The Sock Puppet Rides!

Serious question about Boosters. How much pull do they really have anymore? I mean universities counted on their donations to run programs but a place like NU is pretty flush every year and with TV contracts getting more lucrative along with apparel, etc, it just seems that they shouldn't have as much power as they used to.

Might be why they left "it up to SE"?

• Fire 1

Things will be changing soon. Bo will be fired this weekend, most likely tomorrow.

That would be great.

It has been said that SE has complete control of this decision now. The boosters and university officials have given him the reins.

The sock don't know nothin' on his own, just repeatin' what's been said. That said, the peeps talkin' to The Sock is solid. Time will tell...

Sure hope so.

The Sock ain't into trashin' folks but I'll say that I hope the next HC of our great program remembers that the Husker nation is built on people. Little people that nobody don't know. Take those people for granted, yell at em', belittle em' and fail to appreciate their passion and genuine love for the Huskers and you will eventually be the captain of an empty ship. When folks don't got your back, you won't last long.

Here's to a better future.

Go Big Red!

• Fire 1

The powers that be are restless and the giants of the Husker Football universe are meeting. The Sock Puppet's peeps are saying that the top targets are Harbaugh and Tressel. The Iowa game result isn't relevant in their eyes. The wheels of change are moving...

Sock out! Peace my Husker brothers.

Which Harbaugh? The NFL rumor mill has been dropping hints that John may be entertaining offers at the collegiate level.

(Also: blackshirt98, is that you?)

The powers that be are restless and the giants of the Husker Football universe are meeting. The Sock Puppet's peeps are saying that the top targets are Harbaugh and Tressel. The Iowa game result isn't relevant in their eyes. The wheels of change are moving...

Which Harbaugh? The NFL rumor mill has been dropping hints that John may be entertaining offers at the collegiate level.

Wouldn't it be awesome if both came to the B1G?

Bad news, it's Jack, the father, with his 116–95–3 record at Western Michigan and Western Kentucky. And he's 75.

Jim. The San Fran powers and him butt heads. He's a Michigan guy so that would be the most likely spot for him to land. If we fire a 9 win Bo, it's pretty apparent we would open the checkbook and go after a proven coach.

Jim. The San Fran powers and him butt heads. He's a Michigan guy so that would be the most likely spot for him to land. If we fire a 9 win Bo, it's pretty apparent we would open the checkbook and go after a proven coach.

Jim's going to be tough to land, especially with his ties to Michigan. I'm a 49er fan, but I'm definitely not one of the fans who's been clamoring to see him get the big ugly axe. That said, if he does (and he almost certainly will), if Nebraska could somehow lure him away from Michigan and make the hire it'd be an early Christmas for me. Just seems like Michigan has a big leg up on us though.