Anyone else think its pitiful that Bo had to say goodbye to his player of campus?

Dagerow

The player tweets have been overwhelmingly thanking Bo for what he did for them. There are a couple that said they though it was a bad decision and one who is off the wall. Yet you seem to want to base everything you say on that one player.

Do you honestly think that during that meeting there was no discussion of the administration? Or that the discussion was positive in regards to the administration? There is absolutely no way reading those tweets that someone could come to that conclusion.

I think it's pretty clear what was said, you don't have to have been there to have a pretty good idea. A couple (Finnin/Bondi) of the 100 or so are dumb enough to talk about it, but a few others alluded to it as well. Outside of writing it in crayon for Huskerboard, it's about as clear as it can get.

Maybe I'm just reading into it, and I'm really trying not to be judgmental but that is hard to do when the negativity thought surrounds Bo and his player continues to materialize. ***sigh***

Well, unless you heard it firsthand or got a firsthand report, then all that is left is "reading into it", so I wouldn't.

I don't think Bo helped his future by not taking the high road but whatever. I disagree that Bo shouldn't have been here and I don't think the well he hasn't worked out is not entirely accurate either. I think Bo helped dig this place out of a huge hole that The previous Admin. dug. But, sometimes the people that are good at that aren't good at getting to the next level. Bo doesn't handle adversity well, and it think it has been showing more and more in the last three seasons and was proved once again.

It was the tone of the tweets that got me. Like I said, maybe reading more into it than there is. Seems like the players are angry (which I don't blame them) but it seems to be directed at Administration, Media and Fans. Again, the us vs. them mentality that can be so damaging to the program.

I'd go along with this if those same players weren't getting heckled and insulted by "fans" on twitter. The first response after Armstrong displayed his initial and justified unhappiness with Bo being fired was some idiot telling Tommy that he was just a running back playing QB. I also saw some others telling the kids to calm down, as if they should feel nothing about this. Heck, I felt something about this. I was neither Pro-Bo nor Anit-Bo, but I still initally felt how dumb this could be. This whole decision still has a very strong possibility of being a bad decision. We just have to wait until the coach is announced.

• Fire 2
Outside of writing it in crayon for Huskerboard, it's about as clear as it can get.

Are you going to post your transcript or video? Because that is as clear as it can get. Anything else is hearsay and conjecture, regardless of how fervently you believe in it.

As for Pelini making a public statement, if he has already talked to everybody he wants, what's the point? Are people feeling left out?

Bo has always had to do things his way, no matter how right or wrong it is. Its more an ego thing, than anything to do with the university.

Yeah, saying tearful goodbyes to the players that treat him like a father figure is all about his ego.

i disagree.

If someone was about to get run over in the street, and Bo ran out there and pushed them out of the way (thus ensuring that he would get hit and possibly die), you'd find a way to make it negative.

But in the end, people were complaining about Bo not having a meeting with players. Then he has a meeting with the players, and people complain that he had a meeting with players. Bo literally cannot do anything right for some people.

Bo has always had to do things his way, no matter how right or wrong it is. Its more an ego thing, than anything to do with the university.

Yeah, saying tearful goodbyes to the players that treat him like a father figure is all about his ego.

i disagree.

If someone was about to get run over in the street, and Bo ran out there and pushed them out of the way (thus ensuring that he would get hit and possibly die), you'd find a way to make it negative.

But in the end, people were complaining about Bo not having a meeting with players. Then he has a meeting with the players, and people complain that he had a meeting with players. Bo literally cannot do anything right for some people.

i don't think that having a tearful goodbye was about his ego.

i disagree.

i don't think that having a tearful goodbye was about his ego.

Ok, I think my brain just exploded.

You were actually agreeing with my sarcastic remark, by leaving a sarcastic remark that went over my head. But this means you agree with me. I think that's a first.

Sorry for my response, as it was under the assumption that your comment disagreed with my sarcastic remark and that you thought it was all about his ego.

People want to look WAY too much into things.

He simply met his former players to tell them one last goodbye, former players who looked up to him a great deal. There was nothing posted or tweeted anywhere that even hint that it was a negative meeting.

The only thing I got from the responses was that the players really like Bo and he simply told them he'd always have their backs.

completely disagree. The university set up a meeting for him and the players on campus for Monday. He refused and sent messages to the kids to meet at a place and time HE wanted to meet. It that's not a control/ego maniac, i am not sure what is.

• Fire 2

At this point it's more offensive Pelini was ever allowed inside university property in the first place.

We're entering the crucial "let it go" period, Polo.

Everyone lets go in their own time, we don't get to tell others when it's time for them to let go.