Would losses to Minnesota, Iowa, and the bowl game get us a new coach at 8-5?

I love how people always claim that coaches will be scared off if we fire Bo. Yet, 90% of the schools in the SEC are firing their head coaches every other day of the week, but they never have trouble filling the vacancies.

Any coach above pee-wee level knows that, if you can't win the big games, then you need to go. Simple as that. I'm not sure why we are so emotionally invested in our coach, especially when he has scarcely been invested in us. Get rid of the guy.

And most coaches are smart enough to know that nine wins doesn't really mean that much with our schedule.

I just don't see much of a drop off as long as we're playing in the Big10, there is always going to be a serving of five or six real cupcakes when you combine our out of conference and conference. A coach really only has to win two or three against marginal competetion to reach nine wins.

• Fire 2

Brian Cole, a Michigan commit, is visiting tomorrow because of the uncertainty surrounding Hoke. There's not nearly as much uncertainty surrounding Pelini.....as much as some would like to think there is.

Talk like this would have kept Callahan here because Gabbert and Jonas Gray were already committed.

• Fire 1

Brian Cole, a Michigan commit, is visiting tomorrow because of the uncertainty surrounding Hoke. There's not nearly as much uncertainty surrounding Pelini.....as much as some would like to think there is.

Talk like this would have kept Callahan here because Gabbert and Jonas Gray were already committed.

The ultimatum Osborne gave Callahan was public knowledge as soon as Osborne was named AD.....mid season. It was no mystery to recruits. And I don't think our current coaching situation is a mystery to recruits. I believe they know Pelini is likely returning.

The ultimatum Osborne gave Callahan was public knowledge as soon as Osborne was named AD.....mid season. It was no mystery to recruits. And I don't think our current coaching situation is a mystery to recruits. I believe they know Pelini is likely returning.

I can only imagine the damage that knowledge is doing.

I blame Pedersen...the guy fires a 9 win coach with significant improvement and a revamped staff. Don't think that doesn't weigh on the boosters minds. I'm sure TO is reminding them of this as well. Yeah we'll probably win 9 games again but our 9 wins have been against 1 respectable team and a bunch of nobodies.

Here's the perception about firing Solich around the country:

"Whaaaa? They fired a guy who's coming off a nine win season?!?"

Here's the perception about firing Bo around the country:

"Why haven't they fired this clown yet?"

See the difference? ;)

Hey I'm not arguing with it. I'm just wondering if this isn't causing pause with some Boosters. Kinda like the chiefs never drafting a quarterback again after being burned by Todd Blackledge back in the 80's!