The Sock Puppet Rides!

I would guess that at the very least...Bo's status as Head Coach is in limbo right now.

If the intent is to keep him...then for recruiting purposes a statement of support should have been issued

Recruits don't need a press release. And Bussey reaffirmed his commitment after the Wisconsin loss.

You might want to use a different recruit as your example. Bussey reaffirmed only after his season ended due to injury, up to that point there was a pretty solid chance he was headed to Tennessee.

At this rate, SE will need to give a statement after every season until the end of time. If he isn't firing Bo, he need not say anything.

Have offensive lineman who literally are incapable of doing anything other than false starting, falling backwards, or watching defenders run past them.
They're quite adept at running into each other instead of blocking someone, as well.

Chaddy's article said SE declined an OWH request to comment on Bo Saturday. Intredasting....

Yep. Read that as well. SE would likely have given Bo an endorsement if there was one to give...... Something is brewing and we should get an answer very soon.

Heard a rumor on another board that Bo stays because coaches deem Nebraska as a bad job to have. That nebraska could get someone but not a splash hire. Would Eichorst make a move just to get new blood? I am not saying I believe this rumor but I did read it.

Also heard Tressell as hc with frost as oc/coach in waiting. Plus he would coach games Tressell couldn't.

I have to think if they fire Bo that they have to have a coach ready to go. We can't have another Callahan debacle. We need that splash hire.

I could get behind that. Just curious to why Tressel "couldn't" coach certain games?

Heard a rumor on another board that Bo stays because coaches deem Nebraska as a bad job to have. That nebraska could get someone but not a splash hire. Would Eichorst make a move just to get new blood? I am not saying I believe this rumor but I did read it.

Also heard Tressell as hc with frost as oc/coach in waiting. Plus he would coach games Tressell couldn't.

I have to think if they fire Bo that they have to have a coach ready to go. We can't have another Callahan debacle. We need that splash hire.

I could get behind that. Just curious to why Tressel "couldn't" coach certain games?

He has a five year show cause imposed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show-cause_penalty

He has a five year show cause imposed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Show-cause_penalty

I knew about the show-cause but didn't know this:

If he gets another head coaching job before then, he will have to sit out the first five games of the first regular season of his return, as well as any postseason games (including conference championship games and bowl games

Thanks

And after reading all that, I'm not sure Tressel will be the next HC

I would guess that at the very least...Bo's status as Head Coach is in limbo right now.

If the intent is to keep him...then for recruiting purposes a statement of support should have been issued

Recruits don't need a press release. And Bussey reaffirmed his commitment after the Wisconsin loss.

That's not what we heard last year. All the Bo apologists and coaches were crying about how Eichorst's silence was making it even harder for the coaches to recruit. So either Bo & Co. were lying last year, or a statement on Bo's status is warranted.

Just because it was one way last year doesn't mean it's that way this year. With the additional resources dedicated to recruiting this past offseason, Eichorst became much more involved with recruiting. There has not been a peep of concern from a recruit, other than when Bussey wavered then reaffirmed.

That's not what we heard last year. All the Bo apologists and coaches were crying about how Eichorst's silence was making it even harder for the coaches to recruit. So either Bo & Co. were lying last year, or a statement on Bo's status is warranted.

Just because it was one way last year doesn't mean it's that way this year. With the additional resources dedicated to recruiting this past offseason, Eichorst became much more involved with recruiting. There has not been a peep of concern from a recruit, other than when Bussey wavered then reaffirmed.

So this years recruits are, across the board, more solid to NU than last years? Are you next going to tell me we'd lose a bunch of recruits if we fire Bo? Can't have it both ways.