The Sock Puppet Rides!

Serious question about Boosters. How much pull do they really have anymore? I mean universities counted on their donations to run programs but a place like NU is pretty flush every year and with TV contracts getting more lucrative along with apparel, etc, it just seems that they shouldn't have as much power as they used to.

They still have tremendous pull at most schools. Even with the other revenue sources for the athletic programs, their money still carries weight because they are counted on to fund non-sport projects - new libraries, labs, other capital investments. If they aren't happy, they threaten to withhold funding for those projects. It's those projects that need the boosters.
  • Fire 1

I read this whole damn thread and came away with nothing! Even worse, I am lost and have no idea what sock puppet means, I looked it up and it says "an online identity used for purposes of deception". So why would one want to have the name "sock puppet"? [/size]

I was hoping to catch a word or two or rumors as to who we might be replacing Bo with, but nothing!

Oh well, I will wait like the rest of you and hope there is a change before I make the decision on giving up my tickets for next year! The Minn game was the first home game I missed in as long as I can remember!

I could envision a scenario where Bo is told he needs to make coordinator changes to try to spark this program and him not wanting to fire his guys. Thus it only leaves one option. Imo Bo won't fire anyone. He's too loyal and too stubborn to act like they are the problem. He will continue to point the finger. If we stick with the same sh#t we won't do better than 9 wins a year.

The Sock ain't into trashin' folks but I'll say that I hope the next HC of our great program remembers that the Husker nation is built on people. Little people that nobody don't know. Take those people for granted, yell at em', belittle em' and fail to appreciate their passion and genuine love for the Huskers and you will eventually be the captain of an empty ship. When folks don't got your back, you won't last long.

Here's to a better future.

Go Big Red!

Amen brother.....This thread is great. Hoping for the news today or Monday. Need some hope for a brighter future.

The Sock was just yappin' about no new info... But then a source started to talk to the Sock.

Evidently, the timeline is a bit slower on the Presser. Lookin' like maybe tomorrow. The Source says that the longer it drags out, the more likely it is that Bo's going to be replaced.

The Sock distributes as The Sock receives.

Sock out!

Like a kid in the candy store. Too excited