The Sock Puppet Rides!

Rumors that Tressel is the new HC for a 5 year deal worth $37 million

I don't recommend you

I like to speculate and discuss just as much as anyone. Just because I have heard things from people I trust and people I know where they stand with the program doesn't mean I can't discuss things just like everyone else.

Well it seems every name brought up you automatically shoot down. From a speculation standpoint who do you speculate it will be?

I was never told that it was not Schiano. I just said I'd be mad if it was.

So really you havent been told anything other than "you'll be happy". On top of that you dont have any speculative guesses or contrary to your previous statements you dont like to speculate as to who it will be.

If I was dangling cliffhanger style and only way I could be saved was to name 1 person It'd be: Dan Mullen.

I have not been told it was Dan Mullen.

Now we're getting somewhere. You think he would bounce out of Miss St after the season he has been having? I just find it hard to believe a guy having the type of season he is having in the SEC and all the "advantages" of the SEC would bounce to the B1G.

The "advantages " of the SEC West arer not great for Mr. Mullen. The odds that he puts together another 10-2 year are slim in that division, so he would be cashing in while hes a hot commodity instead of after he loses Prescott and returns to 7-5. Which incidentally is where we will likely be with him as coach

Why would we want a coach that can only win with a Heisman QB at the helm?

I dont think we would which is what my last statement alludes to. Mullen is a bad hire

People who love to tout that coach x "took over a disaster and turned it around" might want to steer clear of saying Mullen is a bad hire.

He'd be one of the potential home runs.

Listen to this:

I ran into the old geezer who told me Bo wasn't getting fired, but both Coordinators are. (obviously wrong)

Here is what he had to say:

Bo had option to stay if he would've fired coordinators, this is a "FACT" according to him.

Also, he claims that his circle is saying Tressel/Frost combo. He said it's happening TONIGHT.

No offense, but him and his "circle" sound like they're making stuff up. A lot of that to go around, times like these.

I read about a "circle" of guys in Lincoln...years ago...they met in the bathroom of a park out on Capital Parkway....wouldn't take advice, info, nor candy from that group.

• Fire 1

Just for grins, a couple of locally famous radio show hosts here in Texas were talking about Nebraska considering Mac Brown. (I kept trying to hear the laughter in the background, but didn't hear any.) Also said Nebraska is not in the South so 16 year old recruits won't want to go play there; therefore, no top coaches would want to work there, either. Guess that's why they suggested Mac Brown.

Rumors that Tressel is the new HC for a 5 year deal worth $37 million

I don't recommend you

I like to speculate and discuss just as much as anyone. Just because I have heard things from people I trust and people I know where they stand with the program doesn't mean I can't discuss things just like everyone else.

Well it seems every name brought up you automatically shoot down. From a speculation standpoint who do you speculate it will be?
I was never told that it was not Schiano. I just said I'd be mad if it was.
So really you havent been told anything other than "you'll be happy". On top of that you dont have any speculative guesses or contrary to your previous statements you dont like to speculate as to who it will be.
If I was dangling cliffhanger style and only way I could be saved was to name 1 person It'd be: Dan Mullen.

I have not been told it was Dan Mullen.

Now we're getting somewhere. You think he would bounce out of Miss St after the season he has been having? I just find it hard to believe a guy having the type of season he is having in the SEC and all the "advantages" of the SEC would bounce to the B1G.

The "advantages " of the SEC West arer not great for Mr. Mullen. The odds that he puts together another 10-2 year are slim in that division, so he would be cashing in while hes a hot commodity instead of after he loses Prescott and returns to 7-5. Which incidentally is where we will likely be with him as coach

Why would we want a coach that can only win with a Heisman QB at the helm?

I dont think we would which is what my last statement alludes to. Mullen is a bad hire

People who love to tout that coach x "took over a disaster and turned it around" might want to steer clear of saying Mullen is a bad hire.

He'd be one of the potential home runs.

No he wouldn't...There is a reason why Florida isn't pursuing Mullen this time around and why they also picked Muschamp over him the first time.

d6d5af1eae27269bfc2f09231c85f3f4.jpg

Does that mean it's Tom Herman?!?

There's also a David on the board, which means it could be David Shaw. As well as a Joe, so that means Joe Moglia is still in. No Jim, Scott, Dan, Mark, or Gary.

Looks like we have our 3 finalists.

I'm going to give a brief synopsis on each of the canidates:

TOP ROW: Let's be honest, none of these fellows are true candidates. They are in the back row where most don't even know they are there.(or can't read their name)

Susan Slusser: Big time A's writer who has played Madden and has flown into Nebraska "area" recently.

Eric Crouch: Listen, legends always pop up on our radar here at Huskerboard. If named coach he will likely only be involved with QB's, doesn't wanna mess with WR.

Claire Danes: Recent star of "Homeland" isn't really a football fan, so we haven't discovered the "Ginger Assasin's" plans with her.

Bill Nye The Science Guy: Rumors have it that he has developed a new scientific way to get that ball in the endzone.

Alfred Hitchcock: Once again, we really haven't figured out why SE has him on the list, but he may or may not be alive.

Tom Herman: An odd, but possible canidate for the real HBC job.

Frank Solich: Ex-Husker HC, might be back in the hunt to lead this team back to the promised land.

Alex Westerkamp: Also shares his sons creepy mustache.

Max: TBA

Paul from The Late Show: Die Hard Jets fan, watches every game. Likely knows a thing or 2 about football.

Sam Cotton: Recently became a canidate after his daddy brought his application to SE's desk.

George Gervin: Iceman needs some money, why not?

Peter Sampras: Tennis/Football? Is there any major differences?

Anita Dark: Umm...

Charles Barkely: Would be turrible not to consider this man.

David Shaw: Gut tells me he is the front runner.

Tom Herman: Who in the heck is this guy? 1:1,000,000 odds. Most unlikely candidate.

All of these "insiders" are the same. Make a statement, people believe it, make another vague statement just in case your guess is wrong so you don't look like an idiot. Rinse. Repeat.

Or more accurately some actually have connections. No one really knows for certain. Information gets shared to the best of people's abilities. situations are fluid. things change. rinse repeat.

Thats called taking a guess, not having "sources".

Even those with sources don't know. Eichorst.....er......the Redhead Assassin is being very tight lipped about the hiring. He's not leaking it to anyone, and no one will know for sure until he's standing next to the Huskers' new head coach.

Exactly. All info has to come from sources outside of state