Cowherd: "8 Great Job Openings in Football"

ScottyIce

Cowherd is such a flip flopper. A few weeks ago Michigan was a garbage job. Nobody would want it. Things have changed. Hell, 6 weeks ago he woulda sucked of Russel Wilson if he was in front of him, but not there's problems at Seattle. Russel isnt as good without this or this. Before the world series, the Royals were garbage cuz they had no power. No offense. Their "story" wasnt that big of a deal. Oh. but after they get to one hit from winning it, yeah, how they play is great. This is nte new baseball. Power is a thing of the past. Cowherd likes to flip flop after the matter of fact. So what he says has no bearing. It doesnt really matter what his opinion is on Nebraska football.

• Fire 1

If you listen to cowherd he never mentions nebraska. When it comes to "traditional" powerhouses in the big10.

Also he had a rant a couple years back specifically mentioning lincoln as a cold rural town. Saying it doesn't work anymore for recruits. So you have to rebrand the kind of football you play

He's such an idiot. I swear, the only reason he still has a show is because so many listen to him simply to hear what kind of boneheaded statement he'll make next.

I mean, that's why I listen.

You just watch. If we go in a different route, and get a hire that is regarded as great across the country, he'll be on telling everyone what a great job Nebraska is and great of a position we are in and yada yada. You'll see.

Count, what's your real, 'gun-to-the-head' prediction: Will Bo stay or get fired?

I feel like there is practically no chance whatsoever a change is made.

Why do you think that? Being in KC I've heard for years that we should get rid of him. Rarely do I run into even a Husker fan that doesn't think this the last few months. However, it's a small sample. I judge the fan base's support by this forum and a few chance encounters. But what I see is little to no support from the fans and media (both local and national). Is it different in Nebraska? Everything I see points towards him being on his way out.

You just watch. If we go in a different route, and get a hire that is regarded as great across the country, he'll be on telling everyone what a great job Nebraska is and great of a position we are in and yada yada. You'll see.

Count, what's your real, 'gun-to-the-head' prediction: Will Bo stay or get fired?

I think he's out.

you know. You go back to last year and his flip out. And I think there's a lot of credence to the thought that there was some sort of "Indy or bust" type of ultimatum. Bo then went on his "improving his personna" deal in the offseason, which I liked and thought it was warranted, because i thought in that regard he always did and still does get a bad rap, even though it's pretty obvious it does effect the teams' play when he blows his top on saturday afternoon. But the thing is, he totally lost control again against Wisconsin when it went south. And then in that particular post game presser, he just looked like a guy that knew he was beatin. Like he just didnt know what to do anymore. And against Minnesota, he just seemed like it was the last stand. And last Monday's presser? to me, it's a calm Bo. A Bo that seems to have come to terms with the inevitable.

Now combine that with 99 of 100 of the Bo-lievers that were remaining flipping, regents and boosters emails being flooded with the same concerning message after message (and yes, they are being flooded). The constant threats in those messages and on call-in shows to not renew season tickets. And MOST of all, this constant distraction of drama.

At this point, I dont see how the folks with the power can look at this situation, and with any ounce of common sense whatsoever, or any love for the program and school and state whatsoever, cant say that this relationship has reached a level of toxicity that really, the only thing to do right now is to move on, make a wholesale change, and at the very least, regenerate some excitement for the future with a new head.

Yes, this is my gut feeling. Not a hope. I truly believe that by Saturday morning there will be an answer. I also fully expect a classy Bo to openly admit his failure and acknowledgement that we do deserve better, like what Muschamp did. I just do. i think when all's said and done, Bo has the dignity to understand that it's just on him and he couldnt get it done.

• Fire 1

"Hearing that we should get rid of him" and the current environment with Eichorst don't necessarily have much in common.

I want change. I'm saying, I just don't think it happens this season. I barely think it's possible.

I am also not convinced change happens. Obviously it could.....but I'm not sure Eichorst and Pelini's relationship is as volatile as some may think.....nor with the other key players.