Blackshirt Update.

Warrior10

This blackshirt crap that has been going on the past few years is non sense and has ruined the tradition. The giving them out before the year, during the year, taking them away, giving them back. It's all bullsh#t. At this point it's a pointless possession.

Agree. The tradition is D E A D. It doesn't mean sh#t anymore and I couldn't care less about it. It got mismanaged by Pelini and that coupled with the numerous years of frankly non-blackshirtesque performances, well it is a thing of the past. Personally I'm tired of hearing about it. The only thing happening with this tradition is that it gets degraded a little bit more every time it is even mentioned anymore. We haven't had real blackshirt defenders for a long, long time. Burn 'em and instead of worrying about the color of a practice jersey learn how to f'ing tackle somebody.

Wouldn't the first thing you would do as a leader is strip these players of their blackshirts and make them earn it once more, instead of just letting them make the decision? Good to see the 7 that didn't wear them today, to me these are players that are wanting to do better. But, Bo should have made the call.

I dont think it should have been Bo taking them away but the Defense Captain should have had his hand out before they left the locker room.

This just goes to show the lack of leadership and the ship has sunk. Bo needs to take control of this thing, but clearly all is lost at this point. You either all wear them or no one does. If one person isnt deserving of a shirt on the starting unit then no one gets them. Its one for all and all for one. Shameful.......im disgusted worse than i was on Saturday. Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse.........

My first thought as well. Leadership would have made a unified showing. Leadership wouldn't have let the D collapse. Where the hell was the yelling and screaming at each other in that game. Watch their body language. Defeta and the deer in the head lights look save for a player or two. I don't give 2 sh!ts about the "lead by example". NU needs some pipe hitting mean MF'ers who get in their own team mates grills and let them no that they screwed up. The guys walk around afraid to get in each others faces. Hell Lewis gets yet another penalty and everyone walks by. Cotton (captain haha) should have grabbed his helmet and schooled him right then and there. TA should have been raising hell about no protection. Yell at Bo for letting a 1 legged AA try to block.....and on and on and on.....Its about an attitude. And we don't have one....Thought we developed that against Miami.............

Coopers Deon Sanders impersonation? The BLACKSHIRTS should have rung his bell right after that. Substandard "silent" leadership is great in the movies. Not on the football field.........

Just saw Sipple tweet this. How can you see your teammates take accountability for Saturday and leave their blackshirts in their lockers and still come out in yours?

Who cares?

Wearing or not wearing a blackshirt has nothing to do with anything. It's not "taking accountability for Saturday." Playing better is taking accountability. Executing better is taking accountability.

Taking off a jersey is easy. If only fixing the defense were that easy.

The person who needs to lose their "blackshirt" is Bo Pelini. He is the one dishonering the tradition of sound, ferocious, effective defense.

Has anyone noticed our lack of tackling ability in our LBs and 2ndary? I've noticed this for 3-4 years now. They are football players not hockey players checking guys into the boards. Mitchell Cooper Davie never wrap up. Makes me sick to watch.

Damian Stafford was the king of no-arm knock-out attempts instead of wrapping up. Looks like Cooper for sure uses the same technique. One would think competent coaches would correct that immediately and permanently, but somehow it goes on year after year after year.