*** The Official Wisconsin Badgers Game Discussion Thread ***

BP is a great def coordinator, not very good as head coach.. he lets his heart dictate his choice in assistants... I don't know who you could possibly bring in when you fire a 9 win coach, but Nebraska has to do something or resign themselves to being an also ran... 56 yrs I've bleed Husker red and I've never witnessed the type of losses we have under the past two coaches... Change is needed from the top down... I am sick of the same old same old... I feel bad for the players, they follow this staff with blind faith.. it's to bad we don't have coaches that can handle pressure... Hire Scott Frost he can't do any worse than Bo. Scott would probably hire a Def Coor than can bring back blackshirt dominance instead of the bend don't break bulls==t bo brings...

I can't believe TA is still in the game.... get a clue Bo

Craig Bohl is another example. Bad DC (big picture guy). Great HC.

I was just having this same conversation with my brother. Craig Bohl would be a home-run hire as head coach for Nebraska. I even think he could convince Scott Frost to be his offensive coordinator.

Bo was brought here to fix the defense, and in year 7 his most talented team gives up the single game rushing record in 3 quarters. It's time for a clean sweep in the coaching office.

Guys - I do most of my posting over on other message boards. I don't post much, unless compelled to.

Let me say what I have to say, agree or disagree.

Bo Pelini is one heck of a coach. I think his defensive schemes are great. Hell, they won a national championship, and helped contribute to a Super Bowl. That being said....

Bo Pelini should not be the head coach at The University of Nebraska. Here's my argument why...

I'm sure he'll get into the post game presser and will use at least one (if not all) of these lines:

"We just didn't execute."

"We got outcoached."

"You were out there, you saw it. What do you think?"

This has been the same every time his team is beaten by a top 25 opponent. Badly.

I used to coach myself. No, I didn't coach at the level these guys do. But, to me, a coach at any level is one two things - a teacher, and an example.

He's the guy who gets the team together. He keeps them composed. He keeps them believing in him and themselves. He makes them into a family.

I don't see that, and never have, in Bo. Which pains me to say that, because I was one of his main supporters for him being here.

All he has done this entire game is:

Screamed at refs.

Screamed at players

Screamed at assistant coaches.

Where's he at trying to teach? Where's he at trying to compose the team? He's got a Sophomore QB who isn't playing well - where's he trying to encourage him at?

He's got a guy who was a Heisman trophy candidate who is battling an injury. This same guy has put it on the carpet today and hasn't played well at all - where's the Head Coach at trying to encourage his player?

We're all looking at this team...wondering why they fumble the ball....why they get penalties on the first play of the series coming right out of a time out or a change of possession....why they are so out of position against great players.

Lack.

Of.

Discipline..

If the head coach shows no poise...how can you ask the team to show any? And that's why this team plays without poise and discipline quite often. This is why ball security (another lack of discipline) is such a problem with this team.

Who can replace him? Craig Bohl was out there. Scott Frost is coaching right now at a top 10 team. Kirby Smart is the defensive coordinator at the #5 team in the country right now. There are plenty of guys that can replace Bo.

Just one man's opinion. I didn't want to give up on Bo. But after this, I had to.

I like your post and completely agree

BP is a great def coordinator, not very good as head coach.. he lets his heart dictate his choice in assistants... I don't know who you could possibly bring in when you fire a 9 win coach, but Nebraska has to do something or resign themselves to being an also ran... 56 yrs I've bleed Husker red and I've never witnessed the type of losses we have under the past two coaches... Change is needed from the top down... I am sick of the same old same old... I feel bad for the players, they follow this staff with blind faith.. it's to bad we don't have coaches that can handle pressure... Hire Scott Frost he can't do any worse than Bo. Scott would probably hire a Def Coor than can bring back blackshirt dominance instead of the bend don't break bulls==t bo brings...

I was just having this same conversation with my brother. Craig Bohl would be a home-run hire as head coach for Nebraska. I even think he could convince Scott Frost to be his offensive coordinator.

Bo was brought here to fix the defense, and in year 7 his most talented team gives up the single game rushing record in 3 quarters. It's time for a clean sweep in the coaching office.

Guys - I do most of my posting over on other message boards. I don't post much, unless compelled to.

