Bo will be here next year...

Judoka

How many teams sensing Bo Pelini's time expiring at Nebraska might hope to claim him as their head coach?

I think when a Power 5 coach gets fired, there isn't a lot of P5 schools lining up to interview them. They usually need to become an assistant, TV guy, or a non P5 coach for a year or 2 to clean the slate a bit.

Charles Davis just went on USC and said there's a TON of interest in the Nebraska job if Bo got fired.

The question was about the interest in Bo, not Nebraska.

I took it the same way as alex did, not interest in Bo, but interest in the Nebraska gig

You didn't read the post very closely.

I'm guessing there aren't many/any Power 5 teams who are lining up for Bo Pelini's services right now, suggesting that Nebraska would not be unreasonable in letting him go.

But if there is a program that's impressed by the exclusive Bo Pelini/Nick Saban 9 Win Club, it would be the most diplomatic transition out of this.

Even better: position coach in the NFL.

No, you didn't listen to the interview.

Charles was asked to comment on three actual job, and he replied that he didn't like doing that because it reminds him of going to the dentist - commenting on jobs that are not vacant.

But he followed that up by saying, "If that job opens, there will be a ton of interest across the country. If they've fallen off, it doesn't take that much to restore a brand name."

If we pull it together, beat Minnesota, Iowa,and win a bowl game all will be forgiven and Bo will be back! It will take more than getting beat by a very good team, in their house (no matter how embarrassing ) to cost Pellini his job. Its natural for us all to be pissed about Saturday. but there are more games to be played .Lets see how that goes first.

If we pull it together, beat Minnesota, Iowa,and win a bowl game all will be forgiven and Bo will be back! It will take more than getting beat by a very good team, in their house (no matter how embarrassing ) to cost Pellini his job. Its natural for us all to be pissed about Saturday. but there are more games to be played .Lets see how that goes first.

So what about the other 6 years? Was that not enough of 'lets see how that goes first' for you?

Question: I heard an Omaha radio show where it was said that the former players are against Scott Frost coming back? Anyone know why? Was he not popular with his team mates as a QB?

There have been a lot of stories about Frost/his parents being in the middle of "difficult situations" over the years. The only one I have seen widely documented is Scott's involvement with LP's girlfriend (he was with her when LP went bats**t crazy). TO documented some of this in his books. Google is your friend...

I have heard from some of his NU teammates (at tailgates, golf tourneys, etc) that they wish him success in his career but don't want him on NU's staff. Never got any more detail tho... I don't think he should even be an option until he's duplicated his success (as an OC or HC) on his own post-Oregon...

Question: I heard an Omaha radio show where it was said that the former players are against Scott Frost coming back? Anyone know why? Was he not popular with his team mates as a QB?

There have been a lot of stories about Frost/his parents being in the middle of "difficult situations" over the years. The only one I have seen widely documented is Scott's involvement with LP's girlfriend (he was with her when LP went bats**t crazy). TO documented some of this in his books. Google is your friend...

I have heard from some of his NU teammates (at tailgates, golf tourneys, etc) that they wish him success in his career but don't want him on NU's staff. Never got any more detail tho... I don't think he should even be an option until he's duplicated his success (as an OC or HC) on his own post-Oregon...

Means nothing to me unless I get details. Other than that, I see a guy who played for some time in the NFL, and is currently the offensive coordinator for a top 5 team in the country.

I'm curious do you still where the same undies u stained as a kid ?? I swear some people are deathly afraid change.

So what about the other 6 years? Was that not enough of 'lets see how that goes first' for you?

you really think they will fire a coach who only lost 2 games to 2 very good teams?

you are delusional .

I'm curious do you still where the same undies u stained as a kid ?? I swear some people are deathly afraid change.

Settle down there sonny! Im not scared of change. just realistic! if we win out he stays guaranteed

you really think they will fire a coach who only lost 2 games to 2 very good teams?

you are delusional .

2 very good teams? What does that make us then?

You realize the word "lost " only describes what we did against one of those teams. In the other game we allowed 408 rushing yards to one player and 56 unanswered points.

Which of those two teams is the better team?

That's a big "IF" my Big Red friend. Plus husker fans are fed up with the product we've had to witness over the last 7 years. IMO Saturday was the final blow for a lot of us that were clinging or wishing things could've been different. But reality has set in and people are PISSED! Which they have ever right to be. Everybody on this board is invested one way or another. After the embarrassment on Saturday our stock has CRASHED! and it's time to sell.

Settle down there sonny! Im not scared of change. just realistic! if we win out he stays guaranteed

^^ Agree. I would love to see Pelini gone but I do not see the boosters supporting firing Pelini if we win out. I think it's a longshot even if we lose all the remaining. Hope I'm wrong...

There wasn't a ton of interest, at least not from desirable coaches, the last two times we went through this. Are things somehow better now?

There was the first time, but Tom forced Frank upon us and really screwed the program up. Nobody in thier right mind wanted the job in 2004 because of the lack of talent/depth on the team to go with expectations. Callahan was the only one dumb/arrogant enough to think he could fix what Frank screwed up with lazy recruiting and lack of discipline and we all know how that ended up.

^^ Agree. I would love to see Pelini gone but I do not see the boosters supporting firing Pelini if we win out. I think it's a longshot even if we lose all the remaining. Hope I'm wrong...

It all comes down to the $$$$ and if the boosters still listen to Tom or not. Hopefully Tom has changed his mind and allows SE to do his job and find a replacement.