Bo cuts off thumb, points fingers instead.

NUpolo8

Shaw lost three games by a combined nine points, my friend. Only team he got manhandled against was the #5 team in the country at the time (who's number he's had over the last few years).

You forgot the Arizona State game, where they were also handled pretty easily.

He's been in a tough slog this year, yes. But man, I think his pedigree and past success speaks for itself. Including Rose Bowl wins and recruiting.

I also don't think he'll leave. But I'd try.

I don't disagree with you, I like Shaw. I just think it would be a tough sell. Trying to convince boosters that we should fire this guy who had two ugly losses and hire this guy who had two ugly losses (and three more).

I like Shaw too, but if the knock on Pelini is that he only had success with the previous coach's recruits, and only wins games against the redheaded step-children while losing anything that matters, then how do you argue for Shaw?

They've had a brutal schedule, but the 5 teams they've played that are good, they've lost to. The 5 lousy teams they've beat. Then again, the Pac 12 kind of defines football parity. Idk.

He's been there 4 years, and coincidentally the first three (with Harbaugh players) were really damn good.

Two Rose bowl appearances, one win.

Finishing years in the top ten.

Complete professionalism on and off the field.

The PAC 12 north is really really damn good.

He had a pretty damn good recruiting class last year.

---comparing Bo to him is freaking laughable.

• Fire 5

It would be a different thing entirely if this was the 2nd or 3rd blowout loss. I get it, yeah, even good teams get their crap kicked sometimes. The Nebraskas of the mid 90s and the Bamas of today are the exception, not the rule.

But when it happens over, and over, and over, and over, year in, year out, multiple times a year...there's something deeply wrong.

If we at least regularly had solid wins over ranked opponents, both on the home and on the road, I'd be willing to let this game slide.

While the loss to Texas in 2009 was heartbreaking, at least you could walk away from it feeling like Nebraska was a good team that played well enough to be in it to the end (although that was really just due to Suh).

Sipple's back on the boat:

Nebraska fans certainly deserve better than what they saw Saturday, from both the defense and offense. However, I do think this staff has shown it can produce a conference championship. It's consistently been in the hunt and twice came up just short (2009-10). Just a week or so ago, folks were talking about how NU was poised to move into the national top 10. Remember that?

How close have we been once we didn't have 4-5 future NFL guys (mostly Cally recruits) on the defense? In four years in the mediocre Big 10, we have appeared in ONE title game, and we lost in embarrassing fashion to the #2 team in the Leaders division.

• Fire 2

Nebraska fans certainly deserve better than what they saw Saturday, from both the defense and offense. However, I do think this staff has shown it can produce a conference championship. It's consistently been in the hunt and twice came up just short (2009-10). Just a week or so ago, folks were talking about how NU was poised to move into the national top 10. Remember that?

How close have we been once we didn't have 4-5 future NFL guys (mostly Cally recruits) on the defense? In four years in the mediocre Big 10, we have appeared in ONE title game, and we lost in embarrassing fashion to the #2 team in the Leaders division.

the fact that our best effort was in year 2 and 3 and it is year 7 and we are no closer is all anyone really needs to know.

and were we poised to be in the top ten? seriously, the cfp committee saw through our joke of the schedule. and even if we were, it was only because of the benefit of our schedule.

i'm disappointed in you, sip.

• Fire 1

the fact that our best effort was in year 2 and 3 and it is year 7 and we are no closer is all anyone really needs to know.

and were we poised to be in the top ten? seriously, the cfp committee saw through our joke of the schedule. and even if we were, it was only because of the benefit of our schedule.

i'm disappointed in you, sip.

Bo had a sit down with Sipple and reminded him who he is writing about

Two Rose bowl appearances, one win.

Finishing years in the top ten.

Complete professionalism on and off the field.

The PAC 12 north is really really damn good.

He had a pretty damn good recruiting class last year.

---comparing Bo to him is freaking laughable.

^^^^^^This.

Also, I grow weary of this talk that if Nebraska canned a two to four loss coach that it'll be hard to hire someone good. Are you kidding me? Who is more competitive than a college coach? Not to mention money says a helluva lot more than anything else.

yeah, anyone with half a brain will see what is going on if bo is fired. year 7, blowout losses, creampuff wins, and embarrassing sideline behavior.

It doesn't matter if we blow out Minnesota and Iowa (WE WON'T) or get a bowl win.

From the standpoint of realistically getting someone to replace Bo that is passionate about taking over for a coach that won 9 games for seven straight seasons (because the odds are we'll win one of the next two...notice I said "the odds"), it does matter.

It's a constant state of limbo.

This season is beginning to have a late 2007 feel to it.

+1

He can't be serious. He is talking about NUs discussed (not even actual!) ranking before the Wisconsin game as a defense of Bo?

Goodness. Well, I think we can safely say that Sipple received the message from Pelini to back off.