Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

Screen_Shot_2014_12_03_at_3_00_08_PM.png

Considering Arkansas plays in the toughest division CFB has seen in ages, that is one pretty damn impressive schedule.

Excusing a season opening blowout to Auburn, they were in EVERY single game they played this year.

But please, continue to point out how awful he would be at Nebraska.

• Fire 2

I don't understand the anger that many fans are having regarding Bielema. Look at the facts here:

1. He has a lot of experience as head coach (which many people want)

2. He knows how to win in the Big Ten

3. He utilizes a power running game and strong defense, which is right out of Nebraska history books

I agree...I would take BB and his record/qualifications over Frost or any other assistant any day. Ideally you would be able to have both the personality and the great record, but if I had to pick from the two, I'd choose the better record/experience over the personality factor.

I don't understand the anger that many fans are having regarding Bielema. Look at the facts here:

3. He utilizes a power running game and strong defense, which is right out of Nebraska history books

Because he's a classless tool. Nobody in the B1G liked the guy, and even Wisconsin fans weren't sad to see him leave. How hard is that to understand?

Jesus guys. Re the hell lax. Regardless what you think of Bielema, as a coach, he's EVERYTHING we've been clamoring for. Name one facet of his coaching abilities (leave the attitude, hot wife, fat slob, anything else out of it) that we DONT want. With the talent on this team, he'd have us in Indy and in legit playoff talk next year. Guaranteed.

Everyone wants good sound fundamental power football back. Well, here ya go. We're just made cuz he stomped our faces into the ground a couple times.

i do not even think his personality is that bad. we just hate him because he embarrassed us a couple of times.

yeah can someone post some bulletpoints on what is so bad about his character? I vaguely remember people getting upset about a couple of comments in the past that were no big deal but to me the big issue with him would be is he looking to jump again after a couple years (on the other hand maybe it's better of a deal when a coach leaves you tha you having to fire them idk)

Because he's a classless tool. Nobody in the B1G liked the guy, and even Wisconsin fans weren't sad to see him leave. How hard is that to understand?

is the inverse true? whoever defended bo's demeanor but criticizes bret's is a hypocrite? because i remember some heated threads explaining why bo's demeanor was not that bad and no big deal. and almost everyone was defending bo.

Forget about his personality for a second. This would be a great hire for a number of reasons.

1. He's a damn good coach and he's proven that he can win in the Big Ten, and do it without elite recruits. He won 3 straight conference titles for a reason, beating Ohio State and their host of 5-stars on a routine basis.

2. His style of play is a perfect fit. Can you imagine how many yards Abdullah would've rushed for behind his offensive lines? My god. That would be tremendous.

3. Our woes against Wisconsin would almost surely end. We'd just be a better version of them.

4. He's only 44. Could stay for a while.

Look, I'm not a fan of the man, personally, but if he wins games, and wins championships, that's really all I care about.

1. I'm not doubting how good of a coach he is. I think he's very intelligent.

2. My concern is, would Abdullah have even played? Bo and co. didn't have great recruiting classes but turned out good seasons. They found the diamonds in the rough. Abdullah is fantastic, one of the best, but a lot of his success is owed to the coaches who saw his potential.

3. I don't like this superiority complex a lot of Nebraska fans have with Iowa and Wisconsin. Wisconsin is a great program now. Getting a better coach doesn't automatically put us in a tier above them.

4. This is actually worse in my opinion. I don't want to stare his jiggly self on the sidelines.

Bielema's character another one of those few things you stand 100% by, saunders?

I'll admit, I'm not too familiar with the guy either.

But as I recall, you were never too fussed about Bo's sideline demeanor or leaked audio. So what's this about?

also, i think a lot of bret's character issues are based in perception and reputation than actual actions.

but you got to wonder, for the sake of perception, how we would have viewed bo if he was coaching another team and soundly beating us? we would eat off his off-the-field behavior for decades.

Bielema's character another one of those few things you stand 100% by, saunders?

I'll admit, I'm not too familiar with the guy either.

But as I recall, you were never too fussed about Bo's sideline demeanor or leaked audio. So what's this about?

I did bring it up. It bothered me. It also bothered me that people said they wouldn't really care about it if we won. It's hypocritical.

I remember seeing on the Wisconsin scout boards that they weren't sad at all to see him go. Many felt he resented the state, program, and Alvarez. Bert's not "as bad" as Bo, but he's far, far, from ideal.

This reeks of a Shawn Eichorst buddy hire, one of those things that everyone hated from Pelini. It's certainly not the best candidate, that's for damn sure.

• Fire 1

Actually this make a lot of sense on BB part to take a serious look at Nebraska. Nebraska is definitely historically a better job than Arkansas. Yes, they are in the SEC, but they will never be any higher than 4th most years in the pecking order in the SEC West. Alabama, LSU and A&M will always have the edge in facilities, recourses, and recruiting.

I think most are upset because he spanked NU 2x. He is brash, but much more well spoken than BP with the media. His style of play fits at Nebraska.

Not saying I am a BB fan, but I would be willing to give him a chance. Plus his wife is a nice looking lady. :leghump:

I don't know what everyone is unhappy about... he's got about as proven a track record as anyone on this list. I love the idea of Frost, but it's another big gamble. This is as much about the staff a coach surrounds himself with. Frost would be starting from scratch, just like Bo. I'm sure Bielema would be bringing most of his guys along.

Now that said... does everyone know Bret has a Hawkeye tattoo on his calf?!? Blasphemy!!

I never realized he was an Iowa alum. If he does come on board, one wonders then, if Ferentz is just keeping his seat warm in Iowa City until 2020 (depending on how fervent his love for the old school was... enough to warrant a tattoo at least! ;) )