Bo will be here next year...

Judoka

by all accounts Minnesota should beat us. They look really solid right now, and have a strong running game with a good RB (though not near on Gordon's level). I just have a feeling we'll somehow put it together at home, and then the Iowa game we will win but look like sh#t doing it. At least now we don't have to play OSU and give up 10 YPP+ to them lol. We had our chance to get rid of Bo last year, I had been a big Bo supporter up intil the end of last season. The Iowa game and post game made me ready to be done with him. I guess Bo's reverse psychology worked lol. Obviously the best thing for everyone was for Bo to get things together, and up until now things were going okay this year, mostly bc of our opponents, but recruiting was going good too. To make an analogy though, I feel Bo is a lot like Sadler. Seemed like a good fit personality wise showed promise at times, but you just have to win games.

One interesting question, where would we stand in the Big 12 right now? If we were in a tougher division/conference I do think we'd have a couple more losses per year, but we also might have some more ranked wins (just being able to play more of them)

Did you miss the part where we gave up the big touchdown and still had the lead? Bo was going nuts on his corner? safety? I forget now...but even the announcers pointed it out later well after the fact and the camera showed Bo continuing to yell at him. Composure was gone. Team lost composure as well. The writing is on the wall. Undisciplined coach = undisciplined players. Bo should go. He won't. Not unless he gets a better offer. We're too afraid to fire a 9 win coach that is showing minimal signs at best of correcting his attitude.

I think Spielman explained it correctly, Davie came inside with a receiver and took out Gerry, while he should've given space for Gerry to get through, much like in basketball letting a teammate slide through a pick. What's even worse is that I saw Davie do the exact same thing later. This tells me that they barely practiced defending this play at all, because Davie's instincts were to stay tight to the receiver. They needed to practice that until it became natural for Davie to identify what was going on and give a gap for Gerry. Screaming at him during the game probably isn't going to stick well.

the other thing though is we were playing man on the outside. that block looks like a slant, and Wiscy's PA they block like a run (unlike many teams like us where idk how PA ever confuses a defense) so how the hell is a corner supposed to have man responsibility on a PA but also contain the outside on a sweep?

It's not uncommon for a head coach to have higher success their first 2-3 seasons, then plateau. B Stoops, B Kelley, Solich.......

Well, if he stays at Stanford a few more years, we will see I guess.

Stoops has played in what, 3 national championship games?

He's also the only guy who won all the BCS bowl games.

A sure fire way to get Bo out?

Stop going to games.

Just ask Dave Brandon how that worked out for him.

And please, spare me the "I'm supporting the kids," line (cause I know it's coming from someone).

Support the kids - show your displeasure in the coaching staff and get them someone in there that will help them and work for them, instead of screaming at them all the time.

Nailed it!

Support the kids by getting them a coach that will teach them fundamentals and help them grow into quality football players all with 80% less berating on TV.

Right! I'll call Bill Callahan.

It's not uncommon for a head coach to have higher success their first 2-3 seasons, then plateau. B Stoops, B Kelley, Solich.......

I wish we plateaued like that

Stoops has great wins. Big Game Bob. Winning the national championship in your second year (with another coaches recruits) sets a quick plateau.

Stop going to games.

And please, spare me the "I'm supporting the kids," line (cause I know it's coming from someone).

Support the kids - show your displeasure in the coaching staff and get them someone in there that will help them and work for them, instead of screaming at them all the time.

Nailed it!

Support the kids by getting them a coach that will teach them fundamentals and help them grow into quality football players all with 80% less berating on TV.

i wish there were other coaches.

oh, right! there are.

How many teams sensing Bo Pelini's time expiring at Nebraska might hope to claim him as their head coach?

I think when a Power 5 coach gets fired, there isn't a lot of P5 schools lining up to interview them. They usually need to become an assistant, TV guy, or a non P5 coach for a year or 2 to clean the slate a bit.

Charles Davis just went on USC and said there's a TON of interest in the Nebraska job if Bo got fired.

Stop going to games.

Nailed it!

What a pathetic excuse for an argument.

How many teams sensing Bo Pelini's time expiring at Nebraska might hope to claim him as their head coach?

I think when a Power 5 coach gets fired, there isn't a lot of P5 schools lining up to interview them. They usually need to become an assistant, TV guy, or a non P5 coach for a year or 2 to clean the slate a bit.

Charles Davis just went on USC and said there's a TON of interest in the Nebraska job if Bo got fired.

Did he mention who was interested?

it's a good gig, despite what anyone says.

and frankly, we are very patient and forgiving. we also have a threshold.

I will make my decision when someone gets me the transcript to Bo Pelini's halftime speech.

The one where he addressed a team that had played well for a quarter and was down only one score at halftime.

The speech that inspired offense, defense and special teams to come out in the second half and immediately play worse before giving up completely.

Oh who am I kidding. I've already made my decision.

Well its pretty obvious there was no communication and adjustments. Except for that dandy screen to Ameer.

As aggressive as their d was woulda been nice to have that trick play we used up at northwestern for a spark too that bitched about and was ridiculed for.