"Our national perception is better than our local one"

NUpolo8

Bo is so delusional it's insane. I think he honestly blames the fans and local media for the absence of championships during his time here. The worst part is that it has trickled down to the coaching staff and the players, who view the fans with contempt. Kenny Bell is the poster child for this. Remember when Kenny insinuated their was a local media conspiracy against the Husker football program because they dared to celebrate the basketball team's success while questioning the football program's blowout losses?

I'm not only becoming sick and tired of Bo and his staff of nepotic sycophants, but also by many of his his whine-too-much, Stockolm Syndromed players. The whole team needs a serious attitude adjustment and dose of reality.

• Fire 4

You venture off this board -- or even visit this board a week ago -- and the Husker narrative is that Angry Bo is an unfair creation of a national media that craves negative stories.

It's an overly simplisitc view of the man, but it's hardly wrong. We'd have a field day mocking Bo Pelini if he coached a rival team.

Especially if his anger was impotent. And that's where we are right now. Bo simply doesn't prove the national media wrong.

My 11 year old son knows how much Nebraska football means to me. During the Wisconsin game he turns to me and says: "I'm sorry Dad. I just don't like that coach." From the other room, his Mom agreed.

Not a huge or relevant sample size, but a hard opinion to ignore.

• Fire 1

I got a chuckle the other night when Danny Kanell (sp) actually stated on air that the ACC was the worst power 5 conference.

He was right.

When the B1G poster boy team gets owned at home by one of the bottom third ACC teams, I'm not sure I see it. We should probably look at signature wins here as reference. What signature win does Ohio State have? Oh, they have Michigan State. What signature win does Michigan State have? This is where we have to put Nebraska. Now, the question really is are we a quality opponent and should Michigan State be able to use us as a signature win? If so, then there's entirely too many threads about needing a change in direction. Ohio State nearly got beat by Penn State. The question really is whether the B1G really even has a very good team?

I'm not going to go on and on why the ACC is better than the B1G. They have the only undefeated team in the top 10, and returning NC winner. They get bonus points for this. I'd say the rest of the ACC is on par with the B1G, but the B1G doesn't really have that top team like the ACC does.

I got a chuckle the other night when Danny Kanell (sp) actually stated on air that the ACC was the worst power 5 conference.

He was right.

When the B1G poster boy team gets owned at home by one of the bottom third ACC teams, I'm not sure I see it. We should probably look at signature wins here as reference. What signature win does Ohio State have? Oh, they have Michigan State. What signature win does Michigan State have? This is where we have to put Nebraska. Now, the question really is are we a quality opponent and should Michigan State be able to use us as a signature win? If so, then there's entirely too many threads about needing a change in direction. Ohio State nearly got beat by Penn State. The question really is whether the B1G really even has a very good team?

I'm not going to go on and on why the ACC is better than the B1G. They have the only undefeated team in the top 10, and returning NC winner. They get bonus points for this. I'd say the rest of the ACC is on par with the B1G, but the B1G doesn't really have that top team like the ACC does.

If OSU played VT again, they'd win by 4 touchdowns. Right now, I'd probably take Ohio State over FSU too. The rest of that conference is complete garbage. Top to bottom, the B1G is better than the ACC.

He was right.

If OSU played VT again, they'd win by 4 touchdowns. Right now, I'd probably take Ohio State over FSU too. The rest of that conference is complete garbage. Top to bottom, the B1G is better than the ACC.

How is this relevant to Nebraska being a national punch line after getting stomped by Wisconsin again?

• Fire 1

He was right.

How is this relevant to Nebraska being a national punch line after getting stomped by Wisconsin again?

Wait... are you really coming at me for a slightly off topic post in a thread?

Really????

• Fire 2

He was right.

Really????

Thank you for admitting you were bringing up something completely unrelated to the discussion for an unknown reason.

He was right.

Really????

Thank you for admitting you were bringing up something completely unrelated to the discussion for an unknown reason.

Actually, I was responding to a previous comment that was bringing up something completely unrelated to the discussion for an unknown reason.

But thanks for trying.

• Fire 2