The collateral damage of firing Bo Pelini

knapplc

The collateral damage is we are likely losing a hell of a recruiting class. The collateral damage is the players essentially turning their backs on the program in the wake of their coaches termination. The collateral damage is the countless charitable foundations and individuals Bo and his family were involved in (family of mine being a part of that).

I'm actually pretty upset that this had to happen....but it did probably have to happen. It will honestly be pretty awkward for me at first watching this team take the field without Bo. But time heals all wounds and the only thing that stays the same is everything changes.

Good luck Bo. I truly hope the grass is greener for both you and this program.

• Fire 2

The collateral damage is we are likely losing a hell of a recruiting class. The collateral damage is the players essentially turning their backs on the program in the wake of their coaches termination. The collateral damage is the countless charitable foundations and individuals Bo and his family were involved in (family of mine being a part of that).

I'm actually pretty upset that this had to happen....but it did probably have to happen. It will honestly be pretty awkward for me at first watching this team take the field without Bo. But time heals all wounds and the only thing that stays the same is everything changes.

its a class of 17.

You think a good solid hire to the tune of a tress or another name cant get a whoppin 17 recommits or new recruits in 9 weeks?

I'll shed nary a tear over this recruiting class, which was supposed to be THE ONE, that was ranked exactly the same as the other ones.

Circle the wagons. It's time to be a Nebraska fan. I know I have hope again. Eichorst's comments finally showed life that we believe in the things we used to again.

I won't miss Bo, I won't miss his cat, I won't miss faux Pelini, I won't miss his press conferences, I won't miss the embarrassing losses, I won't miss watching him make himself look like a complete ass hat on the sidelines yelling at anyone within earshot.

Won't. Miss. Any. Of. It.

I won't miss Bo, I won't miss his cat, I won't miss faux Pelini, I won't miss his press conferences, I won't miss the embarrassing losses, I won't miss watching him make himself look like a complete ass hat on the sidelines yelling at anyone within earshot.

Won't. Miss. Any. Of. It.

Hear, hear!

• Fire 1

its a class of 17.

You think a good solid hire to the tune of a tress or another name cant get a whoppin 17 recommits or new recruits in 9 weeks?

first, choose the school, not the coach.

second, i think a lot of recruits will just re-evaluate their choice. if we bring in a good coach, they very well may still come. i mean, if you get set on a school, you probably still lean that way as long as the replacement makes you as excited, if not more.

I just don't think this is reasonable tbh. Do you have any examples of recruits that have been on record saying anything to this kind of sentiment? Maybe at a place like Texas or USC, but the only kids here that we can fairly expect to choose the school over the coach are kids that grew up in the state and were indoctrinated from day one.

I just don't think this is reasonable tbh. Do you have any examples of recruits that have been on record saying anything to this kind of sentiment? Maybe at a place like Texas or USC, but the only kids here that we can fairly expect to choose the school over the coach are kids that grew up in the state and were indoctrinated from day one.

probably not 100% reasonable, but it should be a consideration.

it rings a little true in that you should choose a school you love first and foremost. the coach has to sell it. but bo could have (theoretical) been hired away. you just have to be prepared for something like this. and plenty of players do stick around, nonetheless. so, if you love the school and it gets a good replacement, it is reasonable to stick with the school.

i have the example of SUH sticking with lincoln after his coach was terminated.