So.....what are your expectations?

macroboy

In light of all of the Pelini hate, the other people that are afraid of change, the people that still have Solich/ Callahan PTSD, the national opinions both ways- what are your expectations for the new staff?

1. I expect us to stay bowl eligible next year. You can rebuild and still win 6 games.

2. We need to compete for a division title in year 2.

3. We need to be competing for B1G championship by year 3 or 4 and pretty much annually- especially with our division.

4. We need to be ranked in the top 15 every year (maybe not next year but within 3 years) and usually in the top 10.

5. The losses have to hurt!! I mean really hurt. Hurt like they used to because we were in line for something awesome and that 1 loss may have ruined it. Not embarrassing but hurt!!

6. No more 70 point blow outs or 400 yards to 1 player. That stops!

7. I expect all of our players to actually know the rules on special teams.

8. I expect things that were problems at the beginning of the season not to still be problems at the end of the season.

9. I expect better QB play.

I hear some national media saying that we should get used to the idea that 9-4 is as good as it gets for Nebraska. I refuse to accept that. So should the next coaching staff.

What are yours?

• Fire 2

First, not many hate Pelini.

To answer your question, I don't need anything as specific as you listed. Rarely, did I see a Pelini team get completely out-talented. What I did see were blowouts and losses to less talented teams, or stated another way: consistently beat ourselves. Thats a coaching indictment.

I want clean disciplined football and a continued emphasis on getting the best recruits. Do those things, the wins/championships will eventually follow.

It's been a long, long day....but honestly, I don't know what to expect. I did, like you, read where some said, "Nebraska should get used to 9-4 seasons". Like hell....

Started to come back on Michigan State.....Wisconsin, we forgot how to contain.....Minny...turnovers.....But this story happens year after year. Now, I do believe the fuse is short nowadays. But, how much time did he need? I was a big supporter when he got hired. But then I saw him get into with players on the sideline.....berate Davie up and down the sideline. I mean that happens in college. But dang, how many times did we see his face all contorted yelling an losing it? with all that being said, I think the combination of him being caught on tape saying what he said about fans, his, "if they want to fire me, go ahead" statement and the blowouts, made this easy for SE.

All I want is to have a team who competes for 4 quarters and don't self destruct and lay down. If they would have kept him, i would have continued supporting. But there was a lot of collateral damage in the past and that was hard to look past.

1. No uncompetitive losses (21 points).

2. No "defensive records" given up.

3. Sound, smart, well played football.

4. A clear offensive vision.

5. Ample recruiting efforts.

6. I expect at minimum, 7 wins next year. No excuses.

7. After 2015, I expect to win our division within the following 2 years.

8. At minimum, a respectable showing in the CCG within the first 3 years.

9. Top 15 finish within 3 years.

10. A conference championship by year 5 at the very latest.

• Fire 3

1. No uncompetitive losses (21 points).

2. No "defensive records" given up.

3. Sound, smart, well played football.

4. A clear offensive vision.

5. Ample recruiting efforts.

6. I expect at minimum, 7 wins next year. No excuses.

7. After 2015, I expect to win our division within the following 2 years.

8. At minimum, a respectable showing in the CCG within the first 3 years.

9. Top 15 finish within 3 years.

10. A conference championship by year 5 at the very latest.

Nailed it