Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

Gil Brandt, veteran analyst for NFL.com, reported that NU actually offered the job to Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on Wednesday. It synced up with what was reported by FootballScoop.com, which was the first outlet to say NU was targeting Bielema.

On Thursday, Football Scoop filled in some details and reported that "(Bielema) checked with his connections who know the current atmosphere in Nebraska as well as anyone and was advised against taking the position." Multiple sources told the Journal Star that Arkansas assistants were thinking they could be headed to Lincoln as late as Wednesday morning.

LJS

Just an FYI Husker fans....you tried to take Houston Nutt from Arkansas in the early 2000's and didn't get him...now you want to take a coach who just left the Big 10 for two reasons, the school he was successful with wouldn't put out the money to keep assistants and 2) Bielema said the best way to the NC game is to play and be successful in the SEC....why would he want to move back to the Big 10 ? He wouldn't....and if it became a contest of pocketbooks, well, you guys cannot compete as we have 7 billionaires who are officially boosters of the Razorback program. We have just finished this past season opening a 50 million dollar new football operations facility unrivaled in the SEC....so if you do get him, its because the money in Arkansas allowed it, if not good luck at outbidding Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys Owner), 3 Wal Mart heirs who live in Bentonville, AR, Jack Stephens, (mogul and orignal owner of 25% of Wal Mart stock), James Reynolds (Reynolds Aluminum, worth double digit billions and finally chicken mogul John W. Tyson, Jr obviously of Tyson Chicken, the largest marketer of chicken in the world. Better have a bladder full of urine if you are going to get into a pissing contest with the Super 7 listed above.

We have Warren Buffet.

let the pissing contest begin.

one supposes that you do not realize that Wal Mart Corporation is worth more than Exxon Corporation...compared to Wal Mart, Warren Buffet is a lightweight....and besides, I'm talking ACTUAL boosters of the program, not just some guy who was born in the states of Nebraska and Arkansas....doesn't matter now, however, you guys got YOUR MAN in Mike Riley...what a powerful hire...I'm guessing ol' Prozac Mike' made a huge splash in the local headlines..It must have taken Warren Buffet's billions to get that guy....NU was a football power in the 90's...matter of fact I'd say NU had one of the greatest football teams of all time in 1995, I believe it was....anyway, I respect your program, but if you can't win the Big 10, you'll never beat an SEC team for the NC....in 2010, we had a 14-0 lead on LSU at Baton Rouge as a play-in game for the NC against Alabama...so it hasn't been that long since we were good....Bielema was left a train wreck and has full intent, after the vast improvement his second year, in winning the SEC West next year....good luck with Riley (as you will need it)...and FYI, in the all-time series between Arkansas v Nebraska, we own you....but alas, Warren Buffet didn't have his fortune back in those days.

Just an FYI Husker fans....you tried to take Houston Nutt from Arkansas in the early 2000's and didn't get him...now you want to take a coach who just left the Big 10 for two reasons, the school he was successful with wouldn't put out the money to keep assistants and 2) Bielema said the best way to the NC game is to play and be successful in the SEC....why would he want to move back to the Big 10 ? He wouldn't....and if it became a contest of pocketbooks, well, you guys cannot compete as we have 7 billionaires who are officially boosters of the Razorback program. We have just finished this past season opening a 50 million dollar new football operations facility unrivaled in the SEC....so if you do get him, its because the money in Arkansas allowed it, if not good luck at outbidding Jerry Jones (Dallas Cowboys Owner), 3 Wal Mart heirs who live in Bentonville, AR, Jack Stephens, (mogul and orignal owner of 25% of Wal Mart stock), James Reynolds (Reynolds Aluminum, worth double digit billions and finally chicken mogul John W. Tyson, Jr obviously of Tyson Chicken, the largest marketer of chicken in the world. Better have a bladder full of urine if you are going to get into a pissing contest with the Super 7 listed above.

We have Warren Buffet.

let the pissing contest begin.

one supposes that you do not realize that Wal Mart Corporation is worth more than Exxon Corporation...compared to Wal Mart, Warren Buffet is a lightweight....and besides, I'm talking ACTUAL boosters of the program, not just some guy who was born in the states of Nebraska and Arkansas....doesn't matter now, however, you guys got YOUR MAN in Mike Riley...what a powerful hire...I'm guessing ol' Prozac Mike' made a huge splash in the local headlines..It must have taken Warren Buffet's billions to get that guy....NU was a football power in the 90's...matter of fact I'd say NU had one of the greatest football teams of all time in 1995, I believe it was....anyway, I respect your program, but if you can't win the Big 10, you'll never beat an SEC team for the NC....in 2010, we had a 14-0 lead on LSU at Baton Rouge as a play-in game for the NC against Alabama...so it hasn't been that long since we were good....Bielema was left a train wreck and has full intent, after the vast improvement his second year, in winning the SEC West next year....good luck with Riley (as you will need it)...and FYI, in the all-time series between Arkansas v Nebraska, we own you....but alas, Warren Buffet didn't have his fortune back in those days.

at least you have the waltons to fall back on during seasons like this.