*** The Official Wisconsin Badgers Game Discussion Thread ***

BP is a great def coordinator, not very good as head coach.. he lets his heart dictate his choice in assistants... I don't know who you could possibly bring in when you fire a 9 win coach, but Nebraska has to do something or resign themselves to being an also ran... 56 yrs I've bleed Husker red and I've never witnessed the type of losses we have under the past two coaches... Change is needed from the top down... I am sick of the same old same old... I feel bad for the players, they follow this staff with blind faith.. it's to bad we don't have coaches that can handle pressure... Hire Scott Frost he can't do any worse than Bo. Scott would probably hire a Def Coor than can bring back blackshirt dominance instead of the bend don't break bulls==t bo brings...

I can't believe TA is still in the game.... get a clue Bo

Craig Bohl is another example. Bad DC (big picture guy). Great HC.

I was just having this same conversation with my brother. Craig Bohl would be a home-run hire as head coach for Nebraska. I even think he could convince Scott Frost to be his offensive coordinator.

Bo was brought here to fix the defense, and in year 7 his most talented team gives up the single game rushing record in 3 quarters. It's time for a clean sweep in the coaching office.

Guys - I do most of my posting over on other message boards. I don't post much, unless compelled to.

Let me say what I have to say, agree or disagree.

Bo Pelini is one heck of a coach. I think his defensive schemes are great. Hell, they won a national championship, and helped contribute to a Super Bowl. That being said....

Bo Pelini should not be the head coach at The University of Nebraska. Here's my argument why...

I'm sure he'll get into the post game presser and will use at least one (if not all) of these lines:

"We just didn't execute."

"We got outcoached."

"You were out there, you saw it. What do you think?"

This has been the same every time his team is beaten by a top 25 opponent. Badly.

I used to coach myself. No, I didn't coach at the level these guys do. But, to me, a coach at any level is one two things - a teacher, and an example.

He's the guy who gets the team together. He keeps them composed. He keeps them believing in him and themselves. He makes them into a family.

I don't see that, and never have, in Bo. Which pains me to say that, because I was one of his main supporters for him being here.

All he has done this entire game is:

Screamed at refs.

Screamed at players

Screamed at assistant coaches.

Where's he at trying to teach? Where's he at trying to compose the team? He's got a Sophomore QB who isn't playing well - where's he trying to encourage him at?

He's got a guy who was a Heisman trophy candidate who is battling an injury. This same guy has put it on the carpet today and hasn't played well at all - where's the Head Coach at trying to encourage his player?

We're all looking at this team...wondering why they fumble the ball....why they get penalties on the first play of the series coming right out of a time out or a change of possession....why they are so out of position against great players.

Lack.

Of.

Discipline..

If the head coach shows no poise...how can you ask the team to show any? And that's why this team plays without poise and discipline quite often. This is why ball security (another lack of discipline) is such a problem with this team.

Who can replace him? Craig Bohl was out there. Scott Frost is coaching right now at a top 10 team. Kirby Smart is the defensive coordinator at the #5 team in the country right now. There are plenty of guys that can replace Bo.

Just one man's opinion. I didn't want to give up on Bo. But after this, I had to.

+1 Great post! I would even suggest posting it on the main board.

I didn't want to give up on Bo either, but after today....after an NCAA Single Game Rushing Record in only 3 quarters....yep I'm done. It's over, it's time to move on.

All year I have defended Bo as evidenced by the D and ST improvement. Until tonight. The staff needs to go. Starting at the top.

Who can replace him? Craig Bohl was out there. Scott Frost is coaching right now at a top 10 team. Kirby Smart is the defensive coordinator at the #5 team in the country right now. There are plenty of guys that can replace Bo.

Just one man's opinion. I didn't want to give up on Bo. But after this, I had to.

Agree with most of what you said but this. Bohl was fired for being a crap DC. Frost has not even one season as a coordinator. Smart is exactly what Bo was 8 years ago.

Firing a guy who was never a HC before and replacing him with another guy who was never a HC seems idiotic. Swing for the fences, or go home.

• Fire 2

This is not the coaches fault, this is on the players...the coaches hold zero, I repeat ZERO fault in this game.... - signed BOleivers

Man the crap that comes out of some peoples opinion astounds me this rests completely on the coaching staff. No game plan, no adjustments and 2 weeks to do both.

You're right. The players have 0 responsibility for the loss. It's all the coaches fault

The crap that comes out of no haters astounds me. We had a game plan. We dominated for the first quarter and the players just quit. It was embarrassing.

Mo all I can say is you are an ID....T

I really think the only thing that will make the AD take notice would be to have the sell out streak broken. Once people start showing disinterest in a loser team, the $$$ will stop rolling in. NU is big on football money, and without it, the rest of the school takes a huge hit. That seems to be the only way out of the Pelini era. Sad. The program is a former shell of itself.

[quote name="California Husker" post="1449402" timestamp="1416096210"

and for anyone who wants to claim what a "great coordinator" Bo is don't forget that when he was NU coordinator in 2003, Nebraska lost 41-24 to Missouri, 31-7 to Texas, and 38-9 to K-State.

Great point. I was concerned with hiring Bo as the head coach for that EXACT reason. Too many other Husker fans have their heads up their a$$ to recognize that.

This is not the coaches fault, this is on the players...the coaches hold zero, I repeat ZERO fault in this game.... - signed BOleivers

Man the crap that comes out of some peoples opinion astounds me this rests completely on the coaching staff. No game plan, no adjustments and 2 weeks to do both.

You're right. The players have 0 responsibility for the loss. It's all the coaches fault

The crap that comes out of no haters astounds me. We had a game plan. We dominated for the first quarter and the players just quit. It was embarrassing.

Mo all I can say is you are an ID....T

We dominated with TO's. 7 points we "earned" in garbage time. Had they not turned over the ball in the first, we might not have scored at all. NONE

Perhaps some of this is on the players but I put most of the blame is on the coaching staff. False starts are a trend, loss of contain on the outside on D is a trend, poor tackling by not wrapping up is a trend....etc etc. Poor fundementals over and over again is getting hard to watch. Being embarrassed on national TV is hard to watch and effects recruiting. When the same things over and over and over and over again show themselves as trends...its on the coaching staff not the players.

Even my wife, who knows little about football predicted the meltdown when things started to go south, but the score was still close. TREND.

Agree with most of what you said but this. Bohl was fired for being a crap DC. Frost has not even one season as a coordinator. Smart is exactly what Bo was 8 years ago.

Here's the thing about Craig Bohl. Yes, he was a 'crap DC'. Or, was he just a sacrifical lamb that was let go after one subpar season and a throttling by Colorado and Miami in the National Championship game? Let's be fair, here. But let me stick with Bohl for a second:

Yep, he left here. Became the head coach at North Dakota....what'd that guy do there for almost 15 years?

Won three national championships.

Was a 2 time AFCA Coach of the Year.

Oh yeah - he beat teams that he SHOULD have lost to. Teams that scheduled his team as fodder. Beat K-State. Beat other teams that they were supposed to lose to.

NCAA Record Game for Melvin Gordon.

50+ unanswered points.

All you have to do is watch Bo's post game presser. Is that a leader for this football team?