Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

Forget about his personality for a second. This would be a great hire for a number of reasons.

1. He's a damn good coach and he's proven that he can win in the Big Ten, and do it without elite recruits. He won 3 straight conference titles for a reason, beating Ohio State and their host of 5-stars on a routine basis.

2. His style of play is a perfect fit. Can you imagine how many yards Abdullah would've rushed for behind his offensive lines? My god. That would be tremendous.

3. Our woes against Wisconsin would almost surely end. We'd just be a better version of them.

4. He's only 44. Could stay for a while.

Look, I'm not a fan of the man, personally, but if he wins games, and wins championships, that's really all I care about.

Beating Ohio State on a routine basis? He was 1-5 against the Buckeyes with his only win coming in 2010. Two or three of the losses weren't really close either.

His career record at Wisconsin was 68-24, a .739 winning percentage. 2-4 in the bowls, 2-5 counting the Rose Bowl loss at the end of the 2012 season, he only got into that CCG in 2012 because the top two in the division were ineligible. Bo was 67-27, .713, winning percentage. 4-3 overall in bowls not counting this year. Yes, Bielema had a couple of 12-1 seasons and such, but there were a couple of clunkers in there too.

Not looking forward to this announcement if it's true.

Probably gonna say meh no matter what the announcement is. Such is life as a Husker fan, I guess.

Forget about his personality for a second. This would be a great hire for a number of reasons.

1. He's a damn good coach and he's proven that he can win in the Big Ten, and do it without elite recruits. He won 3 straight conference titles for a reason, beating Ohio State and their host of 5-stars on a routine basis.

2. His style of play is a perfect fit. Can you imagine how many yards Abdullah would've rushed for behind his offensive lines? My god. That would be tremendous.

3. Our woes against Wisconsin would almost surely end. We'd just be a better version of them.

4. He's only 44. Could stay for a while.

Look, I'm not a fan of the man, personally, but if he wins games, and wins championships, that's really all I care about.

Seriously? You must be an Arkansas fan troll that is trying to get rid of that pinhead. I am a transplanted Husker living in Madison for the last 21 years, and let me tell you it ain't been easy these last few years. I went to the U in Lincoln in 77-80. Because of my job here in Madison I am a little closer than most to the Badger football program, so I have a little insight into Beilema.

First, let's go over your points.

1. He is not a damn good coach. His hot start was due solely to the table that was ably set with excellent players and coaches by Barry Alvarez. What did those 3 conference championships get them in their bowl games? How many SEC conference games have the Razorbacks won? Review some of the clock management skills Bielema exhibited at Wisconsin. Yeah, he's a great coach.

2. His style of play. The Huskers ran the ball just fine this year, no big difference there. Barry got the ball rolling for the Badgers with their rep for being a great rushing team. The Badgers used the same formula as Nebraska; big home-grown linemen with outstanding back recruits.

3. The Wisconsin woes would probably not only continue, but would be worse because Coach Andersen at Wisconsin is a smart, adaptive coach that would out coach Bielema in his sleep. I can tell you Badger fans have been laughing their a@@@s off at Nebraska. If Beilema ends up at Nebraska they will be absolutely apoplectic.

4. He's only 44. God forbid he would be in Nebraska any longer than to change planes on the way to somewhere else.

You're not a fan of the man. Okay, you got one right. Neither is anyone in Wisconsin. I listened to the local radio talk shows here in Madison after he left (quite shadily I might add) and even with all the winning the Badgers did, not one caller expressed any dismay at his departure. He blindsided Wisconsin the way he left and he might be getting ready to do Arkansas the same way. I just hope the Huskers are not the recipients of his coaching "talents" if he dumps Arkansas.

His off the field shenanigans in the bars around central Wisconsin are legend. He is an embarrassment. I would rather see the Huskers go 6-6 every year and keep some self respect than to win a National Championship under Brett Bielema. If they hire him I'm burning all my Husker gear and will drink the Badger Koolaid. At least they got where they are because of Husker Alum Alvarez.

CoachingSearch.com ‏@coachingsearch 1m1 minute ago

Bret Bielema today: "I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. My commitment to Arkansas is long-term. http://bit.ly/14IQx2Y

well, the young AD sh#t in his mess kit, strike one! Is Callahan still available?......he should have known better, going after a first year guy, just getting started...dumb ass!

how are you so sure he actually reached out to bielema? i would calm down a bit until we know more.

Geezus, Amen.

All this speculation is f'ing with people's heads, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

First it was Eichorst doesn't have the ball to do this, then he slaps his nuts in all of you haters mouthes and fires the coach. Now he can't do right again in your opinion all because some website twittered some crap out there and you took a huge bite of the turd.

People need to slow down.

The guy that gets hired will be the coach whether you like it or not. You'll piss, moan, and cry all the way up til' he keeps on winning, then you'll suddenly pretend you loved the idea the whole time.

Much like the ass clowns who swore Bo should NOT be fired, then immediately after he was let go, began claiming how we simply could not carry on this way. How the losses were too embarrassing...yada....yada.......

• Fire 1

Bret Bielema today: "I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. My commitment to Arkansas is long-term. http://bit.ly/14IQx2Y

well, the young AD sh#t in his mess kit, strike one! Is Callahan still available?......he should have known better, going after a first year guy, just getting started...dumb ass!
how are you so sure he actually reached out to bielema? i would calm down a bit until we know more.
Geezus, Amen.

All this speculation is f'ing with people's heads, and they have no one to blame but themselves.

First it was Eichorst doesn't have the ball to do this, then he slaps his nuts in all of you haters mouthes and fires the coach. Now he can't do right again in your opinion all because some website twittered some crap out there and you took a huge bite of the turd.

The guy that gets hired will be the coach whether you like it or not. You'll piss, moan, and cry all the way up til' he keeps on winning, then you'll suddenly pretend you loved the idea the whole time.

Much like the ass clowns who swore Bo should NOT be fired, then immediately after he was let go, began claiming how we simply could not carry on this way. How the losses were too embarrassing...yada....yada.......

BB didn't pop off that comment for nothing........he had to reassure Arkansas he was going to stay......you can bet the offer was made by SE.

Rumors spread like wildfire in this world of wifi. Beliema could have heard his name being circulated from any number of sources. There's no way we can just conclude that SE made an offer.

Maybe he didn't, but maybe he did, we don't know that. For fun, let's say he did. Beliema is hired. What exactly are you or anyone that doesn't like it gonna do about it? What if he wins and wins a lot?

Whoever is hired deserves a shot at being successful.

Geezus, Amen.

BB didn't pop off that comment for nothing........he had to reassure Arkansas he was going to stay......you can bet the offer was made by SE.

he didn't have to say jack sh#t.

Geezus, Amen.

he didn't have to say jack sh#t.

sure he did, he had to say thank you after he got that raise.