Why I don't like the idea of Scott Frost...

Originally, I was thinking Frost would be an easy decision. Young, hot commodity, has a bright future ahead of him, and "knows Nebraska"

Then I realized that Nebraska hiring Frost would be similar to Texas Tech hiring Kingsbury.

One of the biggest issues I see is he has not been coaching long enough to establish the coaching connections he needs for a quality staff. As most here know, you need a staff who are good recruiters, good developers of talent, and good with X's and Os. While Frost will get there, I'm afraid he would only be able to assemble a mediocre staff, like Kliff at Tech...which ended 4-8 this year.

Now, I know UNL has a LOT more going for it than Texas Tech, but the staff issue could be very similar.

• Fire 3

Multiple reasons I would not want Frost. You did touch on a very important one. He just does not have enough experience with "Head Coach", or as I call em' CEO as their position is much different than "coaching". Bo was finally coming to realize the importance of being a CEO, he just had a few assistants that probably needed to go. All in all, His personality does not mesh real well with being the Head Coach at a major university.

wish him good luck

If Frost did not play for Nebraska, would he even be considered right now?

He would be much further down the list, thats for sure.

I agree, he'd be much further down the list. Frost is certainly going to be a HC someday, somewhere, and based on his past performance as a player and a coach I think he'll make a good one.

Originally, I was thinking Frost would be an easy decision. Young, hot commodity, has a bright future ahead of him, and "knows Nebraska"

Then I realized that Nebraska hiring Frost would be similar to Texas Tech hiring Kingsbury.

One of the biggest issues I see is he has not been coaching long enough to establish the coaching connections he needs for a quality staff. As most here know, you need a staff who are good recruiters, good developers of talent, and good with X's and Os. While Frost will get there, I'm afraid he would only be able to assemble a mediocre staff, like Kliff at Tech...which ended 4-8 this year.

Now, I know UNL has a LOT more going for it than Texas Tech, but the staff issue could be very similar.

I looked up both player profiles pasts presents careers lifestyle I am having a hard time relating them except they are both

Caucasian males who are a part of college football. I find this interesting could you please post more details into your point of view I really can't put this picture together how they are similar.

I looked up both player profiles pasts presents careers lifestyle I am having a hard time relating them except they are both

Caucasian males who are a part of college football. I find this interesting could you please post more details into your point of view I really can't put this picture together how they are similar.

It's not about their player profiles, it's more about their coaching. They both started as GAs, moved quickly to position coaches at mid majors, then to position coaches at major universities before being promoted to OCs at big programs with prolific offenses. Kingsbury at UH then A&M, Frost at Oregon. Not including GA years, Kingsbury coached for 5 years before moving to Head Coach, Frost has coached 7. My point is that if Frost was hired by Nebraska, he would struggle to compile a competent coaching staff, like Kliff has struggled to do so at Tech, and the issue would have long-term repercussions.

Not that I want Frost for any reason, but his experiences are way more wide spread than Kingsbury. Frost played 4-5 years in the pros for 2-3 different teams. Everyone of those coaches that he came in contact with is an influence and resource that he can tap into. Frost spent his time on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. Which makes his experience deeper. Frost has been in the Midwest and Northwest for his coaching experience. Kingsbury has been within a 400 mile corridor in Texas.

I can see why you are worried about Frost being like Kingsbury, but the personalities are quite different. Kingsbury is all about image "Rock and Roll Coach". Frost is closer to TO in temperament. Kingsbury reminds me of Lane Kiffin.

I think you might just be missing out on a bit of information about Frost. First of all, he comes from a coaching family. His dad Larry was/is a pretty successful high school football coach. Second, he was recruited and played for Bill Walsh. Third, he played for and won a NC under TO. Fourth, he was drafted and played defense in the NFL. Fifth, he was an assistant under Chip Kelly. Now exactly how does this compare to Kingsbury in the least other than relative age?

My only concern with regards to Frost is whether he's connected enough to establish a great staff.