National Media Reacts to Pelini's Firing

Saunders

I can tell you now I don't give a damn about this Bo is the only coach to win 9 a year and be fired conversation.

If Nick Saban or Urban Meyer only win 9 games a year for the next seven years, AND suffer the blowout losses Nebraska has suffered in some of those 4 loss seasons, then those coaches would be moving on in one way or another.

It's all about what you settle for. There's no reason Nebraska needs to suddenly consider themselves a lesser to any other elite program. We have everything here we need to be successful aside from the coaches to take us there.

Nebraska is an opportunity for any coach who wants to be a part of something great and has the vision and ability to put it on turf.

Completely agree. But it appears we're getting killed by the national media. That's not what was expected.

No we aren't. The NFL is happening, and no one cares.

That's why it happened today.

Sorry, but the posted evidence proves it's not the unanimous foregone conclusion some thought.

Ultimately, it was the right move. But let's not pretend it was something everyone nationally thought was necessary.

Just so long as I don't have to pretend to care.

This is good for. Nebraska and I trust Eichorst. Especially after what I just watched in his presser. That was the best presser about Nebraska football in 7 years.

Ultimately, the next guy is going to have to win, and win fast, or he's going to get hammered, and our fanbase and school will get trashed.

Completely agree. But it appears we're getting killed by the national media. That's not what was expected.

Considering most of these guys have spent the better part of the last month writing about how Nebraska should be moving on it's kind of shocking. The real reason behind the firing wasn't the wins/losses - it's statements like the first tweet "in today's climate, 9-3 is what you are" that is the reasoning. Nebraska, nationally, has no become nothing more than a middle of the pack P5 team. That's why he's gone.

Exactly. Just last week it was this is unacceptable for Nebraska, changes need to be made etc etc...Today after a change is made it all changes. I really am tired of the media and their flip flopping BS. It's no longer any form of journalism, it's what group can we incite to sell headlines.

I can tell you now I don't give a damn about this Bo is the only coach to win 9 a year and be fired conversation.

If Nick Saban or Urban Meyer only win 9 games a year for the next seven years, AND suffer the blowout losses Nebraska has suffered in some of those 4 loss seasons, then those coaches would be moving on in one way or another.

It's all about what you settle for. There's no reason Nebraska needs to suddenly consider themselves a lesser to any other elite program. We have everything here we need to be successful aside from the coaches to take us there.

Nebraska is an opportunity for any coach who wants to be a part of something great and has the vision and ability to put it on turf.

No we aren't. The NFL is happening, and no one cares.

That's why it happened today.

Sorry, but the posted evidence proves it's not the unanimous foregone conclusion some thought.

Ultimately, it was the right move. But let's not pretend it was something everyone nationally thought was necessary.

Just so long as I don't have to pretend to care.

This is good for. Nebraska and I trust Eichorst. Especially after what I just watched in his presser. That was the best presser about Nebraska football in 7 years.

Ultimately, the next guy is going to have to win, and win fast, or he's going to get hammered, and our fanbase and school will get trashed.

2015 will be fine. Oregon comes calling in 2016. Let's see some support and if the talent is really here.

Yes. Any option B on this is beyond hypocritical.
i don't know about that. hopefully the next guy just shows any indication of improvement over 5 plus years and avoids embarrassment on and off the field.

i don't know about that. hopefully the next guy just shows any indication of improvement over 5 plus years and avoids embarrassment on and off the field.

What is "any" indication of improvement?

The goalposts continuously move.

• Fire 1

ask eichorst, he's the one who fired bo.

ask eichorst, he's the one who fired bo.

Agreed. Just asking about your words. One remote step backward is unacceptable.

Holy sh#t, dude. Let's start with not giving up over 400 yards to one player and then go up from there, huh?

• Fire 4

Not stagnating...

Holy sh#t, dude. Let's start with not giving up over 400 yards to one player and then go up from there, huh?

I'm definitely on board with that.

Not stagnating...

Agree. But numbers have to be attached to that. And hardware. Immediately.