Who on Bo's staff stays?

ladyhawke

I am wondering why Cotton was named interim head coach. He has been criticized as a line coach and the offensive line certainly has not been a strong point on our teams for several years now.

Anybody know if Eichorst consulted with Osborne over this firing?

Because it really doesn't mean anything. There's about a 0% percent chance that he is coaching football at Nebraska after the bowl game.

I hope Kaz, Brown, especially Warren. I think that's it for me. Really like Warren and if there's one guy that's my guy.

A question for anyone supporting the return of Warren. Do you want him back as a recruiter or for on the field coaching as well? As a coach, do you think he's more of an aggressive, press coverage, ball hawk kind of guy who would benefit in another scheme? Or do you think the never turn and look for the all, soft coverage, play the man bend don't break style was Warrens style, or just a result of coaching in Bo's scheme?

I had the same question. The lack of interceptions from anyone other than Gerry bothers me. The DB haven't been that good since Sanders left.

On coaching talent, Kaz is the only guy who should come back. But Kaz is making it impossible that it will happen.

How's that?

On RSS....rumors flying that he was caught at a Village Inn flipping sh#t over the news with his family. Supposedly called commits to begin purging players to decommit from NU. In anger, called NEB a "sh&thole," etc, etc. Take it for what it's worth....which may not be much....

I hope Kaz, Brown, especially Warren. I think that's it for me. Really like Warren and if there's one guy that's my guy.

A question for anyone supporting the return of Warren. Do you want him back as a recruiter or for on the field coaching as well? As a coach, do you think he's more of an aggressive, press coverage, ball hawk kind of guy who would benefit in another scheme? Or do you think the never turn and look for the all, soft coverage, play the man bend don't break style was Warrens style, or just a result of coaching in Bo's scheme?

I had the same question. The lack of interceptions from anyone other than Gerry bothers me. The DB haven't been that good since Sanders left.

See, I think the DB's have good talent. Been impressed with Mitchell ( unfortunately he hates me as a fan) and Davie plays solid football, even the youngster Kalu looks damn good out there. I just think the style they play in Bo's scheme is not one that displays their playmaking abilities. Didn't know if Warren would be one to showcase this if the defensive line and overall scheme was to become a one gap, attacking defense. Obviously in an attacking defense, a defensive back would press more often and be heads up, looking at the QB instead of having their backs turned.

It's just a whole other philosophy of putting pressure on the opposing QB and making him beat you......instead of the bend don't break, read and react stuff we've gotten used to here.

Please dear lord, not another coach who plays the patty cake scheme...I beg you.

• Fire 1

I am wondering why Cotton was named interim head coach. He has been criticized as a line coach and the offensive line certainly has not been a strong point on our teams for several years now.

Anybody know if Eichorst consulted with Osborne over this firing?

Why would he? Last I checked Osborne is no longer employed by the University.

On coaching talent, Kaz is the only guy who should come back. But Kaz is making it impossible that it will happen.

How's that?

On RSS....rumors flying that he was caught at a Village Inn flipping sh#t over the news with his family. Supposedly called commits to begin purging players to decommit from NU. In anger, called NEB a "sh&thole," etc, etc. Take it for what it's worth....which may not be much....

If he really did that, I expect him to get fired immediately.

When Ron Brown coached the wide receivers....they were one of the best units on the field

When Ron Brown coached tight ends....they were one of the best units on the field

Since Ron Brown has been coaching running backs....well, you get the idea.

A new HC might want an entirely new staff...but if he were smart...he'd take a look at keeping Ron Brown.

• Fire 1

How's that?

ouch, thats the best member on this staff

I think we need to clean house! None of this, you have to keep a coach cause I say so.

I actually wouldn't have any issue with this at all. When Gill was retained by BC, there was weirdness there that didn't need to be. Everyone couldn't wait to get rid of Watson and Gilmore after they were kept by Bo (with TO's recommendation). Let the new guy name his staff. If he decides to keep a couple guys, great. If not, no big deal to me.

How's that?

I'm not sure about that exact rumor. But I have heard that Kaz took the news more harshly than anyone, Bo included.