Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

If I'm not mistaken, he's making almost $3 million per year, which we could easily do better than. The one thing you could easily sell him, too, is that even though recruiting would be more difficult, the path to the college football playoff wouldn't be. Arkansas is in the same division as Alabama, LSU, Auburn and Mississippi State. Here, however, he'd be given one goal in the division every year - beat Wisconsin.

Logistically, however, I believe Beliema does have a $12.8 million buyout, which is pretty hefty.

I'm not a big fan of this hire, personally, but you could certainly do worst.

• Fire 3

Link

On a conference call with local media on Wednesday, Bret Bielema was asked about his commitment to Arkansas, saying, “I took this opportunity without anybody knowing about it or hearing about it. … I’m not one of those coaches that gets my name involved or anything like that. When I started talking to Arkansas, I told them, ‘If my name comes out in a way other than my own release, then I’m going to be out of this conversation.' It’s just how I’ve always operated. … I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. Obviously, my commitment to Arkansas is long-term." Bielema also said raises and other compensation are coming for his assistant coaches.

So, he says he is committed to Arkansas but likes to keep his job searches on the DL. Huh?

Update> Per sources, Nebraska is targeting Arkansas head coach Bret Bielema and is in serious talks with him. Eichorst and Bielema has an extensive relationship from their time at Wisconsin (Eichorst served as Wisconsin’s second-in-command from 2006-11) and from what we hear this got serious quick. More to come…

Bret’s buyout clause (in short, $2.5M today, $2M come January):

BielemaBuyout.png