Bo is Only the Fifth Coach w/ 9+ Wins Yadda Yadda...

Landlord

Shanked that one LLOMS.

wut

Your punt. You shanked it. Answer the question. Don't waffle. Yes or no does a CCG win change your mind in firing Bo? It matters to you that TO shared two conference championships before winning one outright in 9 years.

Does a CCG change your mind? Simple question.

How do you not understand that the means by which said hypothetical championship game would be won changes how I would feel about it?

Farfetched? We were 1 second from a CCG in 09. And way to not answer the question.

that was 5 years ago with callahan recruits. he has not been that close since.

Pretty much exactly what sd'sker said. We have only gotten worse since then. I answered the question - I don't know for sure because it would be dependent on more than just a blanket "won a championship" without context, because after all, even Gene Chizik won a championship.

You punted and you know it. But honestly, if Bo has a CCG win do you want to fire him? It took TO 20 years to win the MNC. But he had conference championships. So, if Bo gets one do you still want to fire him?
Lol didn't you criticize this same poster on another thread for not using current coaching data pertaining to this year, yet you want to make some hypothetical about what if Bo won a championship? That in itself is very hypocritical. You don't need to ask what ifs because it hasn't happen. Until Pelini has won a conference championship then he shouldn't be credited for doing so and should be treated as if he hadn't. Since hopefully the goal at Nebraska is to win atleast a conference championship, he should be fired. To make up hypotheticals about the future is just ridiculous

Quick summary: He claimed 70% winning percentage is easy. I counter argues that if it was that easy mor coaches now would have a 70% winning percentage. He claimed 65% of coaches did. I found a source that showed only 20% of current coaches have a winning percentage of 70% or greater. He then mentioned his number was from All coaches for roughly 60 years.

Here we are talking about wanting to fire a coach before they've had a chance. I said people wanted to fire TO because he couldn't win the big game. He countered that TO won conference championships (tied technically) and then one outright in his 9th year.

So. I think it's fair, since we are in year 7 to ask if Bo win a CCG does it change your mind.

Shanked that one LLOMS.

wut

Your punt. You shanked it. Answer the question. Don't waffle. Yes or no does a CCG win change your mind in firing Bo? It matters to you that TO shared two conference championships before winning one outright in 9 years.

Does a CCG change your mind? Simple question.

How do you not understand that the means by which said hypothetical championship game would be won changes how I would feel about it?

It didn't matter for TO. You just claimed his wins, as being the difference between him and Bo and why you are ok with firing Bo.

A win is a win. Even a tie is a win in your opinion, when it comes to championships at least. But you won't answer. And I'll stop asking.

It didn't matter for TO. You just claimed his wins, as being the difference between him and Bo and why you are ok with firing Bo.

A win is a win. Even a tie is a win in your opinion, when it comes to championships at least. But you won't answer. And I'll stop asking.

Osborne's two conference championships consisted of being legitimate top 10 teams and being competitive in every game. If you look back you'll see that I said I wouldn't want Bo fired if we won a conference championship in a manner where we played quality and disciplined football.

Farfetched? We were 1 second from a CCG in 09. And way to not answer the question.

that was 5 years ago with callahan recruits. he has not been that close since.

Pretty much exactly what sd'sker said. We have only gotten worse since then. I answered the question - I don't know for sure because it would be dependent on more than just a blanket "won a championship" without context, because after all, even Gene Chizik won a championship.

You punted and you know it. But honestly, if Bo has a CCG win do you want to fire him? It took TO 20 years to win the MNC. But he had conference championships. So, if Bo gets one do you still want to fire him?
Lol didn't you criticize this same poster on another thread for not using current coaching data pertaining to this year, yet you want to make some hypothetical about what if Bo won a championship? That in itself is very hypocritical. You don't need to ask what ifs because it hasn't happen. Until Pelini has won a conference championship then he shouldn't be credited for doing so and should be treated as if he hadn't. Since hopefully the goal at Nebraska is to win atleast a conference championship, he should be fired. To make up hypotheticals about the future is just ridiculous

Quick summary: He claimed 70% winning percentage is easy. I counter argues that if it was that easy mor coaches now would have a 70% winning percentage. He claimed 65% of coaches did. I found a source that showed only 20% of current coaches have a winning percentage of 70% or greater. He then mentioned his number was from All coaches for roughly 60 years.

Here we are talking about wanting to fire a coach before they've had a chance. I said people wanted to fire TO because he couldn't win the big game. He countered that TO won conference championships (tied technically) and then one outright in his 9th year.

So. I think it's fair, since we are in year 7 to ask if Bo win a CCG does it change your mind.

So still his previous data doesn't matter, but you hypothetical about whether Bo will win in the future somehow proves your point? If you want the data taken from current coaches well then be consistent to say the least. I will tell you right now Bo has 0 conference championships and that number is not changing this year

Osborne's two conference championships consisted of being legitimate top 10 teams and being competitive in every game. If you look back you'll see that I said I wouldn't want Bo fired if we won a conference championship in a manner where we played quality and disciplined football.

Fine let's play this game. Would you fire with a CCG if we had the following records:

13-0 yes/no

12-1 yes/no

11-2 yes/no

10-3 yes/no

I doubt we get Wisconsin lucky and make it in with more than 3 losses.

