Would losses to Minnesota, Iowa, and the bowl game get us a new coach at 8-5?

Would this get the ball rolling? Because from what I'm reading a lot of Huskers want a change. We have fired every coach since Osborne. Its crazy.

If they didn't fire him last year they aren't going to fire him this year. Which tells me his boss should be fired, too.

Let's not forget a big reason Pelini is still here is support from Osborne also.

Would this get the ball rolling? Because from what I'm reading a lot of Huskers want a change. We have fired every coach since Osborne. Its crazy.

If they didn't fire him last year they aren't going to fire him this year. Which tells me his boss should be fired, too.

Let's not forget a big reason Pelini is still here is support from Osborne also.

Probably. I don't see him going. Even if they lose the next 2.

I think it's moot, though. I expect there's no way we will do worse than 9-3, and I think 10-2 is still in the cards. I mean, it's Iowa you guys. And Minny.

Not sure if serious.

but W's are W's and it's going to look fine. 11-2 would actually be a pretty solid step forward.

It will only look fine to someone who wakes up from a year long coma and looks at the standings in the newspaper.

The thing that gets me goes back to a conversation I had with a coworker the other day - he said he used to be on the fire Bo bandwagon, but says that winning 9-to-10 games a year is very difficult in college football and he accepts the job Bo is doing.

I was just the opposite, where I was never on the fire Bo bandwagon and now I'm leaning more towards it. My biggest concern is that Nebraska simply can't continue getting blown out on the biggest stages. No coach should last at Nebraska if he's not winning conference titles and not winning big games, and I don't think that's unrealistic expectation. This is a championship winning program, but, we're closer to being a 5-or-6 six loss team every year than we are a 1-to-2 loss team imho.

• Fire 3

The thing that gets me goes back to a conversation I had with a coworker the other day - he said he used to be on the fire Bo bandwagon, but says that winning 9-to-10 games a year is very difficult in college football and he accepts the job Bo is doing.

I was just the opposite, where I was never on the fire Bo bandwagon and now I'm leaning more towards it. My biggest concern is that Nebraska simply can't continue getting blown out on the biggest stages. No coach should last at Nebraska if he's not winning conference titles and not winning big games, and I don't think that's unrealistic expectation. This is a championship winning program, but, we're closer to being a 5-or-6 six loss team every year than we are a 1-to-2 loss team imho.

I'm on your side of that one. I was never clamoring for change until last Saturday's debacle.

The number of wins are kind of irrelevant if the victories don't resonate in your mind long after they are over. The losses are what have stuck with Husker fans the last 2-3 years. New teams, new opponents, same results.

He begged to be fired last year after Iowa. Didn't happen. Won't happen this year either.

This is why I slowly am caring less and less about NU Football. Our administration and BOR don't feel like striving for greatness. You too Dr Tom, you made a bad hire in Bo. Get over it we don't hold it against you and you gave this program more than enough that Bo won't even be a blemish on your resume

• Fire 1

He begged to be fired last year after Iowa. Didn't happen. Won't happen this year either.

This is why I slowly am caring less and less about NU Football. Our administration and BOR don't feel like striving for greatness. You too Dr Tom, you made a bad hire in Bo. Get over it we don't hold it against you and you gave this program more than enough that Bo won't even be a blemish on your resume

SE wanted to get rid of him, it was all about the $$$$ that kept him hear. The extention that Tom gave him before he stepped down is really screwing us right now. Not to mention that Tom protected him and still has the boosters ears and therefore controls the $$$$. I am with you, if he allows SE to do his job and we find our first competent HC since Tom retired, people won't care that he made two bad HC hires in Frank and Bo.

SE wanted to get rid of him, it was all about the $$$$ that kept him hear. The extention that Tom gave him before he stepped down is really screwing us right now. Not to mention that Tom protected him and still has the boosters ears and therefore controls the $$$$. I am with you, if he allows SE to do his job and we find our first competent HC since Tom retired, people won't care that he made two bad HC hires in Frank and Bo.

The "extension" Tom gave him was the exact same 1 year bump we've done every year, and that almost every big program does annually. Money isn't the issue, nor is the contract. It's the big boy boosters.

Money is NOT the reason we didn't fire Bo last year. The one thing this Athletic Department does not lack is money.

If he doesn't win 9 games this year, I think that's the plateau that both he (and apparently, KB) has set. Just like he set the championship plateau - for himself.

But not winning 9 games would def give SE an out to whack the guy.

Don't think it's gonna happen, though. I fully expect Bo to pull stuff out his butt like he does every year, since he's in "Fickle Fan" mode right now.