Bret Bielema?!?!???!??!

knapplc

@
— CoachingSearch.com (@coachingsearch) https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/540234584617517056

Bret Bielema today: "I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. My commitment to Arkansas is long-term.” http://t.co/vZgFaTaxcV

Posted by: Chris Vannini on Wednesday December 03, 2014

Arkansas: On a conference call with local media on Wednesday, Bret Bielema was asked about his commitment to Arkansas, saying, “I took this opportunity without anybody knowing about it or hearing about it. … I’m not one of those coaches that gets my name involved or anything like that. When I started talking to Arkansas, I told them, ‘If my name comes out in a way other than my own release, then I’m going to be out of this conversation.' It’s just how I’ve always operated. … I can't tell you how excited I am for next year. Obviously, my commitment to Arkansas is long-term." Bielema also said raises and other compensation are coming for his assistant coaches. Fox Sports' Bruce Feldman reports Nebraska is interested in Bielema.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker

I quit. Screw this. Talk about an ultimate F you to the fans if this happens. How the hell are we supposed to be excited about this? The whole point of getting rid of Bo was to escape mediocrity and pursue everyone's aspirations of becoming nationally relevant again. He sure as hell isn't doing that at Arkansas! If this is true, seriously, screw you, Eichorst.

70 - 31

• Fire 1

He's finally breaking through at Arkansas in the toughest division in CFB. Plus he didn't exactly have kind words for the B1G on his way out.

I don't see this happening.

SE is probably just helping out an old colleague by getting him more money from the Piggies.

1620 is right

Why all a sudden is this coming out? it's been so damned tight lipped. Seems like a favor from Eich to Bret to get Bret a raise.

This is a quote from Bielema during an interview he did today talking about when he was in discussions for the Arkansas job.

I took this opportunity without anybody knowing about it or hearing about it. … I’m not one of those coaches that gets my name involved or anything like that. When I started talking to Arkansas, I told them, ‘If my name comes out in a way other than my own release, then I’m going to be out of this conversation.' It’s just how I’ve always operated.

It could be tight lipped because that is how Bielema rolls.

or rather that he does indeed have fat rolls...

Jesus guys. Re the hell lax. Regardless what you think of Bielema, as a coach, he's EVERYTHING we've been clamoring for. Name one facet of his coaching abilities (leave the attitude, hot wife, fat slob, anything else out of it) that we DONT want. With the talent on this team, he'd have us in Indy and in legit playoff talk next year. Guaranteed.

Everyone wants good sound fundamental power football back. Well, here ya go. We're just made cuz he stomped our faces into the ground a couple times.

• Fire 4

Jesus guys. Re the hell lax. Regardless what you think of Bielema, as a coach, he's EVERYTHING we've been clamoring for. Name one facet of his coaching abilities (leave the attitude, hot wife, fat slob, anything else out of it) that we DONT want. With the talent on this team, he'd have us in Indy and in legit playoff talk next year. Guaranteed.

Everyone wants good sound fundamental power football back. Well, here ya go. We're just made cuz he stomped our faces into the ground a couple times.

i do not even think his personality is that bad. we just hate him because he embarrassed us a couple of times.

• Fire 2

I'd prefer integrity and a coach to be proud of. Bert is not that. He ain't done sh#t without Paul Christ either.

Oooh, he beat up Bo's teams? Whoopty f'ing do. So have about 15 other coaches.

• Fire 3