Coaching Prospects Poll

New Head Coach  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Give me Bielema. Then David Shaw. Then Jerry Kill. Top 3 for me.

They just play downhill smash mouth football we need to get back to. Its easy to recruit this type of offense to a northern Midwestern state than the spread option.

In a perfect world I would want Bielema to recruit every cattle barn and corn silosilo in Nebraska looking for those mammoths to control the line then pound it down teams' throats all day. Play Nebraska football.

• Joe Moglia is too old. Basically guarantees we're doing this again in 5 years.

Bielema seems unlikely to come here and if you think Bo rubs people the wrong way then we're really in for something.

Tressel likely isn't coming here, but he's probably the most realistic of anyone that would qualify as a "fantasy" option.

Scott Frost is a bad hire, IMO. His resume is less impressive than Pelini's was at the end of 07. Not saying he couldn't do better than Pelini, but I don't see any indicator that he definitely would. Also, being a former QB for us is not a qualification.

Bronco leaving BYU seems really unlikely. Devout Mormon leaving every Mormon football coaches' dream job just doesn't seem realistic. That said, Bronco coming to Nebraska is the stuff wet dreams are made of. If he's an option than sign me up.

I'm really high on Hudspeth, personally.

Coach Osborne came from within the system, was part of the development of the system he took over. Totally different. Plus I think he was groomed from day one to take over the program. Not saying there are not people out there that could, but we need a home run. I like the chances of a proven slugger than a first time player. No more chances, experienced college head coach, not an nfl guy. Totally different deal. Needs to know management, budget, recruiting and have ties to areas of recruitment. Capable of delegating authority and standing behind those that make the decisions. Let them do their job, no micro management.

• Joe Moglia is too old. Basically guarantees we're doing this again in 5 years.
  • Bielema seems unlikely to come here and if you think Bo rubs people the wrong way then we're really in for something.
  • Tressel likely isn't coming here, but he's probably the most realistic of anyone that would qualify as a "fantasy" option.
  • Scott Frost is a bad hire, IMO. His resume is less impressive than Pelini's was at the end of 07. Not saying he couldn't do better than Pelini, but I don't see any indicator that he definitely would. Also, being a former QB for us is not a qualification.
  • Bronco leaving BYU seems really unlikely. Devout Mormon leaving every Mormon football coaches' dream job just doesn't seem realistic. That said, Bronco coming to Nebraska is the stuff wet dreams are made of. If he's an option than sign me up.
  • I'm really high on Hudspeth, personally.

nebraskacity?

• Fire 2

• Bielema seems unlikely to come here and if you think Bo rubs people the wrong way then we're really in for something.
  • Tressel likely isn't coming here, but he's probably the most realistic of anyone that would qualify as a "fantasy" option.
  • Scott Frost is a bad hire, IMO. His resume is less impressive than Pelini's was at the end of 07. Not saying he couldn't do better than Pelini, but I don't see any indicator that he definitely would. Also, being a former QB for us is not a qualification.
  • Bronco leaving BYU seems really unlikely. Devout Mormon leaving every Mormon football coaches' dream job just doesn't seem realistic. That said, Bronco coming to Nebraska is the stuff wet dreams are made of. If he's an option than sign me up.
  • I'm really high on Hudspeth, personally.

nebraskacity?

Thought the same thing...

I think getting a successful coach out of the SEC West is going to be tough. Money will be a very large factor, and with the SEC/ESPN deal money is not going to be a problem for them. I think he is set there for awhile. But would have no problem with him coming here either. You know your job if you can win in that conference. Most expected them to be good this year, just not as good as they turned out.

I think getting a successful coach out of the SEC West is going to be tough. Money will be a very large factor, and with the SEC/ESPN deal money is not going to be a problem for them. I think he is set there for awhile. But would have no problem with him coming here either. You know your job if you can win in that conference. Most expected them to be good this year, just not as good as they turned out.

I wonder... SEC West and your not at LSU, Alabama or Auburn.