Never Thought..

mwj98

You really cant see jack through your bitter colored glasses can you. My first comment had nothing to do with the embarrassment we all watched Saturday. My point was mostly that our home schedule sucked this year, we dont have strong ties to Minnesota Purdue or Rutgers so nobody has been super pumped to go to the live games anyway. Also, its going to be cold and most in attendance probably expect a loss going in.

Unless half that stadium is empty it isnt going to get Bo fired. I know that is hard for you to understand. The cold weather is a convenient enough excuse for the AD to throw out as to why the attendance is lower than normal.

The lack of credit you give Shawn Eichorst is absolutely astounding.

Almost as astounding as the lack of credit you give our fanbase.

There is no revolution, you are not Mel Gibson.

You really cant see jack through your bitter colored glasses can you. My first comment had nothing to do with the embarrassment we all watched Saturday. My point was mostly that our home schedule sucked this year, we dont have strong ties to Minnesota Purdue or Rutgers so nobody has been super pumped to go to the live games anyway. Also, its going to be cold and most in attendance probably expect a loss going in.

Unless half that stadium is empty it isnt going to get Bo fired. I know that is hard for you to understand. The cold weather is a convenient enough excuse for the AD to throw out as to why the attendance is lower than normal.

Plus one Redux.......

After almost fifteen years of not winning a single game that actually means something, I think most of us fans have lowered our expectations. Pelini doesn't need to win a conference championship or a national championship. He just needs to keep the season interesting, but with Pelini's regime, the season is over not too long after it begins. At least we made it into October undefeated this year. <rolls eyes>

You're correct. There's just an underachieving coaching staff and a few forgotten soldiers in pillboxes still thinking there's a war to fight.

After almost fifteen years of not winning a single game that actually means something, I think most of us fans have lowered our expectations. Pelini doesn't need to win a conference championship or a national championship. He just needs to keep the season interesting, but with Pelini's regime, the season is over not too long after it begins. At least we made it into October undefeated this year. <rolls eyes>

" I think most of us fans have lowered our expectations."

Don't flatter yourself by thinking you know what the fan base's expectations are!

"Pelini doesn't need to win a conference championship or a national championship."

He needs to have us seriously in the hunt.

T_O_B

Thats pretty much where Im at. Just beyond disappointed. I really wanted Bo to work out. Im a fan of his style and think he is a great person. That doesnt win us games though clearly. This schedule was more than do able. If tOSU had our schedule they would probably be #1 by now. The two biggest games were losses. Two of the biggest cupcake games were sloppy as hell wins.

I really thought we would turn a corner this year. Now Im sitting here dreading going to the game this weekend. DREADING IT! Ive never felt like this during a week where I knew I was going to Memorial Stadium on Saturday.....this just feels wrong.

Ive supported Bo for 7 years now. Id like to say it wasnt in vain. But I know we arent winning a conference title this year. I dont think we will win 11 games even if we win our next two. My batch of kool aid is flat and for the first time I dont think next year will be better. This sucks. All weekend the uppity folks with the "I told you so" attitude got to enjoy the latest bed crapping. Thats where we are as a fanbase. Husker fans using an embarrassing loss to rub other Husker fans face in said crappy bed. This isnt fun anymore.

You still don't really get it do you red? I see you still wanting to put the blinders on despite what your eyes have seen. The complete fall from grace on a national level as bad as Callahan, hell in many ways worse. Bo pelini unless he has a total brain transplant is NOT a head coach at least not at this level. Look back the only success he really had against quality teams was when he had some of Callies recruits can't you see? Please look at it without the emotion involved

If you want me to say hes the worst coach ever Im not doing that. But if you read what I said youll see Im just as fed up as everyone. Somethings gotta give. Hes now had more time in the Big Ten than the Big 12 and we are essentially exactly where we were when we came in.

So what would you really like that something to be?

If you want me to say hes the worst coach ever Im not doing that. But if you read what I said youll see Im just as fed up as everyone. Somethings gotta give. Hes now had more time in the Big Ten than the Big 12 and we are essentially exactly where we were when we came in.

I want an overhaul on the staff. If he is to be retained he needs coordinators that can offer up schemes that are beneficial. No more yes men, no more Ohio pals. If he cant do that he needs to be replaced.

I want an overhaul on the staff. If he is to be retained he needs coordinators that can offer up schemes that are beneficial. No more yes men, no more Ohio pals. If he cant do that he needs to be replaced.

Fair enough. From what you have seen from Bo do you think that will happen?

Im gonna jump in here. Even if Bo were to overhaul his staff it would be due to being forced. When is the last time you can remember of someone being forced to do something that actually turned out well? Couple points to think about:

1. Bo will never overhaul his staff

2. Even if Bo were to overhaul his staff and bring in experienced assistants that aren't "yes men" it would only create animosity and a power struggle would ensue. This in my mind would be worse than what we have going on now.

3. If you agree with 1 and 2, you know what the solution is.

Im gonna jump in here. Even if Bo were to overhaul his staff it would be due to being forced. When is the last time you can remember of someone being forced to do something that actually turned out well? Couple points to think about:

1. Bo will never overhaul his staff

2. Even if Bo were to overhaul his staff and bring in experienced assistants that aren't "yes men" it would only create animosity and a power struggle would ensue. This in my mind would be worse than what we have going on now.

3. If you agree with 1 and 2, you know what the solution is.

Solich went 7-7, got new assistants and went 9-3 the next year.

Wisconsin did it repeatedly under Bielema. He fired coaches DURING the season.

Every major program that gets assistants hired someplace else do this all the time. It's not that uncommon.

• Fire 2