The Sock Puppet Rides!

i wonder if an annoucement is being delayed becasue of the games being played today and the possibility of a possible replacement still coaching his team and eichorst not wanting to interfere with the coach.

also remember bo saying that he was wanting to go home and enjoy some turkey with his wife and kids. give him that day and then tomorrow or monday is soon enough.

have not heard any other coaching decisions yet...no big hurry....make sure everything is done right.

Yea. This is what I was wondering as well.

Could it be an announcement won't happen until after the bowl game?

i wonder if an annoucement is being delayed becasue of the games being played today and the possibility of a possible replacement still coaching his team and eichorst not wanting to interfere with the coach.

also remember bo saying that he was wanting to go home and enjoy some turkey with his wife and kids. give him that day and then tomorrow or monday is soon enough.

have not heard any other coaching decisions yet...no big hurry....make sure everything is done right.

Again you create so much negative recruiting against our staff if you do that. If you keep Bo you announce your support in a press release today in the AM.

Just having a beer at the bar and an older fellow that originates from Lincoln told a few of us that Bo isn't getting fired. He has agreed that his OC should be replaced and a few other assistants.

Take it for what it's worth, this guy grew up in Lincoln, has had great season tickets forever and is a part of one of the fancier clubs down there. He also was correct about Solich getting fired several years back. Must know someone...

This is what I have heard from three separate people on this site including the sock.

One person explained that the AD and boosters wanted Bo gone, but wanted to have their ducks in a row with a replacement before they made it public knowledge, so they've kept it under wraps as much as possible from EVERYONE, because if they cant find a candidate they will keep Bo and want him happy. Sounds elementary in explaining it with those particular words, but also matches up with a lot of people explaining that they haven't heard a peep when they usually would.

Another person told me that there was a meeting on Monday and it was decided that Bo is out, and cited Harbaugh and Tressel as the top two candidates.

Then, the sock puppet said the same thing, and the other said they aren't the sock puppet.

This is mostly worthless but it's discussion.

• Fire 3

Just having a beer at the bar and an older fellow that originates from Lincoln told a few of us that Bo isn't getting fired. He has agreed that his OC should be replaced and a few other assistants.

Take it for what it's worth, this guy grew up in Lincoln, has had great season tickets forever and is a part of one of the fancier clubs down there. He also was correct about Solich getting fired several years back. Must know someone...

Why hasn't SE released a statement yet then? Doesn't make sense

Just checked for sure, the last statement was Sat. after the Iowa loss.

"My approach has always been to not comment publicly about our coaches until their full seasons are complete, as I strongly believe it is unfair and counter to best practices. However, given the volume of unfounded speculation and conjecture about our head football coach, I want to reaffirm what I have said many times since I have arrived at the University of Nebraska -- that I positively respect, appreciate and support our football student-athletes, coaches and staff, as we do everyone in the Husker family. We very much look forward to our upcoming bowl game and Coach Pelini continuing to lead our program in the future."

http://www.cornnation.com/2013/11/30/5160140/shawn-eichorst-statement-support-bo-pelini-nebraska

Again you create so much negative recruiting against our staff if you do that. If you keep Bo you announce your support in a press release today in the AM.

Makes sense

Why hasn't SE released a statement yet then? Doesn't make sense

Does every school release a statement of support at the end of the season? Eichorst has said before he likes to stay behind the scenes. Maybe he doesn't think he needs to issue one after he did last year.