Scott Frost

NUinID

Not interested in Frost because he doesn't have the experience necessary to do the job. Bo didn't work out, he was a coordinator before, time to find someone with head coaching experience to come in here and make this program successful. And for crying out loud can we bring back some power frigging football?!

Yep. We are on the same page.
If Bo doesn't work out, that doesn't mean every coordinator won't. Frost and Bo are different people.Frost's coaching star is rising and I like him better as a head coach than a coordinator. I think he could handle it, surround himself with the right people, build the right culture, and be embraced by everybody at any time.Dan Mullen is probably the hottest prospect in the country right now but I wouldn't be sorry at all to get Frost.

If I gave the impression that I thought Bo and Frost were the same person then I apologize. They are clearly not the same guy at all. (insert sarcasm guy with the sign)

I think maybe I'd be a little more open to someone like Frost coming in if I didn't see the program in the state I believe it's in now. I just think the very core of this football team is shaken mentally. A lot of misplaced focus and energy on a lot of the wrong stuff. Some poor leadership by some. All that aside from just the basic fundamentals like tackling. Add some of the baffling X's and O's this team has been taught and the fact that I just hate the scheme and philosophy on both sides of the ball. I just think we would benefit greatly from the knowledge of a guy who has been there and done it at a high level. Especially when it comes to motivating college kids in the right way.

To be honest, Matt Limegrover is a name I've even thrown around and he's just the offensive coordinator at Minnesota. Choice number one for me would be Tressel. Fantasy land choice would be Jon Gruden or Jack Del Rio. Of course, if areal Rio keeps playing bend don't break defense with my Broncos, then he's going to fall out of favor with me pretty quickly.

1. Jason Peters

2. Mack Brown

3. Darrell Morris

4. Chris Nizzi

5. Will Muschamp

6. Frank Solich

7. Tommie Frazier

8. Carl Pelini

9. Lane Kiffin

10. Charlie Weis

If anyone has a list worse than my top ten, let's see it.

5. Billy Blank the Taebo guy

6. Lane Kiffins Wife

7. Will Muschamp drunk on Tequla

I thought this was supposed to be a "bad" list?

I know many people don't want us to take a chance on Frost, but I would like to see him here. Having a coach who wants to be here, appreciates the fans, traditions, etc., would be a nice change.

I tend to agree but it has to happen in the right way. Bring Frosty in and pay him well but sit him behind an experienced head coach who is looking for a way to retire with glory or at least great dignity, Mac Brown comes to mind, and then in 3/4/5 years when he retires the program is Frosty's, turn it over like Davaney did when he gave the reigns to TO. I know its a dream but there are worse scenarios.

T_O_B

Head Coach: We could probably get Moglia for 1.5 million, McElwain for 2 million or Wittingham for 3 million.

OC: I think Frost would come here for 700-800 thousand. Huge pay raise from what he's making now and a chance to start fresh in his home state. He's worked with some of the best offensive minds in football over the last 20 years. Plus he's a great recruiter.

DC: Would love to lure in a proven power five conference guy for 800 thousand or so, but more realistically we go for someone like Barry Odom who we could probably get for 400-500 thousand. He's already been looked at by a few big programs and his defenses at Memphis have gotten better every single year.

You know who I would like to see here if we lose Bo.

Bret Bielmea, I mean he was what we want our Husker team to look like right. I know he is struggling in Arkansas but he does have a good rushing attack and they did knock of LSU lol.

I thought it was funny when Wisky had a coach with a TigerHawk tattoo but for some reason it would be even funnier for Nebraska to have one.

Not interested in Frost because he doesn't have the experience necessary to do the job. Bo didn't work out, he was a coordinator before, time to find someone with head coaching experience to come in here and make this program successful. And for crying out loud can we bring back some power frigging football?!

Yep. We are on the same page.

If Bo doesn't work out, that doesn't mean every coordinator won't. Frost and Bo are different people.

Frost's coaching star is rising and I like him better as a head coach than a coordinator. I think he could handle it, surround himself with the right people, build the right culture, and be embraced by everybody at any time.

Dan Mullen is probably the hottest prospect in the country right now but I wouldn't be sorry at all to get Frost.

And I think the fact that Frost knows NU and knows the fans, traditions, etc., would work to his favor.

• Fire 1

I just want a guy who is going to bring in a offense like, well hate to say it but Wisconsin, Stanford. I-Form smash mouth football with some throwing formations. I am tired of seeing the spread formations. I mean we can run a uptempo smash mouth brand of ball and wear down teams just like the Oregon's do. Am i wrong?

Actually the offensive style I would like to see is power run with option mix and play action passing. This was Nebraska's bread and butter for about 25 years. It would still work today. You could throw in some zone read if you want to also.

Osborne initially ran more of a pro style offense. Vince Ferragamo was a product of that offense and he went on to lead the '79 Rams to the Superbowl. People conveniently forget that Osborne didn't always run a power run offense. Heck, people conveniently forget that we didn't run the option every play.

Honestly, I couldn't care less what offense we run as long as it can compete with everyone we play. On the other hand, if I could install any offense I chose, I would install a balanced attack. Something in the neighborhood of 40/60 - 60/40 run/pass. To many times even during Osborne's tenure our run heavy offense was shut down by teams stacking the box. A balanced offense keeps the defense honest.

If find it irritating when people don't consider different options just because they want a return to how we did things in the past. Sometimes things change, sometimes they stay the same.

I'm not in the Frost camp. He hasn't proven anything to me that would warrant him becoming the HC of Nebraska.

I think he might make an excellent HC. He has done well in football at every level, HS, D-1, the pros and now in coaching. He has a very good track record.

And he has done nothing to convince me he would fail after stepping up to HC.

• Fire 1

And I think the fact that Frost knows NU and knows the fans, traditions, etc., would work to his favor.

As a former, successful defensive coordinator for NU, Pelini knew the fans, traditions, etc.

Didn't end up meaning anything at all.

Pelini coached at NU for 1 year prior to being hired after Callahan's departure. Scott Frost grew up in Nebraska and played for Nebraska during the championship years. I'd say Frost is far more qualified when it comes to knowing the fans and traditions of NU.

And I don't know how successful I'd call him as a DC in 2003. He had 3 pretty bad losses that year to Missouri (41-21), Texas (31 - 7) and KSU (38 - 9).

• Fire 2