the program.

miami and fresno seemed like good teams to balance a schedule, they weren't. but then we get into the conference schedule and play one team that will be ranked at the end of the year, maybe two. that is not very impressive.

The conference didn't make us put FAU and McNeese on the docket. Hopefully at least one of those games go away.

Actually, it would be nice if people actually quote what an article claims instead of making sh#t up to further express the same damn agenda. Your feeling is about as accurate as polo is of quoting an article.

The conference didn't make us put FAU and McNeese on the docket. Hopefully at least one of those games go away.

Yeah....We really should be scheduling schools like Presbyterian, Louisiana-Monroe, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern, Samford, Eastern Kentucky, Chattanooga, Troy, Louisiana Lafayette, Lamar.

If we would substitute FAU and McNeese State with one of these, we would be able to have much better respect.

• Fire 2

Yeah....We really should be scheduling schools like Presbyterian, Louisiana-Monroe, Western Carolina, Charleston Southern, Samford, Eastern Kentucky, Chattanooga, Troy, Louisiana Lafayette, Lamar.

If we would substitute FAU and McNeese State with one of these, we would be able to have much better respect.

So, if everyone else does it then it's cool if we do? I look forward to bag men at Nebraska recruits doorstops.

Those games aren't good for anyone., except for the schools that fund their entire athletic budget with them. One in August is fine, any more than that is unacceptable. For any team.

Plus, all those mean sec west teams will end up playing each other.

• Fire 1

It will guaranteed, when we go to a 9-conf game schedule in 2016, link. Happy?