*** The Official Minnesota Golden Gophers Game Discussion Thread ***

knapplc

Shouldn't we collectively tip our hats to the Gophers? They came into our house and hit us in the mouth. In the end, they beat us. We should respect that.

We had like a10-14 point lead most the game so idk about them hitting us in the mouth..we just sh** our britches again and couldnt do anything in the second half. It was a combo of poor play calling (offense and defense), some players not taking care of the ball, etc.

Shouldn't we collectively tip our hats to the Gophers? They came into our house and hit us in the mouth. In the end, they beat us. We should respect that.

I don't think anyone is disrespecting the Gophers and what they've done--I've said ever since Minny hired Kill that the B1G would need to watch out, because he's a winner. Hell, if his medical concerns weren't a significant issue, I'd say we go after Kill.

But this game was more about what the staff and kids didn't do, versus what Minnesota did, to be honest. This game should have been 28-7 going into the half, and with Nebraska making it at least 31-7 before Minny got the ball back.

I know this horse has been beat to death, but Matthew, I agree. I'm just really disappointed that we're the ones on the receiving end of the punches and not the delivering end. It's been that way for the better part of Bo's regime and it speaks to the mental toughness of the team. I feel like there's not trust between the two units that they'll hold yup their end and it negatively affects them both.

This poor team is too flawed. Time to start over. Thanks for your efforts Bo. Best of luck.

Chill boys and girls. Yes it sucks but we will recover. Don't forget that.

Not entirely sure I believe that...

Okay-- how about this-- "Chill out boys and girls. Yes, it sucks, but we will grow more accustomed to this sort of thing and it won't be a big deal anymore. We won't even play 'remember when and how do we get back to that?' any more because it will be like talking about bringing our favorite dog back to life and sound crazy. Someday, we'll be a trivia question, and when people hear the answer, they'll say 'oh yeah, Nebraska used to be good, I forgot about that.' So just hold out a little longer!"