Bo will be here next year...

Judoka

I would have lit into Corey Cooper as well, and for a long time, whether I was winning by 40 or not. That attempt to shoulder tackle Gordon in inexcusable of a senior starter and leader of the defense.

That's an instance where you DO light up a kid on the sidelines as a coach.

Let me make my claim for David Shaw for a second....

His coaching career began at Western Washington University in 1995. In 1997, Shaw began a nine-year run as an NFL assistant coach with stints for the Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, and Baltimore Ravens.

As the Raiders' quality control from 1998–2000 and quarterbacks coach in 2001, the team won two consecutive AFC West titles and completed a 10–6 regular season.[1]

Shaw was the quarterbacks coach for the Baltimore Ravens from 2002–2004 and wide receivers coach for the Ravens from 2002–2005, with the 2003 team finishing with a 10–6 regular season mark and winning the AFC North.

Look, I'm not arguing with you about good coaches that do or don't yell at players. Personally, I don't care what the coaches sideline demeanor is as long as it doesn't affect the team.

Look at Bo's coaching career and it is virtually the same thing as Shaw.

But Shaw is 5-5 right now and he is in one of the best recruiting states in the country. So what are we trying to compare?

Virtually the same outside of back to back Rose bowls, one win and finishing years in the top ten.

I mean, c'mon.

I was referring to the Wikipedia history lesson that was listed. I agree that Shaw has done very well the first 3 years but it reminds me of Osborne-Solich.

To be clear I'm not complaining about Bo yelling at a player...it's the timing and the message it sends....

Bo. Send one of your coordinators to do that. You have to be the cool confident leader on the road in a very hostile environment with your team quickly getting overwhelmed. You rally the troops. Sends Paps over to correct that problem. And he was mad about the collision not the shoulder tackle.

it's not the yelling. it's the losing of control and the players losing any confidence.

I would have lit into Corey Cooper as well, and for a long time, whether I was winning by 40 or not. That attempt to shoulder tackle Gordon in inexcusable of a senior starter and leader of the defense.

That's an instance where you DO light up a kid on the sidelines as a coach.

Let me make my claim for David Shaw for a second....

His coaching career began at Western Washington University in 1995. In 1997, Shaw began a nine-year run as an NFL assistant coach with stints for the Philadelphia Eagles, Oakland Raiders, and Baltimore Ravens.

As the Raiders' quality control from 1998–2000 and quarterbacks coach in 2001, the team won two consecutive AFC West titles and completed a 10–6 regular season.[1]

Shaw was the quarterbacks coach for the Baltimore Ravens from 2002–2004 and wide receivers coach for the Ravens from 2002–2005, with the 2003 team finishing with a 10–6 regular season mark and winning the AFC North.

Look, I'm not arguing with you about good coaches that do or don't yell at players. Personally, I don't care what the coaches sideline demeanor is as long as it doesn't affect the team.

But Shaw is 5-5 right now and he is in one of the best recruiting states in the country. So what are we trying to compare?

Virtually the same outside of back to back Rose bowls, one win and finishing years in the top ten.

I mean, c'mon.

I was referring to the Wikipedia history lesson that was listed. I agree that Shaw has done very well the first 3 years but it reminds me of Osborne-Solich.

His recruiting history (including getting many of our targets) dispute that comparison.

I mean, c'mon.

His recruiting history (including getting many of our targets) dispute that comparison.

Well, if he stays at Stanford a few more years, we will see I guess.

I mean, c'mon.

True. But of these recruits we have are so good, by rights he'd be GREAT here, right?

True. But of these recruits we have are so good, by rights he'd be GREAT here, right?

Perhaps. I think we have great recruits. I just don't think they are being coached well. I can handle 5 point losses on the road. But 30+ to the same team 3 out of 4 times. That's on the coach.

Shaw might be a good get if we can get him. I also think Mendenhall at BYU needs strong consideration.

I will make my decision when someone gets me the transcript to Bo Pelini's halftime speech.

The one where he addressed a team that had played well for a quarter and was down only one score at halftime.

The speech that inspired offense, defense and special teams to come out in the second half and immediately play worse before giving up completely.

Oh who am I kidding. I've already made my decision.

The question of whether Bo will be here and whether he should be here are two completely different questions.

But the answer might be the same.

I have my doubts he will be gone. Far too much goodwill among the holders of the purse.

the pressure has to be unimaginable. fans are going to respond to this. and i do not know if bo has much fight to stay anymore.

I mean, c'mon.

It's not uncommon for a head coach to have higher success their first 2-3 seasons, then plateau. B Stoops, B Kelley, Solich.......

Did you miss the part where we gave up the big touchdown and still had the lead? Bo was going nuts on his corner? safety? I forget now...but even the announcers pointed it out later well after the fact and the camera showed Bo continuing to yell at him. Composure was gone. Team lost composure as well. The writing is on the wall. Undisciplined coach = undisciplined players. Bo should go. He won't. Not unless he gets a better offer. We're too afraid to fire a 9 win coach that is showing minimal signs at best of correcting his attitude.

I think Spielman explained it correctly, Davie came inside with a receiver and took out Gerry, while he should've given space for Gerry to get through, much like in basketball letting a teammate slide through a pick. What's even worse is that I saw Davie do the exact same thing later. This tells me that they barely practiced defending this play at all, because Davie's instincts were to stay tight to the receiver. They needed to practice that until it became natural for Davie to identify what was going on and give a gap for Gerry. Screaming at him during the game probably isn't going to stick well.