Anyone else think its pitiful that Bo had to say goodbye to his player of campus?

Dagerow

Bo has always had to do things his way, no matter how right or wrong it is. Its more an ego thing, than anything to do with the university.

Yeah, saying tearful goodbyes to the players that treat him like a father figure is all about his ego.

i disagree.
-agreed-

Those who disagree with Mo on this have no sense of reality. I can't even respond as it is apparent facts and logic do not alter your opinion.

Bo has always had to do things his way, no matter how right or wrong it is. Its more an ego thing, than anything to do with the university.

Yeah, saying tearful goodbyes to the players that treat him like a father figure is all about his ego.

i disagree.
-agreed-

Those who disagree with Mo on this have no sense of reality. I can't even respond as it is apparent facts and logic do not alter your opinion.

All this tells me that it was right for Bo to get fired. Each guy that comes in under Bo is his guy and are loyal to him, not the N on the side of the helmet.

Bo created a culture of us vs everyone else including our own fans.

A new coach will get new guys in here who wont have such a "How dare you criticize us for losing games mentality"

Bo is butthurt.

His players are butthurt.

I get that Bo was a good guy. a father figure.. but he didnt win the games he was supposed to and was let go because of it... move on.

• Fire 3

I realize Bo might want have wanted to steal his prized stapler, but that is just unforgivable.

That's not unusual as he is no longer an employee of the university. However, I think it's really poor of LPS to fine the employee that let Bo and team meet at one of their high school! http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/LPS-Employee-Fined-For-Pelini-Meeting-With-Players-284669381.html

Why shouldn't he have to pay the exact same fee that everyone else who uses that facility pays?

• Fire 2

So I'm willing to give the players some space, and Pelini some time to issue a statement

What makes you think Bo owes anyone a statement?...and to whom would he owe a statement? You? Me? Shatel? Perlman?

The Age of Entitlement?

Not really. Just Standard Operating Procedure for the highest paid state employee, a common courtesy for someone with very public job, and a smart move for anyone hoping to find employment elsewhere.

I realize Bo might want have wanted to steal his prized stapler, but that is just unforgivable.

That's not unusual as he is no longer an employee of the university. However, I think it's really poor of LPS to fine the employee that let Bo and team meet at one of their high school! http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/LPS-Employee-Fined-For-Pelini-Meeting-With-Players-284669381.html

Yeah, they should have had them all arrested for trespassing... that would have gone over better.

Maybe you should pull that stunt and see what happens to you... for reference purposes.

Seems probable that Bo's explanation of the reason for his termination to the players (read "blame") was squarely at the door of the administration. My guess is that he, in his black or white mentality, felt handicapped and even betrayed by the AD and administration of the university. Those above him couldn't be totally "for" him because some of his behaviors were offensive, dysfunctional and negative. Because they were not 100 per cent for him, in his mind, they were against him. Another description is that athletic department folks were between a rock and a hard place.

It might have been an occasion for a mediator to negotiate an agreement but that's pretty difficult when one or both parties see the world in black and white.

I wonder if either party said, "How can we fix this?" Probably not, resulting in the expenditure of a tremendous amount of money along with the anguish, uncertainty, probably loss of players Looking back, it was probably not apparent that the "black or white" mentality might be a problem. Hiring a head coach might have allowed that discovery. There are, BTW, a LOT of illustrations of the difficulty for folks who go from assistant to head coach.