Coaching Prospects Poll

New Head Coach  

177 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What about PJ fleck?

1-11 first season, up to 8 wins so far this season. Young energetic guy. Has fun instead of yelling. Went to NIU so he's familiar with the region. Granted he's an offensive coach, but still.

I like him also. Check out Justin Fuente. He is the HC at Memphis but was the OC at TCU and groomed Andy Dalton and Casey Paschall.

What about PJ fleck?

1-11 first season, up to 8 wins so far this season. Young energetic guy. Has fun instead of yelling. Went to NIU so he's familiar with the region. Granted he's an offensive coach, but still.

I like him also. Check out Justin Fuente. He is the HC at Memphis but was the OC at TCU and groomed Andy Dalton and Casey Paschall.
think fuente would bring chase Rome?

God what the hell is with everyone's boner towards previous head coaching experience?

These guys didn't have head coaching experience when they got hired:

Bob Stoops

Jimbo Fisher

Mark Dantonio

Mark Helfrich

David Shaw

Dan Mullen

Mark Richt

Gary Patterson

Bill Snyder

Dabo Swinney

These guys did have previous head coaching experience before their current or last jobs

Mike Leach

Tommy Tuberville

BO PELINI

Lane Kiffen

Bret Bielema

Gene Chizik

Charlie Weis

Tim Beckman

Dan Hawkins

What about PJ fleck?

Fleck is gonna have alot of trouble finding a job at any big school.

It's become a running joke among WMU fans about his habits with women around campus. And yes, Fleck is a married man.

But we employed Carl Pelini, so .. :dunno

I went wt Mullen. If he can turn a MSU around into a national contender while in the SEC, he could bring those SEC recruiting ties to NU and turn us around. I originally thought of Tressel. But his ethics seem to be in question everywhere he goes. I could only see him as a bridge coach - until coaching in waiting Frost takes over in 3 years. The same is true of Moglia - the thought of him mentoring Frost as coach in waiting would be intriguing as well - as has been proposed on other threads. But both Moglia and Tressel would be an experiment in some ways - so I'd prefer Mullen who's done it in the toughest conf and division in college football. Not sure why he would want to leave the SEC????

God what the hell is with everyone's boner towards previous head coaching experience?

These guys didn't have head coaching experience when they got hired:

Bob Stoops

Jimbo Fisher

Mark Dantonio

Mark Helfrich

David Shaw

Dan Mullen

Mark Richt

Gary Patterson

Bill Snyder

Dabo Swinney

These guys did have previous head coaching experience before their current or last jobs

Mike Leach

Tommy Tuberville

BO PELINI

Lane Kiffen

Bret Bielema

Gene Chizik

Charlie Weis

Tim Beckman

Dan Hawkins

Dantonio was a HC at Cincinnati before Michigan State. Bo had one game as an interim HC, not remotely the same. Those are also garbage candidates on the previous HC list too.