Bo Pelini is one heck of a coach. I think his defensive schemes are great. Hell, they won a national championship, and helped contribute to a Super Bowl. That being said....

Bo Pelini should not be the head coach at The University of Nebraska. Here's my argument why...

I'm sure he'll get into the post game presser and will use at least one (if not all) of these lines:

"We got outcoached."

This has been the same every time his team is beaten by a top 25 opponent. Badly.

I used to coach myself. No, I didn't coach at the level these guys do. But, to me, a coach at any level is one two things - a teacher, and an example.

He's the guy who gets the team together. He keeps them composed. He keeps them believing in him and themselves. He makes them into a family.

I don't see that, and never have, in Bo. Which pains me to say that, because I was one of his main supporters for him being here.

Screamed at refs.

Screamed at players

Where's he at trying to teach? Where's he at trying to compose the team? He's got a Sophomore QB who isn't playing well - where's he trying to encourage him at?

He's got a guy who was a Heisman trophy candidate who is battling an injury. This same guy has put it on the carpet today and hasn't played well at all - where's the Head Coach at trying to encourage his player?

We're all looking at this team...wondering why they fumble the ball....why they get penalties on the first play of the series coming right out of a time out or a change of possession....why they are so out of position against great players.

Lack.

Of.

Discipline..

If the head coach shows no poise...how can you ask the team to show any? And that's why this team plays without poise and discipline quite often. This is why ball security (another lack of discipline) is such a problem with this team.

Who can replace him? Craig Bohl was out there. Scott Frost is coaching right now at a top 10 team. Kirby Smart is the defensive coordinator at the #5 team in the country right now. There are plenty of guys that can replace Bo.

Just one man's opinion. I didn't want to give up on Bo. But after this, I had to.

Well said. Well said

I cringe at what we'll get stuck with if we get rid of Bo.

Really.

Another 4 years of "rebuilding" while we lose more games and throw more seasons down the toilet.

or we can have more of this......

giphy.gif

Yeah. He's a character. Love that guy. Would hate to lose him

I am taking this as sarcasm. Hopefully.

"We got outcoached."

Screamed at refs.

Screamed at players

Lack.

Of.

Discipline..

+1 Great post! I would even suggest posting it on the main board.

I didn't want to give up on Bo either, but after today....after an NCAA Single Game Rushing Record in only 3 quarters....yep I'm done. It's over, it's time to move on.

• Fire 1

This is not the coaches fault, this is on the players...the coaches hold zero, I repeat ZERO fault in this game.... - signed BOleivers

Man the crap that comes out of some peoples opinion astounds me this rests completely on the coaching staff. No game plan, no adjustments and 2 weeks to do both.

You're right. The players have 0 responsibility for the loss. It's all the coaches fault

The crap that comes out of no haters astounds me. We had a game plan. We dominated for the first quarter and the players just quit. It was embarrassing.

if there are players on this team that quit then it's the coaches fault for bringing in sh#t players the coaching staff has had enough time to get the kind of players they want. Players suck, coaches suck, team sucks.

It isn’t just a matter of wins and losses; it’s how you do it. If you lose by a field goal and play well, that’s a little bit different than getting blown out three or four times. I tried to make sure that they completely understood. It isn’t all about winning and losing. Believe me, I understand that. If you lose a fairly large number of games by a significant margin and you have fairly good players, which I think we do, then I think there are some systemic issues. I think the players were treated well. But there was something wrong evidently.

-Tom Osborne on the firing of Bill Callahan

SE can cut and paste.

What's better new coach and painful couple years or Bo cleans house and we attempt to save the talent we have? That's my dilemma. I don't know how to feel after this again. Teams disappointing this game but I love some of the guys we have.

How is this not painful already? It happens against good teams several times a year for awhile already :/

Urban and Gus say hello. The right guy comes right in and gets us competitive. Losses happen. Blowouts don't need to. A competent staff, with our talent, keeps game sclose.

I'll take my chances with a new staff

No, no....I meant the painful stuff happens to US when we play good teams several times a year every season. I would have said 4 times but didn't want to say the obvious. Therefor there shouldn't be fear about getting someone else in.

Gotcha. My bad. I agree with you. It can't get worse.........Right staff and our talent and a weak B1G.....

:thumbs