The Sock Puppet Rides!

Does it seem possible, or even probable that the way Eichorst is going about this is that Bo is on his list of potential coaches next year. By this I mean, he has a list of 3 or 4 coaches he would fire Bo to hire. But if he pursues those options to no avail, then he retains Bo. This could be a reason why there hasn't been a statement or support or a firing yet.

Here's my take after reading and hearing everything: Either Bo is out....Or he is staying and getting some new coordinators. I can't see this staff staying intact. If current staff stays....this administration is at fault...Aaaaand the Big Red Koolaid will be tasting like complete sh#t going into next year....

Well the only common denominator between all three failures is Harvey Perlman. If Bo stays, there might be a full scale purge by 2016.

What failures? dramatically increasing the University's endowment during his tenure? increasing its prestige and ranking among other universities? overseeing a dramatic expansion in the academic and athletic facilities on campus? shepherding nebraska through conference realignment and landing in the Big 10? sure, nobody is happy that the huskers were boat run twice in 3 years by wisconsin, beat by minnesota on senior day, and haven't won a conference title or been to a meaningful bowl game in 13 years, but i completely disagree that Harvey Perlman is the failure here. don't look at simply from the narrow view of husker football. the only way harvey perlman gets purged is if he sodomizes each regent's grandmother while simultaneously pouring sugar in their gas tanks. you can bank that last prediction. compared to the bs rumors that are appearing in this thread mine is golden.

I can quote Clerks too.

Solich, Callahan, Bo

Couple that with Nebraska losing it's AAU status, himself, a lawyer negotiating DOWN the big ten payout to NU, and a complete willing to whore the universities reputation as an academic school out to a reality show starring Tommy Lee, Perlman ain't as safe as some think. Especially if the BOR gets refreshed a bit.

the only reason perlman hasnt been forced into retirement is cuz they dont wanna be messin with replacing a president and chancellor at the same time. Just somethin ive heard.

Does it seem possible, or even probable that the way Eichorst is going about this is that Bo is on his list of potential coaches next year. By this I mean, he has a list of 3 or 4 coaches he would fire Bo to hire. But if he pursues those options to no avail, then he retains Bo. This could be a reason why there hasn't been a statement or support or a firing yet.

Holy Bob Devaney's ghost! I hope that's not the case. The feelers should've been out last year already. Hopefully they've had a short list of "realistic" candidates they know NU can buy. At the end of the day it boils down to "show me the money"

In the now or new era of college football...loyalty, tradition, TO or the best fans in college football sales pitch doesn't work anymore.

As kids we were taught if you see something you want..work hard, save your pennies and go get it.

Well hopefully Shawn has been doing his homework while the boosters have been saving up their pennies.

If we are making a change the wheels better be turning. If they're spinning right now we stuck! and SOL!

Heard a rumor on another board that Bo stays because coaches deem Nebraska as a bad job to have. That nebraska could get someone but not a splash hire. Would Eichorst make a move just to get new blood? I am not saying I believe this rumor but I did read it.

Also heard Tressell as hc with frost as oc/coach in waiting. Plus he would coach games Tressell couldn't.

I have to think if they fire Bo that they have to have a coach ready to go. We can't have another Callahan debacle. We need that splash hire.

Heard a rumor on another board that Bo stays because coaches deem Nebraska as a bad job to have. That nebraska could get someone but not a splash hire. Would Eichorst make a move just to get new blood? I am not saying I believe this rumor but I did read it.

Also heard Tressell as hc with frost as oc/coach in waiting. Plus he would coach games Tressell couldn't.

I have to think if they fire Bo that they have to have a coach ready to go. We can't have another Callahan debacle. We need that splash hire.

NU isn't a bad job it is a walk in the park to the CCG with a shot at the playoff. You won't find many easier paths currently

• Fire 2

NU isn't a bad job it is a walk in the park to the CCG with a shot at the playoff. You won't find many easier paths currently

I think that is the problem though. Coaches from other teams pay attention to what is going on with other programs and it wouldn't surprise me if some thought Nebraska would be a bad gamble to try, especially with what is going on with Bo.

I am all for change but don't think we can make a splash hire. It will be someone from a smaller school that is having success.

I think that is the problem though. Coaches from other teams pay attention to what is going on with other programs and it wouldn't surprise me if some thought Nebraska would be a bad gamble to try, especially with what is going on with Bo.

I am all for change but don't think we can make a splash hire. It will be someone from a smaller school that is having success.

Eh if we open up the wallet we can get a splash hire

I'm no fan of silent Shawn of Lincoln. I do believe there is something to socks source though. Your right. Either Shawn is sticking his head in the sand or he is doing things very close to the vest right now. With vest bein the optional word. I have zero info. No sources just a gut feeling that Tressell is a big enough name who is in need of redemption. If they paired him with Frost the masses who hate Tressell will love frost and the people who don't want frost as a hc due to no experience would have a true hc to teach him. I think it is an off chance but interesting.