Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

I did bring it up. It bothered me. It also bothered me that people said they wouldn't really care about it if we won. It's hypocritical.

I don't think every case of a fiery coach on the sidelines is equally an issue. With Bo it certainly seemed to go beyond what we saw on the TV screen. I'm not sure the same applies to Bielema, but I've never paid much attention to him, either. I mean -- the last time I watched Nebrasketball, Tim Miles screamed at officials while emphatically smacking himself on the head. And yet, that's not the full story on Bo.

I agree that to the extent it is or isn't an issue shouldn't have anything to do with winning.

Going off what BigWillie said earlier, Eichorst's friend and connection in Wisconsin was Alvarez. If Bielema had such issues with Alvarez, that might indicate this wouldn't be a buddy hire.

An Arkansas fan posted here as well that resources were an issue at Wisconsin -- i.e, Bielema took cuts in pay to try to allocate more money in order to retain assistants, but even that wasn't enough, and it was frustrating. That's understandable and will not be an issue at Nebraska.

I don't know if I really would pay attention to what some Wisconsin message board says. Husker boards come in all flavors, and of course, we fans in general aren't typically guided by logic.

All of this said, there's just something I'm not really feelin' about BB. I hope this is smoke and mirrors and we do end up with a top-notch caliber of guy by every account, whether proven (Shaw) or unproven (Frost). Bielema seems like a solid enough coach, but healing the program takes priority for me.

• Fire 1

Bielema's character another one of those few things you stand 100% by, saunders?

I'll admit, I'm not too familiar with the guy either.

But as I recall, you were never too fussed about Bo's sideline demeanor or leaked audio. So what's this about?

I'm not the person you were asking, but this guy gets under my skin. He whines about recruiting, especially when Meyer came to town; he runs up scores when able to, like throwing 80 yard touchdown passes when he's up 50 points; in a similar vein, going for 2 up 41-16; there was that time he said "I guess it's a good time to be a Badger fan" after the Penn State scandal broke; the time his wife tweeted "#karma" after Wisconsin got absolutely hosed by PAC refs; general douchey-ness.

The thing that worries me about Frost... let's say Nebraska's defense was clicking on all cylinders, dominating... would that make Papuchis a great hire? Or would we still really be talking about Pelini??

Let's hire a proven 'system'... not just a former player who we liked a lot, and appears to be pulling the levers on a great offense (when very possibly, he's still just the student).

• Fire 1