Go.

I think it's ridiculous that I'm the one being accused of cherrypicking data.

If I want to figure out how tough it is to get a 4.0 in dental school, I am going to look at past students studying dentistry to compare. I am not going to look at current students in other fields.

But I'm sure someone will point out that analogy doesn't work because everyone is a coach. So if I want to figure out the success rate of middle income single-parent family males that make it to college, I'm going to look at past data that fits the qualifying criteria, I'm not going to look at data that includes women and lower class and wealthy kids.

Fine let's play this game. Would you fire with a CCG if we had the following records:

13-0 yes/no

12-1 yes/no

11-2 yes/no

10-3 yes/no

Go.

13-0 no way

12-1 no way

11-2 this still sounds pretty good but who are the losses to and by how much?

10-3 sounds like a typical Pelini season. If the three losses are to Miami, Wisconsin and MSU, for example, and all within 7-10 pts, and then we avenge the MSU loss in the championship game, I'm happy. If we get physically abused by BYU and Miami and lose to Purdue but still make it, yeah I'd let him go.

I think it's ridiculous that I'm the one being accused of cherrypicking data.

If I want to figure out how tough it is to get a 4.0 in dental school, I am going to look at past students studying dentistry to compare. I am not going to look at current students in other fields.

But I'm sure someone will point out that analogy doesn't work because everyone is a coach. So if I want to figure out the success rate of middle income single-parent family males that make it to college, I'm going to look at past data that fits the qualifying criteria, I'm not going to look at data that includes women and lower class and wealthy kids.

There is a reason the military uses a percentile score for their aptitude tests based on how individuals scored on that one test. It's so you get an accurate gauge of performance compared to actual peers.

What does it matter how Bear Bryant performed when we are talking about Bo Pelini and who might replace him. It doesn't. I'd rather see how his peers perform in the same environment.

What does it matter how Bear Bryant performed when we are talking about Bo Pelini and who might replace him. It doesn't. I'd rather see how his peers perform in the same environment.

The same environment would include things like the same amount of tv revenue, same amount of donor and booster support, same quality of facilities, same level of fan support, same strength of schedule, same advantages and disadvantages of recruiting and same quality of players.

Which is why comparing Bo to all currently active head coaches is the least effective and conclusive thing you can possibly do if you actually want to measure him properly.

The same environment would include things like the same amount of tv revenue, same amount of donor and booster support, same quality of facilities, same level of fan support, same strength of schedule, same advantages and disadvantages of recruiting and same quality of players.

Which is why comparing Bo to all currently active head coaches is the least effective and conclusive thing you can possibly do if you actually want to measure him properly.

Instead we should compare him to coaches that didn't have restrictions on the number of scholarships, in an age when parity in football didn't exist.

13-0 yes/no

12-1 yes/no

11-2 yes/no

10-3 yes/no

Go.

13-0 no way

12-1 no way

11-2 this still sounds pretty good but who are the losses to and by how much?

10-3 sounds like a typical Pelini season. If the three losses are to Miami, Wisconsin and MSU, for example, and all within 7-10 pts, and then we avenge the MSU loss in the championship game, I'm happy. If we get physically abused by BYU and Miami and lose to Purdue but still make it, yeah I'd let him go.

Kind of nitpicking here Landlord, and I'm on your side in this whole debate anyway, but I just scoped out Wiscy's 2015 schedule

Bama (@ AT&T Stadium in TX)

Miami (H)

Troy (H)

Hawaii (H)

Iowa (H)

@ NU

Purdue (H)

@ Illinois

@ Maryland

NW (H)

@ Minn

I don't know that I'd count on Wiscy dropping three conference games with that schedule. They'd likely need to get beaten by Minnesota and upset by Maryland, Purdue, NU, etc.

If I had to put money down, I'd put it on them losing 2 or less conference games. So in your 10-3 scenario, we'd again be left out of CCG.

MO--- Really? We're operating entirely in hypotheticals here anyway, but you're going to argue we should keep Bo because A) He was one second away from a Big 12 championship and B) He could win one next year? Those are both things that DIDN'T ACTUALLY HAPPEN. Furthermore, in regards to B, that was the directive for Bo LAST year. Make it to Indy or you're gone.

If we support keeping our coach based on hypotheticals and not job performance, I'm going to be p*****.

How many more years of ifs and buts are we going to give Bo before he gives us some candies and nuts?

There are simply many better options out there right now, and that's why I want Bo gone. I want to roll the dice with someone new, and I feel like most of Husker nation is with me. Gus Malzahn took Auburn to the NC game in his first year as HC. Brian Kelly and ND were there his 3rd year. Urb at OSU has lost 3 games in 3 years with that team, with an undefeated season and a BCS bowl to his resume. Hell, Hoke won the Sugar Bowl with Michigan in his first season.

Other coaches off the top of my head with immediate success: McElwain (CSU), Sumlin, Freeze, Rich Rod, Graham, Mora.

There are better options available.

DPE is absolutely the only reason for the improved punt return numbers.

FAIL!

As I said before, look at how the gunners were handled in 2013 compared to this year. No, really, you need to go watch about ten punt returns from last year and compare them to this year's, because it is astonishingly, night and day different.

By the way, who is responsible for Pierson-El being on campus...not any of Bo's staff, is it?